Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 09 Oct 2026 - @529.95
Forum Activity: Four Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :defrag: Lo and Behold :defrag: Guild Events: Halloween Watch-a-thon
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Moon Park
| |-+  ☑︎ ∙ Greetings & News
| | |-+  ❤︎ ∙ (Archive) Greetings
| | | |-+  hello world! [bark bark]


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: hello world! [bark bark]  (Read 954 times)
fancypengy
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


crush me with the sunshine of your mind
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: fancypengy

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2024!
« on: Spring, 09 Apr 2024 @067 » Toggle Font Embed

Hello Melonland :] you can call me Kip, and I've recently become interested in the web revival/indie web and that sort of thing. I'm not sure exactly how I ultimately see myself fitting into those communities; I started out with just looking for ways to improve my cybersecurity, getting a password manager and VPN and that sort of thing, and it's kind of spiraled from there as I realized I'm actually really interested in technology and how to use it to further one's life aspirations instead of it being a crutch (as things like social media have been for me in the past), and diving into the web revival has been fantastic for that pursuit!! So I'm really excited to be able to talk about all of that with all of you ^~^

A little more about me in general- I use he/any pronouns (so mostly he/him but if you want to spice it up I won't object... neopronouns and it/its can be fun), I was born in the early 00s, I just graduated from university not too long ago and I'm planning on backpacking the Appalachian Trail starting in June. A lot of my energy has been dedicated to that recently and it may come up on here! Oh I'm also something along the lines of an otherkin/furry (doggie) thus the topic subject, so that may come up too! :)

I have a website that should be linked on my profile, feel free to check it out, but it's only about a month old so it's very much a work in progress. I haven't really decided on a theme so there's not a ton of consistency right now. We'll get there! Other than being a novice webmaster (and joining some forums... obviously), techy things I'm interested in right now are cultivating an RSS feed, starting a collection of CDs + downloaded music (as opposed to streaming), and as of a few days ago I'm considering switching my primary OS on my computer to Linux.

Looking forward to seeing how I can contribute to this community and getting to know some of y'all! :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

Logged

https://fancypengy.neocities.org/images/dogsrunning_gif.gif
yeah, you cloud my head / but can you really get lost in heaven?
grubbyfox
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile


⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!
iMood: grubbyfox

Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: Spring, 10 Apr 2024 @400 » Embed

Hi!  :dog:

Sounds like you'll fit in here quite nicely! Most here are interested in tech/internet in some way or another, and want a place to hangout that's not a social media platform. hope you'll enjoy it here!  :transport:

Logged
fancypengy
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


crush me with the sunshine of your mind
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: fancypengy

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: Spring, 12 Apr 2024 @765 » Toggle Font Embed

Hi!  :dog:

Sounds like you'll fit in here quite nicely! Most here are interested in tech/internet in some way or another, and want a place to hangout that's not a social media platform. hope you'll enjoy it here!  :transport:

Thank you!! I like the art on your website also!!!

Logged

https://fancypengy.neocities.org/images/dogsrunning_gif.gif
yeah, you cloud my head / but can you really get lost in heaven?
Kalka
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time
⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Cube StoneMurbyGreat Posts PacmanGiver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: Spring, 14 Apr 2024 @591 » Toggle Font Embed

Heyyy ! Welcome to the MelonLand Forum ! Your avatar makes me think about the Marvel supervillain "8-ball", which akes me think I haven't seen him in a while, I should dig up to see what he has become or if he's dead, I think there's a "8-ball II" if I remember correctly...

Have a look, drink some water and relax, it's gonna be nice around here  :4u:

Logged

http://internetometer.com/image/51289.png
fancypengy
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


crush me with the sunshine of your mind
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: fancypengy

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: Spring, 16 Apr 2024 @836 » Toggle Font Embed

Heyyy ! Welcome to the MelonLand Forum ! Your avatar makes me think about the Marvel supervillain "8-ball", which akes me think I haven't seen him in a while, I should dig up to see what he has become or if he's dead, I think there's a "8-ball II" if I remember correctly...

Have a look, drink some water and relax, it's gonna be nice around here  :4u:


Thank you for the kind words! Funny you say that about my avatar, another name I use frequently (like you, "Kip" is a bit of a persona) is also commonly compared to a popular comic book villain. I'm not big into comics at all so this is a surprise every time XD. I looked up the character though and this guy looks amazing??? Maybe I'll have a slightly different avatar soon! :dog:  :dog:  :dog:

Logged

https://fancypengy.neocities.org/images/dogsrunning_gif.gif
yeah, you cloud my head / but can you really get lost in heaven?
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe