Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @177.92 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 28/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  Heyo!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Heyo!  (Read 414 times)
Memory
« on: January 28, 2024 @179.49 »

My name is Melvian, and I make typefaces, short character animations and sometimes software. And sometimes other random stuff. And I'm building a website to host all of that. I would already have done it without the discovery of the independent web movement, but since that exists and it's worth being explicitly part of, might as well!

I'm not really a fan of anything that has a franchise or universe, and my interests are rather specialized and I don't really know anyone else who has them. So, as a consequence, I'm usually pretty bad at socializing and really bad at making friends but I just have to keep trying. I have noticed personally that I tend to do better in forums than on chat servers, so at least there's that.

Also I have an early version of my website here if you want a slightly better taste of who I am: https://alpha.melvian.xyz/

Well, I guess that's pretty much it for now! I'm curious to see how my time here goes!
DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I FOUND A PONEH

Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Bred :320% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2024 @184.57 »

Oh cool its awesome to have a typist here, maybe you can help the novice bookmakers here! But tbh calligraphy is better LOLSPASM XD im joking
i have many fonts on my pc, i can send u some if u wanna see some lol
hope you have a good time here ^^

Memory
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2024 @202.53 »

Thanks!

To potentially make things a little bit clearer, while I do make an effort to be a good typographer (a user of fonts), I'm more of a type designer; that is, the kind of person responsible for creating the look of the individual letters and creating the font files themselves. Making fonts and using fonts are two totally different actions. (It's hard for most people to distinguish the two.)

Where do you get your fonts?
DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I FOUND A PONEH

Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Bred :320% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2024 @205.98 »

Where do you get your fonts?

i was just looking for fonts for another language and I found them online, i could always send them if u wanna see them

Memory
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2024 @210.09 »

It's up to you. I personally have my own places to search for fonts, mainly for inspiration rather than buying them.
Paprika
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!the one and only paprika!Giver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2024 @821.99 »

Welcome to the MelonLand forums ! We"re all friends here ! Typefaces ? quite unusual !
Memory
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2024 @5.64 »

Welcome to the MelonLand forums ! We"re all friends here ! Typefaces ? quite unusual !

Thanks! Yep, typefaces! Have been making them actively since 2020. I feel like type design is right in that weird spot where it's definitely becoming more common but it's still a very "niche" thing.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi