Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 28, 2024 - @292.30 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 66/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  well, hello there!!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: well, hello there!!  (Read 147 times)
onemuri
Newbie ⚓︎

Pro Runescaper

Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« on: March 14, 2024 @911.25 »

hello! i got finally accepted here!

you can call me justin or onemuri. i am a random guy who's been online since 2008ish! i maintain a personal website over here! i host my artwork and some writing there.

besides that, i maintain 2 projects: a Fediverse node/community for transgender men and transmasculine people running on Akkoma software over there and a pet adoption/web clique website here

i mainly daily drive both Windows 11 and Windows XP, i do not like Linux and hate people who try to push it onto me  :grin: let's respect our choices!

as a personal note, i myself am transgender, own a cute orange kitty and usually play video games on my Nintendo Wii or 3DS! my favorite music genre is rock or anything that is upbeat. my favorite song currently is In the End by Linkin Park

looking forward to meet you all! i will answer most of your questions  :ozwomp: i love meeting people from all around the world  :happy:
Bone-A Lisa
Newbie ⚓︎

Feelin' Spooky

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2024 @922.73 »

Hello!

I am also new, nice to meet ya! I really dig your website! Can I ask, how did you get your last.fm latest track on there? I would love to be able to do something like that on my site, considering I track all my listens on there, lol.

Also, awesome to see you're on the fed, I've considered running my own instance for my friends, but the overhead of Mastodon just doesn't seem worth it lol. Is Akkoma any easier to host from a maintenance / setup perspective?

onemuri
Newbie ⚓︎

Pro Runescaper

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2024 @949.58 »

Hello!

I am also new, nice to meet ya! I really dig your website! Can I ask, how did you get your last.fm latest track on there? I would love to be able to do something like that on my site, considering I track all my listens on there, lol.

Also, awesome to see you're on the fed, I've considered running my own instance for my friends, but the overhead of Mastodon just doesn't seem worth it lol. Is Akkoma any easier to host from a maintenance / setup perspective?

i used this guide and then kinda personalized the widget  :ok: you might need some adjustments though

i will say, the current instance is not managed by me in the technical sense (i do community moderation), but when i was setting up single-user instances i found Akkoma to be more lightweight and easier to manage than Mastodon (no need to use SSH to change something as simple as character limit)

in many ways Akkoma is better than Mastodon (again, it's lightweight; but also users can make their own themes as they please, there are more diverse moderation tools than on Mastodon, it has emoji reactions which isn't a feature on stock Mastodon and is only about to be introduced in its most famous fork and i personally find the UI better and more aligned with the "old web" if you are into that sort of thing)

but one thing Akkoma suffers from is that there can be incidents of "database rot" which is why users are extra recommended to make backups and stuff so the instance doesn't die beyond recovery. overall it's the best option IMO because it helps defeating the monopoly Mastodon holds over the SNS parts of Fediverse and also isn't ignorant of users with low-spec hardware (which is something Misskey and its forks are guilty of, I can't use it without my computer fans turning into a jet engine)
Phoenix
Casual Poster

View Profile

mail buddyJoined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2024 @964.63 »

hello! i got finally accepted here!

you can call me justin or onemuri. i am a random guy who's been online since 2008ish! i maintain a personal website over here! i host my artwork and some writing there.

besides that, i maintain 2 projects: a Fediverse node/community for transgender men and transmasculine people running on Akkoma software over there and a pet adoption/web clique website here

i mainly daily drive both Windows 11 and Windows XP, i do not like Linux and hate people who try to push it onto me  :grin: let's respect our choices!

as a personal note, i myself am transgender, own a cute orange kitty and usually play video games on my Nintendo Wii or 3DS! my favorite music genre is rock or anything that is upbeat. my favorite song currently is In the End by Linkin Park

looking forward to meet you all! i will answer most of your questions  :ozwomp: i love meeting people from all around the world  :happy:
Windows XP  :omg:  :pc:

"My Flames may flicker, but they Shall never die!"
Bone-A Lisa
Newbie ⚓︎

Feelin' Spooky

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2024 @971.98 »

i used this guide and then kinda personalized the widget  :ok: you might need some adjustments though

This is awesome! I will definitely be sniping this for my site, thanks! :ozwomp:

in many ways Akkoma is better than Mastodon (again, it's lightweight; but also users can make their own themes as they please, there are more diverse moderation tools than on Mastodon, it has emoji reactions which isn't a feature on stock Mastodon and is only about to be introduced in its most famous fork and i personally find the UI better and more aligned with the "old web" if you are into that sort of thing)

but one thing Akkoma suffers from is that there can be incidents of "database rot" which is why users are extra recommended to make backups and stuff so the instance doesn't die beyond recovery. overall it's the best option IMO because it helps defeating the monopoly Mastodon holds over the SNS parts of Fediverse and also isn't ignorant of users with low-spec hardware (which is something Misskey and its forks are guilty of, I can't use it without my computer fans turning into a jet engine)

I've heard a bit about Akkoma, but never seem much of it. I do really like the idea of custom themes, especially for an instance among friends. I might give it a shot.

I feel you on the Misskey stuff lol. My instance uses Iceshrimp, which I do like, but boy howdy does it struggle to run smooth on my phone. :drat:

DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Wanna be like :grin: but instead I'm like :sad:

XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

20% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2024 @983.75 »

Hey welcome to the melonland hope you have a cool time here, I really like the kind of web design u got, i think its pretty cool

Paprika
Full Member ⚓︎

Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time

View Profile WWW

Giver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2024 @602.20 »

General Kenobi !  :cheerR:

Welcome to the melonland forum ! I hope you will have fun and discover things around here, we don't bite !
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi