Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 08 Oct 2026 - @994.06
Forum Activity: Three Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy: Guild Events: TIME FOR HALLOWEEN CRAFTS!
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Da Web Revival
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  Website Structure Visualization


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Website Structure Visualization  (Read 2696 times)
brisray
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
RocketmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: Spring, 03 Mar 2024 @859 » Embed

What usually drives my site redesigns is making the pages easier for visitors to find the various pages. Recently I've been thinking about website structure visualization and a comment by Yaha in the thread about Swatch Time reminded me of this.

Unless someone knows differently there are not many ways of doing this that look good, but here's some I know of:

Indented list - Something that I use for my own sitemap

Org Chart or Family Tree. These don't have to be done programmatically. The family tree I made was done using the free Dia drawing program

Linked scatter, bubble or sunburst graph - There's a lot of these around but a nice one can be seen on GitHub which needs Python installed.

Treemap

Useful tools for creating your own are site crawling tools like the one from Screaming Frog but I use the absolutely ancient Xenu Link Sleuth. These do not produce the graphs, but produce tables that show which pages link to the other pages.

mmm - I feel another new page for my own site should be made.

« Last Edit: Spring, 03 Mar 2024 @861 by brisray » Logged
IndigoGolem
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


What's personal text?
⛺︎ My Room
RSS: RSS
OS: Debian

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
squeezed gentlyVisited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!I got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!Joined 2025!
« Reply #1 on: Summer, 19 Aug 2025 @842 » Embed

My site currently isn't very organized. I had plans at one point to arrange all the main pages (everything linked from the index) as CSS-animated planets moving around a sun that was a text-only list of links. The planets would link to renders of 3D scenes with links to smaller pages. I still have the pages i did this to up on my site (i'm changing how i link to my site so you have to find the page yourself). Not very practical, but it was fun to do on a small scale.

« Last Edit: Spring, 28 Mar 2026 @705 by IndigoGolem » Logged

-Indigo, Anve Ozo

Artifact Swap: Spiritual Stone of Firee  unus, pluriumMelonPaintMick Jagger's mouthPuzzlingCreampuffNoidThe Wizards Orb2 coinsThe fingerGold OreOdd Creaturesnail buddy
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe