Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @18.98 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 28/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  isn't it nice to be part of forums again?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: isn't it nice to be part of forums again?  (Read 348 times)
prismatic
Casual Poster

mist ball⭐

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« on: April 21, 2024 @625.34 »

hello, melonland! my name is prismatic, and after a long time lurking here, i've decided to join up since i really like the friendly atmosphere here o: not only that... i do miss the old days of the internet when forums were more prevalent. they were our own circles somewhat, before everything became what it is today and full of social media apps here and there. @_@ it really is a shame...

but i hope everyone is having a good day so far! c: i'll be lurking and posting around on occasion~
Little Matcha Girl

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2024 @652.69 »

Omg hi!! Yes I miss forums so much. Nothing will ever replace them for me ;A; nice to have you here queen <3

hi! I love pastels, drawing, and cute stuff!!
bees
Jr. Member ⚓︎

iMood: lobb

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2024 @731.76 »

Hello! Yeah, I love forums, they can be a really good way to connect with people in a slower environment :D

Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

iMood: Misanthropic
PicMix: BitterGoblin

View Profile WWW

beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice!bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2024 @825.97 »

Welcome aboard  :dog:

I agree, centralisation and social media has killed modern internet, but we're bringing it back!

Paprika
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!the one and only paprika!Giver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2024 @839.31 »

Hey there ! Welcome to the Melonland Forum ! It's a very nice place indeed, I'm quite sure you'll like it !

I enjoy this forum a lot after years of instant messaging. You have time to read, think about an answer and it's more slow-paced than stuff like Skype or Discord. Slowing down is really good.
prismatic
Casual Poster

mist ball⭐

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2024 @852.64 »

Hey there ! Welcome to the Melonland Forum ! It's a very nice place indeed, I'm quite sure you'll like it !

I enjoy this forum a lot after years of instant messaging. You have time to read, think about an answer and it's more slow-paced than stuff like Skype or Discord. Slowing down is really good.

the sad part is many forums are closing and migrating to discord. while i understand the decision from the owners in particular considering they have to make a decision based on the best interests of their community, i find it personally... rather frustrating. discord, much like skype and msn/wlm before it, is temporary. once discord closes its doors, what happens to all that invaluable information?

it's just... gone, y'know?

which is why i don't think anything yet can really beat forums when it comes to information preservation. the discussion value is important, as well! this definitely can be easier to follow than discord conversations. @__@

thank you for the greetings everyone!!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2024 @871.50 by prismatic » Logged
Paprika
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!the one and only paprika!Giver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2024 @857.38 »

I agree with you, my biggest issue with Discord is that it's keeping informations behind closed doors. Forums could be browsed as guest and Discord is forcing you to enter somewhere to access the bit you need/want. The "you just have to join that discord room, you already have your account" is really seducing but when you just wanted to know one thing or one detail about something it's a bit exhausting. I've often came in discords, retrieved what I was looking for and left almost immediately. The biggest issue is that you often have to rummage through tons of shitposting to find something relevant.

But not everything's bad, Melonland exists  :4u:
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi