Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
May 01, 2024 - @903.56 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 39/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving
| | |-+  Having trouble with New PC

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Having trouble with New PC  (Read 233 times)
DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Wanna be like :grin: but instead I'm like :sad:

Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

20% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: December 25, 2023 @965.54 »

I got a lot of things for Christmas this year, and there was one gift that my parents had hinted to me prior, and I kept wondering what it was going to be. I kinda got worried about it being a new PC, but i brushed it off because i didnt know what it would be. Turns out it was a PC. And that kinda made me freak out a bit because I wasnt comfortable with the idea of replacing my computer with a new PC, especially one with Windows 11, yuck. My brother got the same kind of setup, and while I thought it was cool and definitely saw that it was better than mine, I was still iffy about it all, because 1. I like my computer because its simple, compact, has the features i like in a PC, and fits on my desk well. 2. its that I dont know if i really need a beefy PC, because all the games I play run well on my PC already, including mostly indie games and stuff like GMod. 3. It feels like too big of a jump to make. I know i could just flash the PC with a linux distro but i havent even begun to decide which one i could use. Also, i just think the PC and monitor is too big.
what do yall think i should do?

j
Full Member ⚓︎

bleh bleh *gargle gargle*

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2023 @999.03 »

ideally, i would try to find a way to donate the PC to charity - or sell it for a way cheaper price than usual so other folks that need the tech can use it. this is socially difficult because there's probably some sentiment your folks have towards having bought the PC /for/ you specifically. maybe have a chat with them to explain that you're happy with your current PC?

i go by j, she/they :)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Always My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2023 @13.59 »

I wasnt comfortable [] I was still iffy about it [] I dont know if i really need a [] feels like too big of a jump to make.

Use it for a month and then decide :smile: Your old ones not going anywhere and you may find that your needs grow into the new capabilities this one offers. If after a month you still know you like your old one more, then you will have no regrets and this one will be a great gift for someone who wants it; plus it should prove to your parents that you valued their gift and gave it a fair chance.

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Wanna be like :grin: but instead I'm like :sad:

Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

20% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2023 @25.86 »

ideally, i would try to find a way to donate the PC to charity - or sell it for a way cheaper price than usual so other folks that need the tech can use it. this is socially difficult because there's probably some sentiment your folks have towards having bought the PC /for/ you specifically. maybe have a chat with them to explain that you're happy with your current PC?

I did that, and they do understand. Im keeping the gaming chair they got me though because my current chair is very old and needs replacing. Thanks for the tips, maybe i can get them to send it to charity

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

HELP: troubles in implementing iframe to my existing layout

Started by morrysillusionBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 8
Views: 1778
Last post June 07, 2022 @522.55
by Melooon
newgrounds' art games section

Started by DarmodejBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 0
Views: 1171
Last post February 03, 2022 @906.33
by Darmodej
newsletters for dum-dums [not a tutorial, i'm the dum-dum]

Started by luluBoard ✑ ∙ Writers Corner

Replies: 3
Views: 1583
Last post June 27, 2022 @476.60
by Melooon

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi