Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 27, 2024 - @850.43 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 85/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  © ∙ Music Room
| | |-+  Music Alert! - Read me!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Music Alert! - Read me!  (Read 654 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Always My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« on: November 18, 2023 @988.17 »

HELLO! THIS IS AN ALERT!! (A music alert!)

As like me... (that's a weird way to type..) You probably are using YouTube to share songs on the forum! Thats fine YouTube is great for that! BUT Someday it wont be!

YouTube videos are often deleted, delisted or lost - and someday YouTube itself will go offline FORVER! When that happens, the songs you post here will make no sense at all and be lost too!

But there is a better way! When you post a YouTube song, please also include its name and artist (aka the video title) with your video!!

If you do that you song wont be lost, even if the video is!

Like thisssss: (You can use center on the title to make it look nice)

Hampton the Hampster - The Hampsterdance Song

(Go and do that now!)
THAT IS ALL, THANKS![/size]

:ozwomp:  :ozwomp:  :ozwomp:  :ozwomp:  :ha:  :ok:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
myleszey
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Rabbit

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2023 @667.44 »

I'm going to do my best to follow this from now on! Can personally recall some sad moments when a song I was looking for suddenly disappeared off Youtube and I couldn't find what it was to get at it again. Even so, when I need to share a song, sending a Youtube link has been the best option I've found to get someone to actually click on it, since it's one of the few options that reliably embeds into a multitude of platforms (including this forum!).

What other options do we have for music sharing here? Soundcloud embeds don't let you pause and I'm not sure if there are volume controls, Spotify... I haven't tried, but I think it complains if you don't have a premium account, and Bandcamp doesn't embed at all and has no volume control. We might as well be sending direct links to .mp3 files (though that's a possible security issue, I don't know if they embed into the page here, and some browsers just like to download audio files rather than giving a preview).

DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Wanna be like :grin: but instead I'm like :sad:

Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

20% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2023 @730.71 »

Can i send the audio file of a song? Thats probably the best way to increase it's longevity

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

Always My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2023 @743.65 »

Direct file links are definitely supported; here is a full list of supported sites (most untested)

Direct File Embeds: AVI, Ogg, WMV, MOV, Ogm, Webm, MP3, MP4, Ogv, WMA, PDF

Embed Sites:
YouTube
Vimeo
Twitch
DailyMotion
Instagram
Pastebin
NyTimes
PBS
SoundCloud
Ted Talks

I'd try and add Bandcamp, but I think they embedd URLs are too complex for the forum to decode. Adding new sites can be very hit or miss (Iv never gotten it working), these are what came with the forum software!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2023 @750.39 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Icey!
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pro Bug Finder!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2023 @803.01 »

Direct file links are definitely supported; here is a full list of supported sites (most untested)

Direct File Embeds: AVI, Ogg, WMV, MOV, Ogm, Webm, MP3, MP4, Ogv, WMA, PDF

Embed Sites:
YouTube
Vimeo
Twitch
DailyMotion
Instagram
Pastebin
NyTimes
PBS
SoundCloud
Ted Talks

I'd try and add Bandcamp, but I think they embedd URLs are too complex for the forum to decode. Adding new sites can be very hit or miss (Iv never gotten it working), these are what came with the forum software!

I think diffy meant the actual audio file being uploaded to the forum.

:ozwomp: my beloved

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2023 @804.77 »

think diffy meant the actual audio file being uploaded to the forum
You can totally try, but since forum uploads are limited to 600kb it's not the best way to share music :tongue:

GraphiteCore
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Sleepiest thing alive

iMood: GrahpiteCore

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2023 @811.97 »

oh, definitely something to keep in mind yeah! (⊙_⊙)
i should go back and edit some embeds.
i honestly dont know: can bandcamp be used to share songs and music? ive only ever used it a handful of times, i think they also have embeds... (・・ ) ?

Pencil/Graph | they/them | ok with gendered words
DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Wanna be like :grin: but instead I'm like :sad:

Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

20% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2023 @857.21 »

You can totally try, but since forum uploads are limited to 600kb it's not the best way to share music :tongue:

i can host them on my website :3

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Freeware music goodies!

Started by phodicaeBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 5
Views: 2116
Last post February 13, 2022 @285.71
by easy_breezy
Free Hosting for Music - Cybergrunge.net

Started by ellievoyydBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 7
Views: 2062
Last post February 15, 2022 @110.05
by ellievoyyd
READ How to use this board!

Started by MelooonBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 1
Views: 1990
Last post October 28, 2023 @415.46
by BritKnee

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi