Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 19, 2024 - @315.13 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 42/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  New Citizen on Melon Land!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New Citizen on Melon Land!  (Read 545 times)
KatiePla.net
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Currently: Drinking Seltzer Water

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: katieplanet

View Profile WWW

tamanotchi enthusiast!Under Construction Gif ProviderJoined 2024!
« on: April 28, 2024 @808.70 »

Hello everyone! My name is Katie (she/her) and I'm the webmaster for KatiePla.net!

A little bit about me...
* My favorite font of all time is Comic Sans!!
* My favorite food is the peanut butter and raspberry sandwich
* I love to explore "underexplored" areas - there's always so much to see in this world, even in our own communities!
* I'm vegan and I LOVE beans - I can offer the best bean dish recommendations around.

A little bit about my website...
In January 2024, I stumbled upon MelonKing's website from a random Reddit thread. I was so enchanted by their website - it entirely changed my perspective on what the internet was meant for and what it should be! From there I was lead down the rabbit hole of many great websites, and knew I had to make one of my own.

I love that indie websites embrace both individuality and imperfection at the same time, its all very human to me. (unlike the soulless, pigeon-holed spaces we are allowed on Social Media) I have been exposed to more art, more interesting ideas, unique thoughts and more expressions of individuality on the Indie Web than I ever have on social media - its such a refreshing and authentic experience!

When I get better at HTML/CSS, I hope I can one day encourage others to make their own websites - just like how Melon inspired me! :ozwomp:

A little bit about why I joined the forum...
I have been lurking the forum for a long time, but I was always too scared to join since my website was too bare! Now that I have a decent homepage set up, a blog, a photo album, and a few other things, I feel like I have a website worth showing off!

While I'm excited to learn more about indie web design and connect with the indie web community, I'm also REALLY motivated to get involved with TamaNotchis! I am in LOVE with my Tama (DJ★Starr) and I want to get involved with growing the community/development of TamaNotchi! Eventually I'd like to make a portion of my website dedicated to tutorials on how to personalize your TamaNotchi, from editing their CSS to building "cases" that can be displayed on your website. An example of DJ★Starr's case I designed can be found here!

Phew, thats a long post! - Enough about me!
Thank you for the warm welcome to Melon Land - I'm excited to see y'all around!
 :transport:

World's #1 Tamanotchi Fan - Please feed DJ★Starr!! (He likes fruit!)
wodaro
Full Member ⚓︎

I should be drawing

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: wodaro
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2024 @818.80 »

Hello hello!!

Your website is SO fun so far!! I especially love the setup of your blog pages, that sticker background is soooooo cute!!!  :loved: You mentioned wanting to inspire others with your sites? Well you've already inspired me! Getting all that made just this year is impressive!

Excited to see you update it further and see you around the forums!! Also I love comic sans as well, it's not a go-to font for me but it is SO easy to read so I do appreciate it.

honowo
Casual Poster ⚓︎

(any pronouns)

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: f66x
iMood: f66x
PicMix: honowo

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2024 @842.97 »

I absolutely love when people get creative with their domain names. It makes the site name easier to remember and helps it stick out. Also would love a tutorial on custom Tamanotchi capsules!

Always great to find a fellow bean lover. They're so versatile and I feel like some people don't realize that. :chef:

🌸
Paprika
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time

⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!the one and only paprika!Giver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2024 @941.86 »

Hey hey hey ! Welcome to the MelonLand Forum !

First of all, thank you so much for the "Under COnstruction" gifs link you posted in the chatbox, it's absolutely perfect, I really needed this ! [Link to the site] for anyone curious...

I'm all ears about beans dishes, I'd love to know about your best recipes or tips for cooking beans ! My favorite beans are red beans, I can eat it at any time ! I wish you a good time around, you'll certainly enjoy the different topics we have there !
Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Misanthropic
PicMix: BitterGoblin

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice!bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2024 @21.46 »

Hello everyone! My name is Katie (she/her) and I'm the webmaster for KatiePla.net!

A little bit about me...
* My favorite font of all time is Comic Sans!!
* My favorite food is the peanut butter and raspberry sandwich
* I love to explore "underexplored" areas - there's always so much to see in this world, even in our own communities!
* I'm vegan and I LOVE beans - I can offer the best bean dish recommendations around.

A little bit about my website...
In January 2024, I stumbled upon MelonKing's website from a random Reddit thread. I was so enchanted by their website - it entirely changed my perspective on what the internet was meant for and what it should be! From there I was lead down the rabbit hole of many great websites, and knew I had to make one of my own.

I love that indie websites embrace both individuality and imperfection at the same time, its all very human to me. (unlike the soulless, pigeon-holed spaces we are allowed on Social Media) I have been exposed to more art, more interesting ideas, unique thoughts and more expressions of individuality on the Indie Web than I ever have on social media - its such a refreshing and authentic experience!

When I get better at HTML/CSS, I hope I can one day encourage others to make their own websites - just like how Melon inspired me! :ozwomp:

A little bit about why I joined the forum...
I have been lurking the forum for a long time, but I was always too scared to join since my website was too bare! Now that I have a decent homepage set up, a blog, a photo album, and a few other things, I feel like I have a website worth showing off!

While I'm excited to learn more about indie web design and connect with the indie web community, I'm also REALLY motivated to get involved with TamaNotchis! I am in LOVE with my Tama (DJ★Starr) and I want to get involved with growing the community/development of TamaNotchi! Eventually I'd like to make a portion of my website dedicated to tutorials on how to personalize your TamaNotchi, from editing their CSS to building "cases" that can be displayed on your website. An example of DJ★Starr's case I designed can be found here!

Phew, thats a long post! - Enough about me!
Thank you for the warm welcome to Melon Land - I'm excited to see y'all around!
 :transport:

It warms my heart how much MelonKing has inspired us all - they are literally the reason I made my website too. Legend of the modern era is our Melon King!  :blush:

Memory
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2024 @945.27 »

Hey Katie ! Glad to see you , I hope you enjoy your time here !
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi