Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 12, 2024 - @520.73 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 63/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ➶ ∙ Art Gallery
| | |-+  was bored; made zine

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: was bored; made zine  (Read 515 times)
CATBYTE
Casual Poster ⚓︎

cat’s out of the bag!

iMood: catbyte
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: January 24, 2024 @272.87 »

title is pretty self explanatory but i wanted to share my latest zine with you all!
i finally got around to making an idea i've been holding onto for a while! it's my second published zine! i've been having a lot of fun playing with electric zine maker!

the zine is about my iphone, data and closure.
it's quite brief so i might pick it up again for further exploration in the future.
you can read it here!
my first published zine is also on my itch profile if you're interested! it's $1 though.

meow!
Salty
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Internet Renaissance Woman

StatusCafe: saltedslug
iMood: saltedslug

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2024 @321.10 »

I absolutely love this! Simple and effective, and I love your art style. Also I had no idea that Itch had an e-reader function!! The more you know  :ozwomp:

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2024 @487.84 »

This is a very sweet zine, I weirdly never considered anyone else noticed things like this... removing old connections sometimes feels like betraying a memory, but then they stick around far too long and its a big relief when you finally can let them go but its still sad too :ohdear:

Printed a copy for my zine pile!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2024 @495.10 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
slimeteefs
Casual Poster

👻it/he/they🦷

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2024 @609.39 »

I love zines! And I hadn't seen electric zine maker before, might mess with it too ^^ I always get really weird about deleting things for the last time. Those artifacts mess you up though!

:dunno:
Yaya
Jr. Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: yaya

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2024 @617.08 »

Printing Now!!
krish
Casual Poster ⚓︎

The People's Princess ♡

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2024 @783.45 »

Had a lovely time reading this  :4u: Thank you for sharing!

CATBYTE
Casual Poster ⚓︎

cat’s out of the bag!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2024 @992.50 »

thank you to everyone who checked out the zine! i'm glad people were able to enjoy it!

... Also I had no idea that Itch had an e-reader function!! The more you know  :ozwomp:
i don't believe itch natively has an e-reader, what i used was a specific tool for electric zine maker that can be found here!

This is a very sweet zine, I weirdly never considered anyone else noticed things like this... removing old connections sometimes feels like betraying a memory, but then they stick around far too long and its a big relief when you finally can let them go but its still sad too :ohdear:

Printed a copy for my zine pile!

aaa so cool seeing it in print! since i finished it late last night i haven't had the opportunity to print a copy for myself yet! also yellow's my favorite color!

meow!
foxmosis
Casual Poster

thought about making my name on here twofrogs but

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2024 @653.63 »

whoa this is awesome i had no idea digital zines were a thing

I also like it when people make stuff that discusses very digital age things because it's so common but yet doesn't feel discussed all too much.  Tasty stuff, I dug that!

CATBYTE
Casual Poster ⚓︎

cat’s out of the bag!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2024 @173.37 »

whoa this is awesome i had no idea digital zines were a thing

I also like it when people make stuff that discusses very digital age things because it's so common but yet doesn't feel discussed all too much.  Tasty stuff, I dug that!
a bit of a late response but thank you!

it's a subject i have a lot of interest in!

-

also while i'm here i added the e-reader to my other zine! it was the first zine i made with electric zine maker and it's about my vr headset. if you enjoyed this zine you might enjoy it too!

meow!
grubbyfox
Full Member ⚓︎

forever in 2006

iMood: grubbyfox

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2024 @675.03 »

oh that is so cute and unique! you made me feel a type of way with this little zine, lol. good work with it!  :transport:
will you be making more?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024 @425.67 by grubbyfox » Logged

Scootarooni

StatusCafe: scootarooni
iMood: scootarooni

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2024 @836.18 »

I really enjoyed it! I can get so melancholic about digital memories, mainly when it comes to internet friendships. Even though I havent talked to them in years, I can't find it in myself to delete their messages or remove them from my friends list on my 3DS or animal crossing OTL

CATBYTE
Casual Poster ⚓︎

cat’s out of the bag!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2024 @3.47 »

oh that is so cute and unique! you made me feel a type of way with this little zine, lol. good work with it!  :transport:
will you be making more?
thank you!
and yes! i actually currently have one finished that's been sitting around on my desktop until i find some time to publish it! i'll probably post about it once it's live on my itch.io page  :dive:

I really enjoyed it! I can get so melancholic about digital memories, mainly when it comes to internet friendships. Even though I havent talked to them in years, I can't find it in myself to delete their messages or remove them from my friends list on my 3DS or animal crossing OTL
thank you!
friend lists have become a sort of time capsule with feelings for me too. i feel it's just the natural conclusion of accumulating multiple accounts over the years, but i'd describe it as a bittersweet experience a lot of the time for sure. it's something i think about a lot, particularly with my love of virtual worlds.

meow!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Yesterweb Zine - Issue 02 - Websites as an Act of Creativity - OUT NOW!!

Started by sadnessBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 4
Views: 1486
Last post April 27, 2022 @745.66
by Dojidave
Weird/surreal 3d environment i made

Started by ellievoyydBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 3
Views: 1841
Last post September 22, 2022 @593.21
by SGTCharlynne
Zines and Zine Making!

Started by MelooonBoard ✑ ∙ Writers Corner

Replies: 20
Views: 2254
Last post July 15, 2023 @634.75
by shevek

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi