Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 28, 2024 - @538.55 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 36/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Do you like cooking?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Do you like cooking?  (Read 1302 times)
sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

iMood: sigmatic

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Certified chocoboGoose!Joined 2022!
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2023 @431.39 »

I like cooking but only on my own terms, I get pretty antsy when I'm sharing the kitchen with someone else  :unite:  <-- me

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
Leekleeks
Casual Poster

Professional Wallflower

iMood: Leekleeks

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2023 @161.76 »

I love cooking  :smile:

Some resources you might find useful (especially if you like to learn WHY you do things in recipies):

- America's Test Kitchen
- Cook's Illustrated has amazing stuff, but the magazines can be a bit pricey
- Serious Eats
- Adam Ragusea or J. Kenji Lopez-Alt are great resources on Youtube
- OsaraRecipies for some of those Italian cooks out there  :smile: Plus, the guy in those videos is so charming.

The only part I don't like about cooking is keeping the kitchen tidy after I cook  :drat: But it's worth it!  Especially since where I live, there aren't too many options that are worth your while for dinning out.  I hear that's a problem across all of Rural America though.
arsenicCatnip
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Big Big Worm is Wriggling With Glee!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2023 @973.51 »

I love to cook! I've been doing it quite a lot lately for to prepare me when I go off to college soon, and I've developed a particular fondness for Cuban food. It uses a lot of spices and herbs that I don't often find in the cuisine of my native country, but still has a really familiar and rich kind of aura. I also really like experimenting with older recipes, especially for neighborhood potlucks or family get-togethers (my dreadful jello salads are a sight to behold!).

--ArsenicCatnip :-P
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2023 @53.72 »

Hmm I only do it because I need to eat. I'm not very good at it. I can't practice anything nicer either because I only ever cook/bake for myself. Recipes are usually for multiple people like pie or cake, I can't eat all of that alone.

Looks like it's just you and me who are against the consensus. I only cook and eat because I have to or else I'll "unalive myself," as the kids say.

Anything that is more difficult than:

Step 1. Preheat the oven to the temperature specified on the box,
Step 2. Open the box,
Step 3. Put contents of box in the oven for the specified duration of time,
Step 4. Consume

... and I'm giving up.

The only time I ever hosted Thanksgiving dinner was after I bought my first house and my family insisted, but I only agreed on the condition that they would cook and I would clean. They accepted my terms because they knew that they would be eating frozen chicken nuggets otherwise.
anglade
Casual Poster ⚓︎

bonk

View Profile WWW

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2023 @770.25 »

I love cooking! There's nothing like the feeling of pride I get from sitting down to a meal I made myself, especially when it's really good. Now that I'm in a dorm without a kitchen, I really miss it...
Anyway! My favorite easy-ish recipe is egg-fried noodles!
Boil some instant noodles
Throw them (and the egg) into a pan/wok
Stir that up until it's cooked
Add the sauce (if it comes with sauce. if it's a powder then mix the powder into a little water before hand. i've never tried that before though so no clue how well that'll work!)

And if you want to, wilt down some spinach before you add the noodles/eggs! I always love cooking spinach because I find it really funny to watch it shrink lol 
 :chef:

:unite::unite::unite:
Snackish Magpie
Casual Poster ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2023 @440.89 »

I want to like cooking, but it hasn't grabbed me yet! Although I made some lavender biscuits for my friends for Imbolc, and they made my house smell A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! They were almost like gingerbread snaps!
JackFrost
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!BUG!?!Joined 2022!
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2023 @582.20 »

Yesterday i made these fries they’re really yummy. Get the fries in the bag from the frozen food section. Cover them in oil. Mix together chipotle, garlic, everyday seasoning (or just onion powder salt and pepper), along with brown sugar. Mix it together in the fries it’s the best seasoning.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Why do you watch YouTube?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 54
Views: 5084
Last post February 16, 2024 @496.90
by georgemoody
Underappreciated YouTube Channels You Want to Share

Started by GuestBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 47
Views: 3679
Last post March 17, 2024 @568.10
by Melooon
Best Souls-likes

Started by GuestBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 1
Views: 528
Last post March 13, 2023 @454.14
by debleb

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi