Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 28, 2024 - @47.05 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 84/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  Typing Games?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Typing Games?  (Read 361 times)
Yaya

StatusCafe: yaya

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« on: January 23, 2024 @325.76 »

Hi!!

I remember in elementary, middle, and high school, we were made to (as part of "computer class"). We used these programs/games there was one that was lion king themed and also mavis beacon. I think there was another too!

Have they made new typing games that follow a similar format? Do the old ones still work?

I'd honestly really like to improve typing as a skill but I benefit a lot from a format like the games from childhood.
arsenicCatnip
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Big Big Worm is Wriggling With Glee!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2024 @465.15 »

I went to school in England, and I remember there was a website that my teachers would use to help us learn touch typing. I'll see if I can find the link.

https://toybox.tools.bbc.co.uk/activities/id/activity-dance-mat-typing/exitGameUrl/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fguides%2Fz3c6tfr

This!! I remember utterly HATING this when I was younger. But looking at it now, I think it is wonderful for teaching kids how to type :-)

--ArsenicCatnip :-P
Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2024 @548.63 »

My favourite typing game is Typing of the Dead, hands down! 

There was also a typing game for Initial D

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
litten
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Do what you want forever!

iMood: litten

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2024 @875.09 »

I had a computer class when I was in elementary school and I very vividly remember this typing game where you play as a monkey who jumps up platforms with every letter you type. It's called Keyboard Climber :o)!

xXWebMasterXx_Gina
Casual Poster ⚓︎

I wonder whats for DINNER

View Profile WWW

Tin WhistleJoined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2024 @980.52 »

Oooh! I love typing games! It's speed practice and fun at the same time  :transport:

In terms of the hit or miss world of edutainment games; I grew up with Type To Learn 3.

Functionally, it's your bog standard teaching software with some light game elements in the form of different modes of play. But the game really shined with its unique aesthetic which follows Father Time as he travels through time and space in a flying car. As such, there's also a bit of basic history sprinkled in! This was installed on my school's computers but I also still have my own copy which I got from a catalogue; back when those were still a thing  :ha:

My favourite typing game is Typing of the Dead, hands down! 

As for fun games, I have to agree with Cobra! The Typing of The Dead is really as good as it gets! Though, The Typing of The Dead: Overkill is also a strong follow up. You can even get mods easily on the Steam version which can replace the vocabulary!  It's really the most brilliant way one could make an on-rails shooter enjoyable on PC without the aid of some kind of gun accessory.

I've also got a few typing games that I haven't had a chance to play yet that look interesting! Backspace Bouken
, Epistory - Typing Chronicles and The Textorcist: The Story of Ray Bibbia.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

the era of rpgmaker games

Started by cinniBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 27
Views: 4089
Last post August 16, 2023 @267.22
by Riqo
newgrounds' art games section

Started by DarmodejBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 0
Views: 1167
Last post February 03, 2022 @906.33
by Darmodej
I'm addicted to sandbox games

Started by Icey!Board ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 6
Views: 1538
Last post February 22, 2023 @523.34
by Guest

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi