Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @156.16 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 17/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 844.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ➶ ∙ Art Gallery
| | |-+  Little webzine about cringe culture i made

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Little webzine about cringe culture i made  (Read 769 times)
cavitycollector
Newbie ⚓︎

he/him // autistic webnoob

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: cavitycollector
iMood: cavitycollector

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« on: May 11, 2024 @157.19 »

this is my zine, titled cringe culture is alive. its about the perpetuation of cringe culture by "cringe positive" communities and learning how to be a more compassionate and understanding person!

i made this zine in april and just now finished creating a proper page on my website for it. i decided not to post on my tumblr for fear of the type of interactions i might get, but i feel okay just uplaoding to my site and sharing that way :)

[img width=100%]https://file.garden/ZVKAVGDEUWH6MWlN/ads%20%2B%20bumper%20stickers/this_message_1and0.png[/img]
Junebug
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Vanitas Vanitatum Omnia Vanitas

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Vanitas no Carte fanJoined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2024 @231.16 »

Heeeey I see my gurl, Spider8reath.

I have been seeing a lot of discussion of cringe culture whenever I hang out in fandom spaces online. It's always curious to me because I think my perspective on these matters is like an outsider looking in. And to explain my perspective, it's like... well, I'm 28 years old. I'm not really a new adult anymore, although I still feel pretty young. And part of that experience of adulthood was a kind of clarity in understanding what people are looking for in other people. To really see what's going on socially when it comes to the ways people are judging each other. A lot of my interests are cringey, empirically speaking. Anime and manga interest as an adult is always something that stands apart from normality, no matter where you are in the world, from what I can tell. And the realization I had was that I could like what I liked and meet people's expectations at the same time. A lot of the judgements, I think, is wondering whether the other person can be reliable and serious about things beyond their hobbies. There's also a lot of baseless judgement for having weird interests as well, but the judgements the other person usually think are legitimate, like feeling like one can pull ones own weight or is competent at the jobs they take on, or can be relied upon to add things of value (earn money, be a good listener, be a good organizer, can take care of children, really anything people rely on others for) are the big ones. These are the judgements that always attend adult life, I believe.

And it's perfectly possible to prove to others that you do things of value while also sincerely enjoying what matters to you. I think when you are comfortable in normal society you can most shamelessly acknowledge what you care about, because you're not desperate for approval. If you've already proven yourself, then you're free from the fear of others' judgements. Most importantly, you've got to believe that you've got nothing left to prove, and to really believe it, not force yourself to believe it when secretly you still agree with other people's judgements.

At this point, you'll remember why it is you like something. You'll remember there's a reason you love this thing, and remember that love and think about that love instead of your insecurities. Because insecurities can be dealt with through the reassurance of people who know you, from seeing the reality of having earned respect. :dog:

My preferred programming language is AutoHotKey.

"What you thought was a given was in reality a product of miracles."

Bede
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood boygirl!

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: azure
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2024 @729.47 »

I absolutely love this! The presentation is great, and it says something I've been thinking about regarding cringe culture for a long time. If you say you're "anti cringe culture" for being in a certain fandom, but you still make fun of fansongs for that fandom because they're "corny" (real example from a real person I know), then you're not anti cringe culture. I've linked it on my links page on my site!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024 @732.51 by Bede » Logged

CELEBRATE THE REJECTS, EVISCERATE THE PRESETS ⋆。˚

BUTCHBONEZ
Full Member ⚓︎

certified analog horror junkie

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!Thanks for being rad!Local GothJoined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2024 @987.79 »

I love the graphics and the layout so much! also is that gangle my beloved! :ozwomp:

you are safe here, traveler

HY / XE / FANG
cavitycollector
Newbie ⚓︎

he/him // autistic webnoob

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: cavitycollector
iMood: cavitycollector

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2024 @76.72 »

I absolutely love this! The presentation is great, and it says something I've been thinking about regarding cringe culture for a long time. If you say you're "anti cringe culture" for being in a certain fandom, but you still make fun of fansongs for that fandom because they're "corny" (real example from a real person I know), then you're not anti cringe culture. I've linked it on my links page on my site!

tysm!! i agree 100%, i know so many people who behave this way and it just feels so fake and surface level. as i say in the zine ive been guilty of it myself in the past, but the fact so many people don't even realize that this behavior is something they need to correct is baffling. being anti cringe culture is an actual set of beliefs, not just an identity!

ill be adding your site button to my links page, i appreciate it! :D

I love the graphics and the layout so much! also is that gangle my beloved! :ozwomp:

TY!! and yes it is... FNAF my all time favorite "cringe" media  :loved:

[img width=100%]https://file.garden/ZVKAVGDEUWH6MWlN/ads%20%2B%20bumper%20stickers/this_message_1and0.png[/img]
egbert
Full Member ⚓︎

dumpster diver who is a girl named bert

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2024 @644.50 »

i heart this. smiles
went ahead and linked it on my site. smilesssss so hardd

DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I FOUND A PONEH

⛺︎ My Room
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Bred :320% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2024 @717.06 »

Nice work on the zine, but I feel like its written kinda abstractly which makes it hard for me to understand what the actual problem it's explaining is. Like it goes on long tangents and what im reading about doesnt read naturally to me. Also this is just one of the many interpretations of "cringe culture", and something to note is that cringe culture isn't one whole thing, its a ton of different things from different places at different times.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Weird/surreal 3d environment i made

Started by ellievoyydBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 3
Views: 2335
Last post September 22, 2022 @593.21
by SGTCharlynne
I made an article

Started by JackFrostBoard ✑ ∙ Writing & Stationery

Replies: 2
Views: 947
Last post November 25, 2022 @61.55
by Melooon
Email Culture

Started by dotmidiBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 13
Views: 1408
Last post July 05, 2023 @882.96
by aster

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi