Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @157.92 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 17/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 843.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :skull: Websites are like whispers in the night  :skull:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ➶ ∙ Art Gallery
| | |-+  Making Artwork from Games

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Making Artwork from Games  (Read 478 times)
TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« on: May 25, 2024 @61.81 »

I've been experimenting with making liminal spaces in the Sims 4 lately, and thought I'd see if I could get some feedback on these. It's fun to see what images I can come up with using the objects in the game given how much freedom you get in build mode. Have you ever tried to make artwork out of game images?

I think my favorite one is the pic showing the back of the fridge

Memory
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2024 @376.63 »

Sims was always a great tool for creating rooms. I remember Sims movies being hyped in the early days of Youtube, probably for it being quite easy to use.
Nice light-and-shadow effects. Those room textures would make some decent backgrounds for RPGs for example. Better than... eh... taking photos of locations that would fit as a background scene.

Once, I made a comic out of screenshots of Super Smash Bros 1. The Pause button opened a camera menu with little freedom of movement, but nevertheless it kept some embarrasing moments for the characters still in the picture.
TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2024 @671.31 »

I loved that Super Smash Brothers feature! I used to collect silly screenshots of the characters in ridiculous poses, and I even turned some of them into 100x100 profile icons somehow. I can't remember if I did it via emulation, or just photographing the screen, but it was fun.

I had originally planned to use these screenshots as images in some kind of Twine game. I may still do that, but I don't have any story in mind yet. I think it'd be fun to draw characters on top of them or maybe make a point-and-click game based on them. Not sure atm, but it was fun trying things out!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

HIRA's Artworks

Started by MemoryBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 14
Views: 3730
Last post June 13, 2023 @143.22
by xandra
the era of rpgmaker games

Started by cinniBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 27
Views: 4791
Last post August 16, 2023 @267.22
by Riqo
I am new to making sites and I want some tips to improve.

Started by Icey!Board ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 4
Views: 2082
Last post December 14, 2021 @853.48
by Icey!

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi