Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @323.56 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 31/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links
| | |-+  Neopets Art Site from 2002

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Neopets Art Site from 2002  (Read 974 times)
OneMillionFurries
Full Member ⚓︎

Gettin silly with it

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!:0 its one million furriesFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: January 01, 2024 @160.32 »

I JUST found this site and KNEW that I had to share it with y'all! It's so simple and charming and the art is fantastic!

vvv CLICKY! vvv

Honestly I'm tempted to put that badge on my own site.

P.S. I'm looking at the Geocities.ws site... does anyone know about this? This is my first time hearing about it. The pricing looks good (to me: someone who doesn't actually know much about web hosting) but I'm not sure if it's a "too good to be true" type of deal or not.

khaos

any pronouns

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2024 @889.44 »

oh my god, what a charming find!! <33 i remember finding a lot of artists through the neopian times' comic section back in the day and this art style is rlly nostalgic for me :ozwomp:

Capybara
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Large rodent

StatusCafe: capybara

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2024 @138.72 »

Oh my god!! This is such a nice surprise to find, I saw this site as a kid and wanted to draw like this so bad... I can't believe some of these sites are still online, it's such a blessing.

P.S. I'm looking at the Geocities.ws site... does anyone know about this? This is my first time hearing about it. The pricing looks good (to me: someone who doesn't actually know much about web hosting) but I'm not sure if it's a "too good to be true" type of deal or not.

According to this blog post from 2020, it appears to be too good to be true. I appreciate the Geocities archive at least (even if my site wasn't archived :drat: lol).

MrsMoe
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2024 @212.38 »

Holy crap, this girl's one hell of an artist! I hope that her talent is still thriving elsewhere, wherever she is now. Also, it always blows me away whenever I find art of this quality from the early 2000's. It's incredible to think about getting this level of beautiful fanwork when the internet was still in its infancy.

OneMillionFurries
Full Member ⚓︎

Gettin silly with it

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!:0 its one million furriesFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2024 @218.51 »

Oh my god!! This is such a nice surprise to find, I saw this site as a kid and wanted to draw like this so bad... I can't believe some of these sites are still online, it's such a blessing.

Right?? Unfortunately I wasn't born early enough to really explore these types of sites in their heyday, but I do love coming across them nowadays and going down little rabbit holes of links.

According to this blog post from 2020, it appears to be too good to be true. I appreciate the Geocities archive at least (even if my site wasn't archived :drat: lol).

Ahh, unfortunate. Hopefully it's archived somewhere! I can only assume you've already checked the wayback machine, yeah?

Holy crap, this girl's one hell of an artist! I hope that her talent is still thriving elsewhere, wherever she is now. Also, it always blows me away whenever I find art of this quality from the early 2000's. It's incredible to think about getting this level of beautiful fanwork when the internet was still in its infancy.

Right though!? Like there are some works you could kind of tell are from the early 2000's just by the style or certain techniques used. But some pieces I'll see completely blow me away because they look so modern and ahead of the time!

Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

iMood: Misanthropic
PicMix: BitterGoblin

View Profile WWW

beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice!bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2024 @788.83 »

That is so cool! I used to have a site for all my pets on Geocities aswell. This makes me really miss Neopets (how it was back then) I remember creating my account in the late '90s and obsessively playing it everyday... I had a bunch of art contest and game contest awards I'd won and a bunch of rare transmogs and petpets...

My art which won me the contest trophy is still up though which is cool!

And this is my profile which still seems to be up

I've not been able to sign into the account since 2009 though because my account got hijacked and the password was changed and the Neopets mods were never able to help me recover the account despite me proving it was mine. That was also very sad.

But I have lot's of happy memories of playing the games and loving all the environments and characters!

bees
Jr. Member ⚓︎

iMood: lobb

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2024 @986.20 »

This is awesome! I feel so nostalgic for old Neopets stuff, even though I recently went back :) I used to spend hours tweaking the html on my pets' petpages, though I don't think I ever drew any art.

Also, if anyone wants another trip down memory lane, check out Dr. Sloth's Emporium! It's a whole database of Neopets assets, including rather old ones that took me way back when I saw them.

arcus
Jr. Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: arcus
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2024 @331.18 »

Really nice find. Eyries are my favourite pet, too.

Suta-Raito was another nice Neopets (and Pokémon) fanart site back in the day. It was one of my favourite sites. :)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

HIRA's Artworks

Started by MemoryBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 14
Views: 3647
Last post June 13, 2023 @143.22
by xandra
Best way to have a 2 column site?

Started by ObspogonBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 3
Views: 2188
Last post February 13, 2023 @208.53
by fLaMEd
How do you prefer to keep your site organized (or not)

Started by NightdriftBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 29
Views: 7853
Last post July 17, 2024 @105.61
by Zombiethederg

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi