Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 01 Oct 2026 - @157.99
Forum Activity: Five Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: There's a great big indie web tomorrow! :smile: Guild Events: MelonLand's Seasonal RPG Jam
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Writing
| |-+  ✑ ∙ Books & Stationery
| | |-+  Favorite creepypastas ?


« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print Embed
Author Topic: Favorite creepypastas ?  (Read 9295 times)
virtualpet2001
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWWArt


getting hard to be someone but it all works out
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2026!Water Creature
« Reply #15 on: Winter, 18 Jan 2026 @305 » Toggle Font Embed

It's a very silly pick but i was obsessed with "Pokemon Dead Channel" as a kid because it was the first time i had ever read something that long and gruesome. i was a fiend for creepypastas especially the pokemon themed ones. even wrote one of my own though its lost to time now...beat-for-beat retelling of a creepy miku song with eeveelutions instead lol

Logged

https://cloudgazer.neocities.org/links/cloudgazer.png
atinytrashbag
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWWArt


love is miles away, will i still wait for you? 🍎
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: atinytrashbag

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« Reply #16 on: Spring, 14 Apr 2026 @667 » Toggle Font Embed

i didn't grow up with creepypasta but somehow i ended up on the creepypasta side of youtube so i know a bit now!

ted the caver is an all-timer, but i'm also a fan of normal p for normal people (censored title, don't want to type the whole thing out), the russian sleep experiment (until the ending monologue, at least) and my all-time favourite, username 666 :cheesy:

Logged

https://atinytrashbag.neocities.org/assets/attbutton.png
sloth_army1
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


Armed with a predilection for the inapt
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #17 on: Spring, 14 Apr 2026 @744 » Embed

I used to casually listen to creepypasta readings a lot when I was a kid, but I've only just recently started rediscovering them. The only ones I've read recently enough to have an opinion are the extremely well-known popular ones, but of those my favorite is definitely the original Haunted Cartridge section of Ben Drowned. It is genuinely pretty creepy and well-written.

I remember 1999 freaking me out as a kid, so maybe I should check that one out again sometime soon.

Logged

She/Her

Visit my website! (18+): https://slotharmy1.neocities.org/
Nikodile
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


loosey goosey
⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2024!
« Reply #18 on: Spring, 30 Apr 2026 @109 » Toggle Font Embed

I remember the classics like Ben Drowned, Smile Dog and Candle Cove really creeping me out when I was younger.

In terms of maybe lesser heard ones, I'd say maybe Jvk1166z.esp - that one really stood out to me to this day. Kinda funny to see the creepypasta to analog horror pipeline in internet history, they both have very common tropes to make you roll your eyes.

Logged

https://card.exophase.com/2/0/252177.png?1710514702https://64.media.tumblr.com/224543d33488224217b4c8bb3346487a/tumblr_ncfsf2TwEQ1rc0cy9o1_500.gifhttps://crocbyte.dev/crocbytebutton.gif
seallover
Casual Poster
*
View Profile WWW


i was forced to eat cement when i was 6 :(
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« Reply #19 on: Spring, 30 May 2026 @012 » Toggle Font Embed

OHHHHHHHH MY GOD CREEPYPASTAS!!!! i was OBSESSED with them in middle school and they make up such a fundamental part of who i am today :loved:

my favorite horror story on the internet is definitely autopilot. it's written so well in my opinion, and it really left an impression on me.

but the one i am scared of the most is definitely smile.dog :grin:  :grin: i still don't like looking at its picture for too long :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

Logged


Artifact Swap: da sea lion
snufkin
Jr. Member
**
View Profile WWW


touching grass
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« Reply #20 on: Spring, 30 May 2026 @178 » Toggle Font Embed

I loved CK Walker's loose series of The Whistlers, Blue Ridge, and Paradise Pine, mostly for the offputting and unique creatures in them. There was that old one about a note found with a bottle of dark liquid in a safe, which was spine-chilling to me as a kid. Was kinda scared by smile.dog but oh, The Rake was terrifying. I should read it again...

Logged

長い旅行に必要なのは大きなカバンじゃなく、口ずさめる一つの歌さ。

Artifact Swap: pick it outpostmarked
boreal cryptid
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


без надії сподіваюсь
⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #21 on: Spring, 30 May 2026 @892 » Embed

from "classic" ones - probably Slenderman!

and nowadays i listen to narrated creepypastas more than read them.
i listen to Dark Somnium and CreepyGhostStories the most.

and recent favorites are:
plus, not sure if it's a creepypasta (it's from r/nosleep), but??? Left/Right Game by Jack Anderson

Logged

Is this how you honor MelonLand Forum, and the tribe unmourned? Write to me openly, and not by stealth.

Artifact Swap: Polyamorous NeurodivergentWildflowers!Lucky Birdtree ConesewingSnow MailRainbow ConnectionPolyamorousThe Red Pixelfaceplant neko^_^
EkkoLocria
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« Reply #22 on: Summer, 07 Jun 2026 @759 » Embed

Super wouldn't call this one my favorite, but there was one that always stuck with me (bc i found it goofy even as a 13yo in 2013) that was about this guy who played this fighting game where he lost to some CPU character with a bucket on his head, but then he started hearing the fighting game announcer's voice everywhere, but it was shit like someone accidentally losing their flipflop and the announcer would be like "FALLEN ARMOR!"

then at the end, he saw a statue that looked like the bucket head guy, and it came alive and kicked his ass IRL. It was the best kind of bad

In terms of "good" one... Candle Cove i guess? That one holds up

« Last Edit: Summer, 07 Jun 2026 @761 by EkkoLocria » Logged

an artist is sort of like a demigod with mental and/or physical health issues. If you are and artist AND healthy we all cower in fear of your unforeseen power.
Noah_S
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


Noah. Earth. I make website. I.. I.. Noah. Earth.
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Noah_S
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
funguyVisited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!I got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!I met Dan Q on Melonland!A coin!Enby
« Reply #23 on: Summer, 07 Jun 2026 @763 » Toggle Font Embed

I remember one about an old pokemon game. I think gold or silver. Possibly crystal. The team kept changing until the player was stuck somewhere with a team of Unown spelling out N-O-M-O-R-E

I have no idea where I was reading it or what it was called.

Logged

perfectionist_better.gifweb_designer.gifspeed_of_time.gifbutton290.pngmy_dream_wedding.gifClippy beats AI

Artifact Swap: Common RavenLarge watercraftGrowing ballwhen life gives you crab make mailMelonland has encountered a bugMerry ChristmasfwoggieMessage Buddylaptop
Rubbereon
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
OS: Linux 🐧

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
NoSmoking!Hope, the silliest ink kittayyVisited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2025!
« Reply #24 on: Summer, 15 Aug 2026 @516 » Embed

Pokemon Drought just by how hopeless it is, I don't care how unrealistic it is, but the story happening within the cartridge excited me far more quickly in much fewer words than Godzilla Red (i know it's a "classic", but it's boring) or "a_one are you?" which is also a haunted cartridge, but it is haunted by a literal malevolent god that rewrites reality just to mess with the protagonist. The reason it's so shockingly good too is that it stemmed from a nightmare the author had.

For something non-gaming related, I really can't think of anything besides maybe the backrooms.

Logged

https://bettysgraphics.neocities.org/images/animals/cat%20695.gifFuzzy fwiendhttps://bettysgraphics.neocities.org/images/animals/cat%20696.gifhttps://bettysgraphics.neocities.org/images/animals/cat%20697.gif
https://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/penguin.gifLinux userhttps://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/penguin.gif
↓ All my web profiles are available on this website ↓
https://fursona.directory/@rubbereon :goL:
https://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/tabs.gifhttps://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/idiotsticker.png

Artifact Swap: pearl yappin kittayGreen SpiffoJust CheeseTomato SliceCourage smiley
Noah_S
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


Noah. Earth. I make website. I.. I.. Noah. Earth.
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Noah_S
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
funguyVisited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!I got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!I met Dan Q on Melonland!A coin!Enby
« Reply #25 on: Summer, 16 Aug 2026 @632 » Toggle Font Embed

I remember one about an old pokemon game. I think gold or silver. Possibly crystal. The team kept changing until the player was stuck somewhere with a team of Unown spelling out N-O-M-O-R-E

I have no idea where I was reading it or what it was called.

I found it. Lost Silver.

Logged

perfectionist_better.gifweb_designer.gifspeed_of_time.gifbutton290.pngmy_dream_wedding.gifClippy beats AI

Artifact Swap: Common RavenLarge watercraftGrowing ballwhen life gives you crab make mailMelonland has encountered a bugMerry ChristmasfwoggieMessage Buddylaptop
bugholder's epiphany
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


why do they call it oven
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #26 on: Summer, 18 Aug 2026 @674 » Toggle Font Embed

A classic I always loved was Godzilla NES Creepypasta, that one's always kinda been on the back of my mind anytime I think of creepypastas I love. On the flipside there's Happy Appy which I love for how stupid it is LMAO, its like eating gas station hot dogs, it's terrible but man is it delicious.

Logged
fablefound
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


they/them
⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2024!
« Reply #27 on: Summer, 18 Aug 2026 @865 » Toggle Font Embed

ahh, this thread takes me BACK. i haven't partaken in the 'pastas myself in quite some time, but i remember some of them really sticking with me and messing me up as a kid. i had a slender man phase, like many others, and was also VERY into all things lavender town, including the "hidden frequencies" youtube video i always chickened out of watching. candle cove also definitely left a mark on me, and i'm glad to see it being mentioned.

slimebeast is primarily remembered for abandoned by disney, but i think funnymouth and afterpeople creeped me out more when i was younger. i also remember there was a creepypasta based off a vocaloid song called kagome, kagome?

the one that messed me up the most though, if it counts as a creepypasta (it was originally posted to reddit) was borrasca by a long shot. i should NOT have been reading that at fourteen, and it's probably the only one where i feel obliged to warn folks to check out the trigger warnings. (apparently the story became a podcast starring cole sprouse, and its original writer is now successfully working in the screen industry? amazing!)

i guess ARGs and analog horror are the big thing now, but i'll always have fond memories of trawling the creepypasta wiki late at night haha.

Logged

neocities
https://64.media.tumblr.com/675eae3dd8a496506c935c06793b245b/tumblr_inline_p7syo7z5iN1rw5v7g_75sq.pnja laugh can be a very powerful thing. why, sometimes in life, it's the only weapon we have.https://64.media.tumblr.com/8e49c3d785fd9ee0e1d9dbac48ee31f1/tumblr_inline_p7syo8AjMX1rw5v7g_75sq.pnj
https://web.archive.org/web/20090728050500/http://www.geocities.com/john_jessica/Barfairymagic.gif
https://64.media.tumblr.com/03416b0ebb68bed78f1a3ab1f7a1849e/338d8dd360da2e72-ad/s1280x1920/2899a20f67237800ced2832b9474a853a22a2756.jpg
Seechain
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« Reply #28 on: Summer, 19 Aug 2026 @708 » Embed

 :omg: It seems strange to me that no one mentions The Holders. Maybe this creepypasta wants to be forgotten. :skull:

Quote
In any city, in any country, there's a mental institution or halfway house you can try any of these in. There were 2538 of these Objects, but 2000 were lost.

The remaining 538 must never come together. Ever.


https://theholders.fandom.com/wiki/The_Holders

Logged

fablefound
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


they/them
⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2024!
« Reply #29 on: Summer, 19 Aug 2026 @872 » Toggle Font Embed

:omg: It seems strange to me that no one mentions The Holders. Maybe this creepypasta wants to be forgotten. :skull:
 

https://theholders.fandom.com/wiki/The_Holders

oh my goodness the holders!!! you just brought back a VIVID memory of trawling through holders entries. i never really got into the scp, but for some reason the holders had a grip on me for like, a few weeks. good times. i remember wanting to write one of my own so baaaad!

Logged

neocities
https://64.media.tumblr.com/675eae3dd8a496506c935c06793b245b/tumblr_inline_p7syo7z5iN1rw5v7g_75sq.pnja laugh can be a very powerful thing. why, sometimes in life, it's the only weapon we have.https://64.media.tumblr.com/8e49c3d785fd9ee0e1d9dbac48ee31f1/tumblr_inline_p7syo8AjMX1rw5v7g_75sq.pnj
https://web.archive.org/web/20090728050500/http://www.geocities.com/john_jessica/Barfairymagic.gif
https://64.media.tumblr.com/03416b0ebb68bed78f1a3ab1f7a1849e/338d8dd360da2e72-ad/s1280x1920/2899a20f67237800ced2832b9474a853a22a2756.jpg
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe