Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 01 Oct 2026 - @229.41
Forum Activity: Five Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :defrag: Lo and Behold :defrag: Guild Events: Halloween Watch-a-thon
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Writing
| |-+  ✑ ∙ Books & Stationery
| | |-+  Have you read "Lurking" by Joanne McNeil?


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Have you read "Lurking" by Joanne McNeil?  (Read 1387 times)
PurpleHello98
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


'Cause I'm your girl, hold me baby <3
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: purplehello98

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: Spring, 24 Mar 2024 @816 » Embed

I read this book recently and it's really good! It's a history of the Net from the perspective of users, from the start of the WWW to modern social media, talking about the differences of each platform, etc. It made me realize just how much has changed, and, of course, how much we've lost in one form or another, especially as anonymity on the Net has given way to being made to use your real name on everything, for example. What do y'all think, if you've read it?

Logged

"...And we are not angels, to be comforted by seeing the means for which everything is sent."
-Elizabeth Gaskell, Wives and Daughters


https://purplehello98.neocities.org/graphics/userbars/46535.png
https://purplehello98.neocities.org/graphics/buttons/purplehello98.gifhttps://purplehello98.neocities.org/graphics/buttons/neocities-pink.gifhttps://purplehello98.neocities.org/graphics/buttons/vrvr-purple.gif
Còbra!
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWW


’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
iMood: Cobradile
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Great Posts PacmanHappy Birthday 2k24 !First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #1 on: Spring, 24 Mar 2024 @922 » Toggle Font Embed

Thanks for letting me know this book exists! I should definitely get it! :D

I'll report back here when I get it and read it.

Logged


http://internetometer.com/image/51163.png

https://i.imgur.com/leo4ZYP.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/C3gPKb3.png"He/Him (Nature green star)""Cis Ally""Pan: Straight Lean"https://i.imgur.com/kI850Ts.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/pkY2oAO.pnghttps://imgur.com/QUBFnZD.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/cjVsXOX.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/G8AyR6r.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/0HBKL8H.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/YMPbu9R.png

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
Memory
Guest

« Reply #2 on: Spring, 02 May 2024 @996 » Embed

I read this book recently and it's really good! It's a history of the Net from the perspective of users, from the start of the WWW to modern social media, talking about the differences of each platform, etc. It made me realize just how much has changed, and, of course, how much we've lost in one form or another, especially as anonymity on the Net has given way to being made to use your real name on everything, for example. What do y'all think, if you've read it?

I'm intrigued by this book! I agree about the weirdness of social media forcing people to use their real names... I've never signed up for anything online with my real name and have never had the urge to lol - that seems so bizarre to me.

Logged
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe