Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 18, 2024 - @303.94 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 26/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :eyes: ~ Inconvenience is counterculture ~ :eyes:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving
| | | |-+  Cyberdecks

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Cyberdecks  (Read 617 times)
wetnoodle
Full Member ⚓︎

a silly lil goose

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

LifeParticipated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: December 16, 2023 @4.63 »

Hey y'all! I've been super into cyberdecks lately, and I'm planning to build one with a framework motherboard. I still need some parts (screen, battery, probably something else I'm forgetting) but here's a mockup of what I'm hoping for it to look like:

Let me know what ya think and if you have suggestions or just wanna chat about cyberdecks!

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2023 @39.41 »

This is really cool! I like how the recommended parts list starts with a list of inspirational reading material.

I remember years ago trying to make a portable Wii and realising that hardware modding was.. maybe not my best skill; but things like the Pi have really made a lot more-a lot more accessible. BUT I also did a build-your-own microphone workshop and it was an amazing feeling to create a piece of tech from bits and understand what all those bits did.

What would you say you learned in the process and do you think it's enhanced your experience of tech?

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
wetnoodle
Full Member ⚓︎

a silly lil goose

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

LifeParticipated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2023 @70.90 »

I definitely have a lot to learn still! :ohdear: but yeah I really enjoy getting the most out of tech to be/do what I want! Also the website I linked is a great resource, especially with their parts list :ozwomp:

shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2023 @526.10 »

You might also be interested in the Yarh.io project and others :smile:

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
bugholder's epiphany
Full Member ⚓︎

why do they call it oven

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2023 @927.93 »

I've always wanted to make a Cyberdeck for fun, but I haven't had the time or money to do it, which is a shame.
I'm thinking something akin to the NES Powerglove, or something made from a broken PS2. Replace the disc tray with a small screen and what-not
wetnoodle
Full Member ⚓︎

a silly lil goose

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2023 @943.85 »

You might also be interested in the Yarh.io project and others :smile:

Oh those look so cool thank you for the recommendation, definitely gotta check those out more!

I've always wanted to make a Cyberdeck for fun, but I haven't had the time or money to do it, which is a shame.
I'm thinking something akin to the NES Powerglove, or something made from a broken PS2. Replace the disc tray with a small screen and what-not

Yo both of those ideas sound rad!! I definitely feel that with the expense and time issues :ohdear: I've been slowly accumulating the parts over the past 3 years  :ha:

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi