Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 30, 2024 - @58.41 (what is this?)
Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  bunnii tries to escape confinement from the same 3 web apps

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: bunnii tries to escape confinement from the same 3 web apps  (Read 200 times)
succubunnii
Newbie ⚓︎

StatusCafe: succubunnii

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« on: April 16, 2024 @547.60 »

helo~ :4u:
i'm succubunnii, but you can call me bunnii or succubun ₍ᐢ. ༝ .ᐢ₎

i'm a small streamer on twitch who likes games, creating art and all things retro. it just brings me joy!
recently i've just been feeling like my online presence is more in control of me than i am of it, and i really miss the exploration and customisation i enjoyed years ago. things feel different now. i dislike how i struggle to pick something to watch on youtube if i happen to be using a guest account and the algorithm isn't feeding me directly. i also dislike somehow losing hours of my day just scrolling twitter or youtube shorts. it has happened a bit too much lately and i just want an out! finding a place to post my art that isn't full of bots and ai or run by jerks has gotten me down.

finding out neocities is a thing and that there are more spaces like that and here, MelonLand, has really helped me feel better! being a more visual person who is bad at math, i was under the impression that making a website would be too hard for me. and it is tricky, i have a lot to learn! but it's very fulfilling, and i look forward to working on it more and hopefully finding ways to make more meaningful connections online than shouting into the void.

i still use larger online spaces, but i just want cozy little spaces on the internet i can come to and feel at peace in. places to go to instead of the epic scroll void i always fall in.

nice to meet you~ 
:transport:

:unite: hell ye :unite:
wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2024 @565.43 »

Welcome welcome!

I used to think HTML/CSS would be too hard for me, too, so I went a long time without even trying. But really there's barely any math involved, to me it feels like a style of "grammar" or set of logic and rules in a puzzle.  :pc:

Wishing you best of luck with your site (which I will check out asap!), and your own web habits. It's a tough journey (it took me like a year of weaning myself to finally kick my tumblr addiction) but the first step is for sure the hardest :)

succubunnii
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2024 @579.75 »

Welcome welcome!

I used to think HTML/CSS would be too hard for me, too, so I went a long time without even trying. But really there's barely any math involved, to me it feels like a style of "grammar" or set of logic and rules in a puzzle.  :pc:

Wishing you best of luck with your site (which I will check out asap!), and your own web habits. It's a tough journey (it took me like a year of weaning myself to finally kick my tumblr addiction) but the first step is for sure the hardest :)

thank you thank you~

YEAH really no math, i just assumed 'ohh smart people do this, and smart people are good at math... it must need math!'
it's actually pretty fun! i am thinking of trying to find a class i can take, and even borrowed a html book from the library  :happy:

there are certainly improvements already. not perfect but at least right now i'm here and not in the void! good start
ㅤᵕ̈

grubbyfox
Full Member ⚓︎

forever in 2006

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: grubbyfox

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2024 @695.32 »

hi and welcome!! sounds like you'll cosy up just fine in here, hehe. what games and such do you stream, if i may ask?

Paprika
Full Member ⚓︎

Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time

View Profile WWW

Giver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2024 @881.05 »

Same for me, I thought I'd give up quickly and that HTML/CSS would be too hard but I'm still alive and kicking so that's a positive thing for me, hehehe !

Welcome to the MelonLand Forum anyway, you'll learn a lot of things around, feel free to explore !  :cheerR:
succubunnii
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2024 @227.60 »

hi and welcome!! sounds like you'll cosy up just fine in here, hehe. what games and such do you stream, if i may ask?

thank you so much grubby~ i've done arty games like passpartout 2 and umurangi generation, fighting games like street figher and tekken, as well as blasphemous and hotline miami. lately it's mostly art streams cuz i have a lot of work i want to finish
 :4u:

Same for me, I thought I'd give up quickly and that HTML/CSS would be too hard but I'm still alive and kicking so that's a positive thing for me, hehehe !

Welcome to the MelonLand Forum anyway, you'll learn a lot of things around, feel free to explore !  :cheerR:

hell ye! we just have to believe in ourselves, do some research and ask questions! its a nice little hobby, i like it.
 :4u:

Misanthropic Monster™
Full Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

iMood: Misanthropic

View Profile WWW

bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2024 @31.97 »

helo~ :4u:
i'm succubunnii, but you can call me bunnii or succubun ₍ᐢ. ༝ .ᐢ₎

i'm a small streamer on twitch who likes games, creating art and all things retro. it just brings me joy!
recently i've just been feeling like my online presence is more in control of me than i am of it, and i really miss the exploration and customisation i enjoyed years ago. things feel different now. i dislike how i struggle to pick something to watch on youtube if i happen to be using a guest account and the algorithm isn't feeding me directly. i also dislike somehow losing hours of my day just scrolling twitter or youtube shorts. it has happened a bit too much lately and i just want an out! finding a place to post my art that isn't full of bots and ai or run by jerks has gotten me down.

finding out neocities is a thing and that there are more spaces like that and here, MelonLand, has really helped me feel better! being a more visual person who is bad at math, i was under the impression that making a website would be too hard for me. and it is tricky, i have a lot to learn! but it's very fulfilling, and i look forward to working on it more and hopefully finding ways to make more meaningful connections online than shouting into the void.

i still use larger online spaces, but i just want cozy little spaces on the internet i can come to and feel at peace in. places to go to instead of the epic scroll void i always fall in.

nice to meet you~ 
:transport:

I resonate with everything you said here! Also another fellow 'bad at math' person, I was diagnosed with dyscalculia as a kid and it's honestly been a bane to my existence, and yet it didn't seem to hinder me making a site so that's really great!  :ha:

Glad you found peace here, and hope you enjoy your time posting!  :ozwomp:  :ozwomp:  :ozwomp:

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi