Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @309.64 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 31/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving
| | | |-+  Solid, good quality wired earphones

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Solid, good quality wired earphones  (Read 844 times)
HalfOfBilly
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Neat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: December 30, 2023 @164.56 »

I've been a sound enjoyer for quite some time, particularly the kind that comes from mp3 players, phones, and computers.
However, this has resulted in the gradual accumulation of several broken, poor quality earphones, most of which have worn from their thin cables. :sad:
I was wondering if anyone here knows/have/have had any wired earphones brands/models that are strongly built in all areas, while also providing at least decent sound. Price is not a concern- I'm willing to pay more if I know I'll get a long life out of it.
(delusional optimism here, but I'd love to be able to get a couple years out of them if not longer)

Looking online, the top results all have good quality speakers, but I can't help but be turned off by the thin cables that'll probably last only 6-8 months.
Unfortunately, switching to wireless is not really an option; many devices I listen to music on don't support Bluetooth, and I feel like I certainly would lose them at some point if they weren't attached to anything.

Cheers :)

I'm an animator who animates animations (now in 1080p!!)
DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I FOUND A PONEH

Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Bred :320% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2023 @168.01 »

I'd suggest those Apple brand wired earbuds, specifically the ones that came with older iphones and the like in those rounded rectangular cases. Theyre pretty awesome imo

corvidaegalaxy
Casual Poster ⚓︎

nonpsychotic 🧚‍♂️🧚‍♂️🧚‍♂️

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: corvidae

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2023 @173.34 »

can also vouch for apple brand ones.. even tho i hate apple, they make awesome earbuds jirhfyurhdjgkdtb but tbf theyre the only ones ive ever really used cus i just havent heard of any better brand yk? anyway, i hope you can find what ur looking for soon!! when in doubt, binge watch wired earbud reviews on youtube :3

SquidDied
Casual Poster

StatusCafe: squiddied
iMood: Squid_Died

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2023 @176.30 »

Honestly I just use apple's wired earphones, if i take good enough care of them i manage to make them last a while fair while.

Other than that, if you dont have a spending limit id suggest looking at some Audio Technica stuff? although i cant vouch for their earphones specifically, i did have a really nice pair of headphones from them once, they can get expensive but id say its worth it since they put that money into quality products and not stupid marketing bs as their brand targets professional music producers (and audiophiles). youd have to look at their range for yourself.

also sorry about that link if the region is wrong, im sure youll find ur way tho XD
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023 @186.89 by SquidDied » Logged

wetnoodle
Full Member ⚓︎

a silly lil goose

View Profile WWW

LifeParticipated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2023 @215.97 »

If you're cool with over-ear headphones, my grados are my favorite, they sound great and are light and comfy!

edit to add: the cable is really nice and has a strong braided exterior
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023 @254.20 by wetnoodle » Logged

j
Full Member ⚓︎

bleh bleh *gargle gargle*

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2023 @219.10 »

it's crazy how long i had to dig through ebay to find a pair that actually lasted. i'm very accidentally rough with my earphones to the point where they get properly yanked all over the place, and i've only just (after a year or so) had one of the earbuds of this make die on me. hopefully they might work for you, too?
emeowly
Casual Poster ⚓︎

StatusCafe: emily

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2023 @226.89 »

my current earbuds are these skullcandys(i think i got them somewhere else though) and theyre about 2-3 years old now and still work really well even after stuffing them carelessly in my bag a lot. they do have thin cables but they seem to hold up better than other earbuds ive had before. i have some apple earbuds too from my phone but theyre really uncomfortable for me to use because the ear pieces are hard and not really shaped to the ear

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2023 @548.30 »

The above suggestions are all great, I'm particularly a fan of Grado's things (but iv never used their in-ears).

Usually, these days if you are looking for high-quality in-ears the term to search for is IEM (in-ear-monitor) - they can range in price a LOT, but I've found ones made by Moondrop to be affordable and good sounding (I also have some older ones made by Sennheiser that are great!) - there's a DankPods video where he shouts at you about the subject if you want to be shouted at :tongue:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
grubbyfox
Full Member ⚓︎

forever in 2006

iMood: grubbyfox

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2023 @29.18 »

Sorry, I'm a little behind on the terms, haha. You mean, over-ear headphones right? Or in-ear buds?

My logic when looking for over-ear headphones is to always look for a good/long time runner brand, but at their lower price range.

Sony, Philips, Sennheiser, JBL...those brands +++ more I prob forgot. I had some super cheap Sennheiser headphones that were amazing!! They had a fairly flimsy cable, but it lasted me prob near 6-7 years of use? Right now I have some Philip ones. The sound isn't amaaaazing, but it's pretty good, and both the Sennheiser and the Philip ones, I can wear over my ears for around 6+ hours no problem. The cable for my Philip ones were pretty average-to-sturdy, and I think I am on year 4 or 5 with these now.
Sound wise, I would say the Sennheiser were better, but the Philips ones aren't bad, just not bringing their A-game. (but they were cheap.)

I used to have some Sony ear-buds (the cheapest options they had) and they had surprisingly good audio. They were also one of the few types that didnt use that god awful suction cup thing that creates a vaccuum in your ear. I cant stand that. I just want a bud that sits in my ear opening, wiht those cotton pillow cases over.

HalfOfBilly
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Neat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2024 @407.01 »

Thank you everyone for giving me your recommendations. I decided on getting a pair of Grado Labs earphones (the SR60X specifically). After some time testing them out I'm more than pleased with them.
The sounds solid, a bit more tenor than bass but that's hardly an issue, and the cable makes me think that these should last a good while, even with my fidgeting. It is a little less convenient having over-head headphones, but it's certainly a step-up from my previous setup (two earphones connected to a double jack because each had an ear that didn't work)

Thanks again :)

I'm an animator who animates animations (now in 1080p!!)
dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

i have grown accustomed to your face...

iMood: dotmidi

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Graduate '23Pocket Icelogist!Pet BatCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2024 @417.56 »

my current earbuds are these skullcandys(i think i got them somewhere else though) and theyre about 2-3 years old now and still work really well even after stuffing them carelessly in my bag a lot. they do have thin cables but they seem to hold up better than other earbuds ive had before. i have some apple earbuds too from my phone but theyre really uncomfortable for me to use because the ear pieces are hard and not really shaped to the ear
Backing up with this claim, I had skull-candy earbuds in middle school and they survived SO LONG that I eventually upgraded to a pair of headphones, and even doubled down to more expensive headphones later on in life. I think they're considered pretty cheap so it's easy for people to dismiss it as bad quality but I hadn't had a problem with them and I think they're the best from my personal experience.  :tnt:
And I second the apple earbud part, extremely uncomfortable.

Thank you everyone for giving me your recommendations. I decided on getting a pair of Grado Labs earphones (the SR60X specifically). After some time testing them out I'm more than pleased with them.
Determined with enough research, I feel as though everybody comes out with the product they have in mind  :ozwomp: It's great to hear you found the right headphones for you, and I encourage everyone on this topic to consider asking for input on product kinds in their lives whether it's to talk to real friends or a forum post because it is much less biased, as is reading product reviews.

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Freeware music goodies!

Started by phodicaeBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 5
Views: 2515
Last post February 13, 2022 @285.71
by easy_breezy
Are there any good resources on how to get started on C++?

Started by easy_breezyBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 1
Views: 1397
Last post February 19, 2022 @957.49
by Melooon
Does anyone think it would be a good idea to start a FPS webring?

Started by BritKneeBoard ☮︎ ∙ Other Communities & Webrings

Replies: 4
Views: 1618
Last post November 29, 2023 @658.16
by myleszey

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi