Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 25, 2024 - @559.27 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 41/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  © ∙ Music Room
| | |-+  Your favorate modern game soundtracks?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Your favorate modern game soundtracks?  (Read 3166 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« on: April 16, 2022 @743.22 »

Recently Iv been listening to The Wild At Heart soundtrack a lot, its got a super swooshy synth sound that I like at lot!

A slightly older one I really enjoyed was the Child of Light soundtrack:

What are some modern game soundtracks you enjoy?

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Karius
Casual Poster

He/they

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2022 @783.23 »

Oof, it's hard not flooding this topic with replies...

The OST for the Splatoon series would be my top pick- especially the second one!
Minecraft also has excellent music.

As for indie titles, I love the Hypnospace Outlaw OST. Oh, and I recently discovered the Demon Turf series, great jams there as well!

neoratz
Jr. Member ⚓︎

ଘ(+ ໖_໖) tastes funny

iMood: neoratz

View Profile WWW

Won the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2022 @993.66 »

i agree with karius, splatoon's soundtrack just gets better and better with each addition! i'm really looking forward to the music of splatoon 3. it's already sounding good! one of my favorite songs is entropical. i love the ingame lore for this band too... they use a vocal synth based on recordings of extinct humans!?

i promised i'm not alone in heaven... ˖˚
pancito
Casual Poster

any pronouns for me!

iMood: 800cherries

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2022 @80.28 »

The hylics soundtrack was made by some guy with guitars, synths and dreams and it's the best thing ever :grin:

Also, japanese breakfast did an amazing soundtrack for sable, really nice ambient that makes me feel like a merchant living in the middle of the desert.

☆゚°˖* ٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2022 @531.64 »

I cant remember If I posted about it somewhere, but Iv really been enjoying Sable recently, I think I teared up a little when that opening song came up :tongue:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
pleb-hates-the-modern-web
Casual Poster

is this thing on?

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2022 @10.98 »

journey's soundtrack has always been one of my very favorites
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022 @14.42 by pleb-hates-the-modern-web » Logged
NacreousDreams
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Rockin' at the Dance of Exis

iMood: Eldridge_Jameson

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2022 @790.45 »

As for indie titles, I love the Hypnospace Outlaw OST. Oh, and I recently discovered the Demon Turf series, great jams there as well!

Oh man, Hypnospace Outlaw's got really good music! I like how, if you buy the OST, some of the in-game musicians are given a separate "album" with a unique cover. The Splatoon series has album covers for its artists, and out-of-game lore you can read about online. I love it when games do that. You know the devs love music when they go that far. ('u':wink:

OMORI's got a lot of really good songs in there, and it's got plenty to offer. I find myself listening to it in a variety of contexts, whether I'm wanting some upbeat music to do chores to, or when I want to vibe out while writing something dramatic or tense. That level of versatility and quality is very impressive. One of my favorite tracks, "Snow Forest - A Single Flower Blooms", is a great example of the game's calm atmosphere.

Kitchen Staff
Casual Poster ⚓︎

He/they/glitch

iMood: KitchenStaff

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2022 @918.92 »

My favourite video game soundtrack is the OST for Gravity Rush.I especially like the lyrical songs.

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2022 @102.01 »

Is Mass Effect still considered modern? Probably not, but I love the Blade Runner-esque vibes of the music. I actually owned the soundtrack years before I owned the game. Plus, "M4 Pt. 2" is by a band from Edmonton so it has the home team advantage.

I've been wracking my brain trying to think of a more recent game soundtrack that I like, but the best I can come up with is the soundtracks for Bastion and Transistor. They're still not very recent, but the music is amazing.

Portal 2: the part where he kills you

Portal 2 is the reason why "Exile Vilify" by The National was one of the first songs I learned on piano. Now if only I could play and sing at the same time.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2022 @104.98 by MamboGator » Logged
Oppositekeith
Casual Poster

dont careful with that axe eugene

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2022 @328.95 »

Skullgirls OST by a long shot

TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2022 @707.67 »

Oh man, there are so many. Here's one I always recommend when the subject comes up, though: if you're into jazz/funk, the de Blob soundtracks are just the best:

sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

iMood: sigmatic

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Certified chocoboGoose!Joined 2022!
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2022 @15.16 »

One of the more memorable soundtracks to me in the past year is definitely the Shin Megami Tensei V OST, with incredibly atmospheric music all around. Here's the main battle theme:

I also really like the sorrowful Tokyo theme this game has, immediately went :ozwomp: when I heard it for the first time:

Another of the many battle tracks:

There's countless more tracks I could recommend but then this post would be much, much longer than it already is lol

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
Hectic Electric

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2022 @253.37 »

shit i legit have no idea. Sonic Mania?

thesolitarygamer
Full Member ⚓︎

why do they call it oven

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2023 @434.99 »

WingsOfImagination

Beauty Serene Arrow!

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2023 @726.45 »

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

MelonEngine - Mini Three.js Game Engine

Started by MelooonBoard ⁇ ∙ Tutorials

Replies: 1
Views: 1701
Last post February 22, 2022 @261.66
by ellievoyyd
°˖ ✧-:game assets:・゚✧

Started by cinniBoard ✎ ∙ Art Crafting

Replies: 1
Views: 1849
Last post November 23, 2021 @816.09
by Neonriser
What's your favourite mobile game?

Started by NeonriserBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 35
Views: 4198
Last post March 22, 2024 @293.21
by georgemoody

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi