Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @191.82 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 28/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  What's your favourite dinosaur?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What's your favourite dinosaur?  (Read 1228 times)
skullmadeofplastic
Newbie ⚓︎

the ipod brothers volumeup and playbutton

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« on: February 07, 2024 @7.75 »

Recently I've returned to a very common childhood interest - dinosaurs. Learning about them more in depth has been so fun. Now that I'm older I can really admire the scientific achievements involved in researching them. The way just bones and some other fossilized artifacts (eggs, plants, etc) can tell us so much fills me with some sort of deep joy lol. Humans are just professional puzzle solvers, always piecing stuff together. I think that is AWESOME!

As most kids were, I was pretty enthralled by the carnivores, most notably spinosaurus. But now without a doubt, my favourite is the parasaurolophus.. All the ornithischians (plated/horned animals like stegosaurus, triceratops, pachycepholus, ankylosaur, etc) are easily my favourite group.

Look at these guys!!! Their heads are SO cool - That's my favourite thing about dinosaurs. Their bodies are formed so differently to modern animals. It feels like if a 5 year old designed an animal; They have insane head shapes, spikes and plates and horns, and they're HUGE!

As a furry I couldn't resist making my own dinosaur designs, although likely much more brightly coloured than they really were! Who knows though, birds have some intense colouring, maybe dinos did too :)

DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I FOUND A PONEH

Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Bred :320% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2024 @12.62 »

omg i love that art u made! i dont really have a favorite dinosaur but it would have to be the fluffiest one to be my favorite
have you ever seen joann raptorgirl? her vids are pretty cool

Karin
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2024 @476.03 »

Hah, we're the same. As soon as I read the title I thought "Parasaurolophus, and pretty much all the others with weird heads" :grin:
I also love modern animals with horns and antlers, so I guess I have a thing for spiky heads.

Your art is super cute! The colour schemes on the Triceratops and Parasaurolophus are really nice!

Seraphim
Casual Poster

It's dangerous to go alone! Take this.

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2024 @304.91 »

I don't know why in particular, but ankylosaurus has always appealed to me! There's something funny and charming about a big monster with a hammer for a tail.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024 @438.21 by Seraphim » Logged

:drat:
Gans

Scrap Vulture

View Profile

First 1000 Members!€100 IRC InvestmentJoined 2022!
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2024 @540.30 »

Some marine creatures:

Henodus

As a kid, I mistook this exact image of Henodus as a mushroom with arms. Played too much "Tonic Trouble" certainly.

Liopleurodon

Look at this snout. "I crush you!" it says. In my favourite dino quartett, "Lilo" (needed a nickname for this complicated name) was pictured from below, looking like a huge shadow against the sea surface. It was one of the most powerful cards in the game.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2024 @578.17 »

Liopleurodon
Yess this is a wise choice! They make sharks look like weenies!

Im not sure if it's my favourite, but I've always been fascinated/disturbed by huge flying dinosaurs like Ornithocheirus and Tropeognathus ever since this episode of Walking with Dinosaurs! I used to be worried they were chasing me around the house behind my head when I was 7 and I still don't trust chicken...

Other than this Im prob boring and am always impressed by the big ones with the long necks and T-Rex's, even if they have silly little arms  :drat:

The Playstation demo disc T.Rex was super disturbing when I was little! The way he comes out of that darkness and the music  :dl:

There's also a great in London Natural History Museum.

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
plasticseaslug
Casual Poster

plastic animals in cellophane waters. | he/it

iMood: plasticseaslug

View Profile

Blue Man In The Clothes Dryer Award (?)Joined 2024!
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2024 @236.08 »

ornithischians are so cool!! i'm partial to the yi qi, because they remind me of tiny dragons, but stegosauruses remind me of my boyfriend. by the way, your art is absolutely amazing!!  :4u:  :transport:

plasticseaslug
Casual Poster

plastic animals in cellophane waters. | he/it

iMood: plasticseaslug

View Profile

Blue Man In The Clothes Dryer Award (?)Joined 2024!
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2024 @236.91 »

Some marine creatures:

Henodus

As a kid, I mistook this exact image of Henodus as a mushroom with arms. Played too much "Tonic Trouble" certainly.

Liopleurodon

Look at this snout. "I crush you!" it says. In my favourite dino quartett, "Lilo" (needed a nickname for this complicated name) was pictured from below, looking like a huge shadow against the sea surface. It was one of the most powerful cards in the game.

marine creatures are amazing!! they deserve more attention.

Grimlock
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Harley | He/they |

StatusCafe: dinosaur
iMood: Grimlock

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2024 @391.76 »

mine is utahraptor but one of my favorite recontructions is this one wikipedia uses for ichthyovenator! the artist even posted the evolution of it on twitter. It's neat to see our understanding of them evolve :-)

BUTCHBONEZ
Full Member ⚓︎

certified analog horror junkie

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!Local GothJoined 2024!
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2024 @170.80 »

I love the art so much !! :dl:  My favorite Dinosaur is probably the pterodactyl. I don't know why I just love them :ha:  :ha:

heres a my favorite picture just because :3 

« Last Edit: April 27, 2024 @176.01 by BUTCHBONEZ » Logged

you are safe here, traveler

HY / XE / FANG
Semper
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Lurking and learning

StatusCafe: semper

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2024 @36.34 »

When I was a kid I loved Plesiosaurus, but in the past couple of years I learned about Tenontosaurus from the computer game The Isle and fell in love with its in-game design. I think they made it look really cool, especially with how they accentuated how its tail is much longer than the rest of its body, and how much of a weapon that tail can be. I also like its overall bone structure. Even though its arguably a quadrupedal dino I can see some of the avian characteristics in how its back legs and tail are positioned. I also like how it looks pretty much like a generic dinosaur. Nothing all that distinguishing besides its HUGE TAIL.

(The image I have attached is concept art from the computer game The Isle)

* Tenontosaurus.png (320.71 kB, 1000x560 - viewed 8 times.)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2024 @729.68 by Semper » Logged

Feel free to climb the tree
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

What's your favourite mobile game?

Started by NeonriserBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 35
Views: 6187
Last post March 22, 2024 @293.21
by georgemoody
Your favourite gaming platform of all time (all time!)

Started by MemoryBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 15
Views: 2490
Last post November 16, 2023 @124.12
by mahoroa
Your Favourite "Dead" Sites

Started by MemoryBoard ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving

Replies: 20
Views: 2405
Last post October 12, 2023 @613.44
by myleszey

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi