Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 27, 2024 - @844.03 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 84/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  What is a shift in subject or a falling-out-of-character?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What is a shift in subject or a falling-out-of-character?  (Read 141 times)
Lenormai
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« on: February 20, 2024 @840.79 »

Hey y'all!
I am a painter currently dealing with the depiction of a falling out of character, or Ver-rückt-heit :tnt: and trying to do research on this topic through an open forum approach, as it also touches on mental wellbeing and other issues and can vary so much in experiences!
Thus, I would love to have an exchange with you here, in this somewhat familiar format! :pc:

So, I've been thinking on how to visualize this slippage which, being caught by a glance, may need to be recognized as such by others? Thinking along the concept of performativity, what is the difference between a bad actor and from someone who simply finds themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time as an Other?
Actually, what is a falling out of character? What memories do you have? What does it look and feel like?
What space can self-efficacy take in that stage-like flatness? Is it madness or testing the ropes of social relations? Does it require observational distance or does it touch on things a lot closer than one would like?

Luckily, I am able to conduct all this from the safety of a residency in Denmark and with the support of a Museum, which deals with this magical local artist: Ovartaci, whose life(/ves) and magical flammenmensker thinking is inspiring and who most importantly of all kind of managed to reconcile themselves with their psychosis through their artistic reliving of their "reincarnations"? (Ovartaci is fascinating I know it sounds wild, but they are a lot!) What do the relations between trauma and Verrücktheit (madness, in German it literally means displacement or shift as in shifting of chairs) look like?

But as a painter I always ask myself which images need to be unveiled and which ones are not quite right or important. So with increasing social and technological control where can a falling out of character occur? Maybe in avatars? Between the lines of Hypertext? In online role plays that play on a different life?
What do you think? What is the important image in all this? Where does subjectivity live?

I apologize for this still being a slightly confused introduction and very much am looking forward to be in conversation with the amazing community out here at Melonland!
As you can see I am very excited about all this so please feel free to ask any questions or go with any thread of thought that you have!

Thank you all and lots of love <3

-_O_-
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Whats your life like? (Time Capsule Thread)

Started by MelooonBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 35
Views: 3225
Last post April 10, 2024 @598.32
by Misanthropic Monster™
Whats the best thing you've ever bought?

Started by JackFrostBoard ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 17
Views: 1344
Last post August 30, 2023 @895.19
by Scootarooni
Whats you're favourite type of filing cabinet handle?

Started by MelooonBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 10
Views: 483
Last post June 15, 2023 @116.72
by grovyle

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi