Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 28, 2024 - @360.01 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 66/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ➶ ∙ Art Gallery
| | |-+  ⚽︎ ∙ Games Gallery
| | | |-+  Mimosa and the Clocktower - A Gamemaker project

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mimosa and the Clocktower - A Gamemaker project  (Read 33 times)
Historia-Q

Flying past your house

Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« on: April 27, 2024 @855.61 »

(Note: The following is copy pasted from the Toyhouse version of this thread.)

Mimosa and the Clocktower is a project that I’ve been working on since 2022, and is currently in a mix between both concept stage and prototype stage. This game was initially developed to be a Metroidvania, but ultimately changed to an action-adventure platformer with some metroidvanialike mechanics. Most of the items and characters (i.e. Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star and Hickory Dickory Dock) are themed after popular nursery rhymes and theme songs. Right now, I am currently working on making concept art for various mechanics and additional enemies, as well as writing the plot and script for it, but for now I’ll explain what the game has in store.

The story: Mimosa, a baby dragon, hatches out of his egg, only to find himself on the planet of Timesea, where the water is filled with illusions of clocks. While confused at first, he discovers that Dock plans to reach the top of the ancient clocktower, and freeze everyone and everything in Timesea, so in order to stop this from happening, Mimosa starts his journey throughout the planet.
With his ability to triple-jump, age himself to become stronger, and change breathes by eating berries along the way, Mimosa uses these powers to save Timesea from the hands of Dock. However, the clock of fate will know if he’ll ever reach the clocktower…

(Non-copypasted)

I've been meaning to use this forum to show off my game here, so here we are. As I mentioned, it's still under development, but I really appreciate all kinds of input here. This game is being developed through GameMaker, and for it, I mostly follow tutorials or get help from other people.

I'll be using this thread to post any future updates to the game here, but for anyone familiar with the Toyhouse thread, I'll still be posting them there as well. If you wish to stay up to date, feel free to get notified by clicking the notified button below. Have a good day.

Solo dev of Mimosa and the Clocktower. Click on the image above to enter the MATC portal.
Feel free to contact me if it's anything important, but I tend to be busy irl.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Ozwomp's Voyage in Cyberspace - Video Project

Started by MelooonBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 3
Views: 1872
Last post December 06, 2021 @791.33
by Melooon
My new side project: status.cafe

Started by m15oBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 24
Views: 4785
Last post July 28, 2022 @838.01
by Melooon
What does a successful project mean to you?

Started by MelooonBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 7
Views: 2377
Last post December 13, 2021 @810.09
by Cobra!

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi