Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 30, 2024 - @166.38 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 32/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  hello world! [bark bark]

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: hello world! [bark bark]  (Read 112 times)
fancypengy
Casual Poster ⚓︎

im like you without good moods

XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« on: April 09, 2024 @67.30 »

Hello Melonland :] you can call me Kip, and I've recently become interested in the web revival/indie web and that sort of thing. I'm not sure exactly how I ultimately see myself fitting into those communities; I started out with just looking for ways to improve my cybersecurity, getting a password manager and VPN and that sort of thing, and it's kind of spiraled from there as I realized I'm actually really interested in technology and how to use it to further one's life aspirations instead of it being a crutch (as things like social media have been for me in the past), and diving into the web revival has been fantastic for that pursuit!! So I'm really excited to be able to talk about all of that with all of you ^~^

A little more about me in general- I use he/any pronouns (so mostly he/him but if you want to spice it up I won't object... neopronouns and it/its can be fun), I was born in the early 00s, I just graduated from university not too long ago and I'm planning on backpacking the Appalachian Trail starting in June. A lot of my energy has been dedicated to that recently and it may come up on here! Oh I'm also something along the lines of an otherkin/furry (doggie) thus the topic subject, so that may come up too! :)

I have a website that should be linked on my profile, feel free to check it out, but it's only about a month old so it's very much a work in progress. I haven't really decided on a theme so there's not a ton of consistency right now. We'll get there! Other than being a novice webmaster (and joining some forums... obviously), techy things I'm interested in right now are cultivating an RSS feed, starting a collection of CDs + downloaded music (as opposed to streaming), and as of a few days ago I'm considering switching my primary OS on my computer to Linux.

Looking forward to seeing how I can contribute to this community and getting to know some of y'all! :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

grubbyfox
Full Member ⚓︎

forever in 2006

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: grubbyfox

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2024 @400.06 »

Hi!  :dog:

Sounds like you'll fit in here quite nicely! Most here are interested in tech/internet in some way or another, and want a place to hangout that's not a social media platform. hope you'll enjoy it here!  :transport:

fancypengy
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2024 @764.83 »

Hi!  :dog:

Sounds like you'll fit in here quite nicely! Most here are interested in tech/internet in some way or another, and want a place to hangout that's not a social media platform. hope you'll enjoy it here!  :transport:

Thank you!! I like the art on your website also!!!

Paprika
Full Member ⚓︎

Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time

View Profile WWW

Giver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2024 @591.01 »

Heyyy ! Welcome to the MelonLand Forum ! Your avatar makes me think about the Marvel supervillain "8-ball", which akes me think I haven't seen him in a while, I should dig up to see what he has become or if he's dead, I think there's a "8-ball II" if I remember correctly...

Have a look, drink some water and relax, it's gonna be nice around here  :4u:
fancypengy
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2024 @835.74 »

Heyyy ! Welcome to the MelonLand Forum ! Your avatar makes me think about the Marvel supervillain "8-ball", which akes me think I haven't seen him in a while, I should dig up to see what he has become or if he's dead, I think there's a "8-ball II" if I remember correctly...

Have a look, drink some water and relax, it's gonna be nice around here  :4u:

Thank you for the kind words! Funny you say that about my avatar, another name I use frequently (like you, "Kip" is a bit of a persona) is also commonly compared to a popular comic book villain. I'm not big into comics at all so this is a surprise every time XD. I looked up the character though and this guy looks amazing??? Maybe I'll have a slightly different avatar soon! :dog:  :dog:  :dog:

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi