Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @338.97 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 32/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ➶ ∙ Art Gallery
| | |-+  was bored; made zine

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: was bored; made zine  (Read 1229 times)
CATBYTE
Casual Poster ⚓︎

cat’s out of the bag!

iMood: catbyte
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: January 24, 2024 @272.87 »

title is pretty self explanatory but i wanted to share my latest zine with you all!
i finally got around to making an idea i've been holding onto for a while! it's my second published zine! i've been having a lot of fun playing with electric zine maker!

the zine is about my iphone, data and closure.
it's quite brief so i might pick it up again for further exploration in the future.
you can read it here!

edit: more zines!
you can view the first zine i published here. it's about my oculus rift s headset.
and my newest one here!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024 @43.69 by CATBYTE » Logged

they/them
Salty
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Internet Renaissance Woman

StatusCafe: saltedslug
iMood: saltedslug

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2024 @321.10 »

I absolutely love this! Simple and effective, and I love your art style. Also I had no idea that Itch had an e-reader function!! The more you know  :ozwomp:

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2024 @487.84 »

This is a very sweet zine, I weirdly never considered anyone else noticed things like this... removing old connections sometimes feels like betraying a memory, but then they stick around far too long and its a big relief when you finally can let them go but its still sad too :ohdear:

Printed a copy for my zine pile!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2024 @495.10 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
slimeteefs
Casual Poster

👻it/he/they🦷

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2024 @609.39 »

I love zines! And I hadn't seen electric zine maker before, might mess with it too ^^ I always get really weird about deleting things for the last time. Those artifacts mess you up though!

:dunno:
Yaya

StatusCafe: yaya

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2024 @617.08 »

Printing Now!!
krish
Casual Poster ⚓︎

The People's Princess ♡

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2024 @783.45 »

Had a lovely time reading this  :4u: Thank you for sharing!

CATBYTE
Casual Poster ⚓︎

cat’s out of the bag!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2024 @992.50 »

thank you to everyone who checked out the zine! i'm glad people were able to enjoy it!

... Also I had no idea that Itch had an e-reader function!! The more you know  :ozwomp:
i don't believe itch natively has an e-reader, what i used was a specific tool for electric zine maker that can be found here!

This is a very sweet zine, I weirdly never considered anyone else noticed things like this... removing old connections sometimes feels like betraying a memory, but then they stick around far too long and its a big relief when you finally can let them go but its still sad too :ohdear:

Printed a copy for my zine pile!

aaa so cool seeing it in print! since i finished it late last night i haven't had the opportunity to print a copy for myself yet! also yellow's my favorite color!

they/them
foxmosis
Casual Poster

thought about making my name on here twofrogs but

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2024 @653.63 »

whoa this is awesome i had no idea digital zines were a thing

I also like it when people make stuff that discusses very digital age things because it's so common but yet doesn't feel discussed all too much.  Tasty stuff, I dug that!

CATBYTE
Casual Poster ⚓︎

cat’s out of the bag!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2024 @173.37 »

whoa this is awesome i had no idea digital zines were a thing

I also like it when people make stuff that discusses very digital age things because it's so common but yet doesn't feel discussed all too much.  Tasty stuff, I dug that!
a bit of a late response but thank you!

it's a subject i have a lot of interest in!

-

also while i'm here i added the e-reader to my other zine! it was the first zine i made with electric zine maker and it's about my vr headset. if you enjoyed this zine you might enjoy it too!

they/them
grubbyfox
Full Member ⚓︎

forever in 2006

iMood: grubbyfox

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2024 @675.03 »

oh that is so cute and unique! you made me feel a type of way with this little zine, lol. good work with it!  :transport:
will you be making more?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024 @425.67 by grubbyfox » Logged

Scootarooni
Jr. Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: scootarooni
iMood: scootarooni

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2024 @836.18 »

I really enjoyed it! I can get so melancholic about digital memories, mainly when it comes to internet friendships. Even though I havent talked to them in years, I can't find it in myself to delete their messages or remove them from my friends list on my 3DS or animal crossing OTL

CATBYTE
Casual Poster ⚓︎

cat’s out of the bag!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2024 @3.47 »

oh that is so cute and unique! you made me feel a type of way with this little zine, lol. good work with it!  :transport:
will you be making more?
thank you!
and yes! i actually currently have one finished that's been sitting around on my desktop until i find some time to publish it! i'll probably post about it once it's live on my itch.io page  :dive:

I really enjoyed it! I can get so melancholic about digital memories, mainly when it comes to internet friendships. Even though I havent talked to them in years, I can't find it in myself to delete their messages or remove them from my friends list on my 3DS or animal crossing OTL
thank you!
friend lists have become a sort of time capsule with feelings for me too. i feel it's just the natural conclusion of accumulating multiple accounts over the years, but i'd describe it as a bittersweet experience a lot of the time for sure. it's something i think about a lot, particularly with my love of virtual worlds.

they/them
CATBYTE
Casual Poster ⚓︎

cat’s out of the bag!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2024 @41.85 »

i made another one
you can read it here! this one is a bit more loosely written, but if you enjoyed one of the previous zines i've published you may like this one!

i actually finished it in march but due to a mixture of procrastination and life getting in the way i've only gotten to publishing it... about 10 minutes ago. i'm happy to finally be able to share it!

they/them
Icey!
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Any/All

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pro Bug Finder!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2024 @117.20 »

i made another one
you can read it here! this one is a bit more loosely written, but if you enjoyed one of the previous zines i've published you may like this one!

i actually finished it in march but due to a mixture of procrastination and life getting in the way i've only gotten to publishing it... about 10 minutes ago. i'm happy to finally be able to share it!

Spoiler
I like the message implied here, there exists a lot of my childhood on many online games that have been lost to time, I would also like to have an archive of my past.
[close]

This was a cute read. :4u:

:ozwomp: my beloved

CATBYTE
Casual Poster ⚓︎

cat’s out of the bag!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2024 @937.95 »

Spoiler
I like the message implied here, there exists a lot of my childhood on many online games that have been lost to time, I would also like to have an archive of my past.
[close]

This was a cute read. :4u:

thank you!  :ha:

they/them
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Yesterweb Zine - Issue 02 - Websites as an Act of Creativity - OUT NOW!!

Started by sadnessBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 4
Views: 1736
Last post April 27, 2022 @745.66
by Dojidave
Weird/surreal 3d environment i made

Started by ellievoyydBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 3
Views: 2213
Last post September 22, 2022 @593.21
by SGTCharlynne
Zines and Zine Making!

Started by MelooonBoard ✑ ∙ Writing & Stationery

Replies: 21
Views: 2753
Last post May 26, 2024 @679.62
by clowdywings

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi