Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 30, 2024 - @304.77 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 43/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  Keeping Up and Toys in CSS

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Keeping Up and Toys in CSS  (Read 286 times)
brisray
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: December 20, 2023 @715.98 »

Writing websites is easy but keeping up with what's happening takes a bit of time. As a web developer, if I didn't keep then I was falling behind and becoming less relevant. I thought I'd share what I have been reading and playing with lately.

CSS Tricks - One of the better sites about what's happening to CSS and what you can do with it.

CSS Wrapped: 2023! - What happened to CSS just this year.

You don't need JavaScript for that - New toys for CSS.

Email obfuscation: What works in 2023? - Adding an email address to a web page without getting spammed to death.

SelectList (was SelectMenu) - CSS Tricks and Open UI - still experimental and not yet supported by any browser. I can think of a zillion things I could do with this.

Details - Me messing around with the Details tag. Soon to be moved out of the test folder when I tidy it up.

https://brisray.com/web/embedding.htm - very much a work in progress and a complete rewrite of https://brisray.com/web/video.htm, that was written when the only way of diaplaying audio and video on pages was the Embed tag and using plugins.
TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2023 @943.90 »

These are some great links--my info on email obfuscation was several years out of date, so I read through that article with great interest. I think I'm going to implement some of those strategies on my site, and see if I can tweak a few to work with my comments form on my blog. Oddly, I do not receive nearly as much spam as I used to via email these days. I think most email spam comes from shopping sites and newsletters, while the rest of the bots focus on comment forms.

I used to have a really great spam filter at the blog, but when PHP was updated it seems the devs had left, and now it's no longer compatible. With this I may be able to do some misdirection and confuse any bots trying to post their stupid online pharmacy links.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

keeping blog posts, site updates, and project updates separate and organized

Started by Frost SheridanBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 2
Views: 500
Last post February 02, 2023 @490.36
by Gans
Keeping motivation to code?

Started by dotmidiBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 6
Views: 538
Last post February 06, 2023 @772.11
by Commodorn
A cool avatar site (andypants.net)

Started by SilkSkullBoard ⚛︎ ∙ Share your Resources

Replies: 17
Views: 1571
Last post April 01, 2023 @105.91
by SilkSkull

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi