Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 18, 2024 - @725.34 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 28/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: :transport: More is More :transport: :4u:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  PICO-8

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: PICO-8  (Read 1072 times)
Memory
« on: January 20, 2024 @416.47 »

[removed by author]
« Last Edit: July 31, 2024 @639.27 by j » Logged
caracalled

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: caracalled

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2024 @565.24 »

Ohhh I keep seeing that name around, wasn't Celeste also originally a pico-8 game? :D

Aseprite also offers a pico-8 color palette I think!! And a while ago I was messing around with picocad which might also be interesting to you, if you don't already know it!

I'd love to see what you make! And please send any game recs you have my way, I'm super curious!

ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Here be dragons

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2024 @464.34 »

Played quite some Pico-8 Games; they usually look wonderful, but some of them played a bit clonky :).
The most intricate PICO-8s I saw till now are those of Johan Peitz, Ascent is really cool: https://johanpeitz.itch.io/ascent

Bakartridge
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2024 @129.94 »

Yeah I've heard of it, it's pretty neat and the games on it can be pretty fun too, but admittedly I'm nowhere near versed enough in programming to make anything on it >.>

Rawr.

BagelCake

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: bagelcake

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2024 @866.68 »

i LOVE pico-8. there's also an emulator for it on things like Vita and 3DS you can check out here.
Celeste started out as a pico-8 game and the SuperHot team also created a mini version for pico-8.

once i start my website i'm making a shrine to all my favorite pico-8 games, enjoy this PicoHot rom. :)
(if you don't already know, this png file is the whole game. open it with pico-8 and off you go!)

Bakartridge
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2024 @160.30 »

i LOVE pico-8. there's also an emulator for it on things like Vita and 3DS you can check out here.
Celeste started out as a pico-8 game and the SuperHot team also created a mini version for pico-8.

once i start my website i'm making a shrine to all my favorite pico-8 games, enjoy this PicoHot rom. :)
(if you don't already know, this png file is the whole game. open it with pico-8 and off you go!)

Checked that out and it's actually pretty damn good, pretty accurate to the actual game.

also the fact that a whole game can be stored in a damn png is really trippy

Rawr.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi