Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @328.82 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 31/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links
| | |-+  Salty's Lair 3.0 Sneak Peek :0

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Salty's Lair 3.0 Sneak Peek :0  (Read 469 times)
Salty
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Internet Renaissance Woman

StatusCafe: saltedslug
iMood: saltedslug

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« on: January 24, 2024 @129.88 »

:pc:  I've been through about 80 iterations of Salty 3.0, so I feel like it's more like v3.8.2, but I think I've finally settled on a design. I don't want to talk about how many hours I have poured into the interface design alone on my wife's iPad, not to mention days of toiling over the CSS and overall design. I might write up an article on the creative process of it all some day, but for now, here's a sneak peek of what the home page looks like. It's chock full of CSS animations, techno-babble Y2K floating/glowing bits, and so much mid-2000s Flash nostalgia! I hope y'all like what you see so far.  :transport:

The scanlines look a bit goofy in the preview image, so if you wanna see it in HD then right-click and open the image in a new tab.

My goal is to have the new design launched a WEEK from today. Unfortunately I have not made it responsive yet, which I know a lot of you despise, but give me a break! This is a mid-2000s callback, we didn't have phones back then.  :grin: Seriously, though, I really am gonna make a mobile version within the coming months. That's just a royal pain, and I'm not quite prepared yet.  :cool:

Cheers to y'all  :4u:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2024 @136.00 by Salty » Logged

DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I FOUND A PONEH

Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Bred :320% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2024 @143.22 »

Wooooahhh i love the design! It's super duper cool! It's kinda like the pip-boy from fallout

krish
Casual Poster ⚓︎

The People's Princess ♡

Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2024 @172.70 »

Looking awesome! I have a soft spot for layouts with custom drawn assets.

Salty
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Internet Renaissance Woman

StatusCafe: saltedslug
iMood: saltedslug

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2024 @214.84 »

Wooooahhh i love the design! It's super duper cool! It's kinda like the pip-boy from fallout

I think I definitely subconsciously took some inspiration from Fallout. FO 1/2 are forever ingrained in my childhood brain!

Looking awesome! I have a soft spot for layouts with custom drawn assets.

Me too! That's why I really tried extra hard on this one. I don't really like drawing honestly, but feeling someone else's assets for the main interface just felt wrong. I seriously redrew it like 5 or 6 times over the course of 3/4 months  :ohdear:

J. Soda
Casual Poster

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2024 @225.98 »

That's so so cool!!! I love the interface look and all the green goop, love me some green goop :) I'll make sure to keep an eye out for your site!

⋆。°✩ :loved: Love is underrated, actually :loved: ⋆。°✩
Paprika
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!the one and only paprika!Giver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2024 @359.55 »

Woooooow !! Incredible !!

I love the art style and color choice ! The y2k flash games era is easy to recognize, I'm impressed ! Keep going  :cheerR:
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi