Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 06 Oct 2026 - @527.95
Forum Activity: Three Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~ Guild Events: MelonLand's Seasonal RPG Jam
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Writing
| |-+  ➶ ∙ Art Projects
| | |-+  Making Artwork from Games


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Making Artwork from Games  (Read 1755 times)
TheFrugalGamer
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
See A Bug Summer 2025 ParticipantGreat Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: Spring, 25 May 2024 @062 » Toggle Font Embed

I've been experimenting with making liminal spaces in the Sims 4 lately, and thought I'd see if I could get some feedback on these. It's fun to see what images I can come up with using the objects in the game given how much freedom you get in build mode. Have you ever tried to make artwork out of game images?

https://i.imgur.com/EnaVbHD.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/k8uhyDJ.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/1wICMNW.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/qkck7Md.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/PcQVJOa.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/aJ3waEV.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/RdY4pbv.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/WYR4O9Q.jpeg

I think my favorite one is the pic showing the back of the fridge

Logged


Artifact Swap: Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Pink TulipEmerald OreAquamarine
Memory
Guest

« Reply #1 on: Spring, 25 May 2024 @377 » Embed

Sims was always a great tool for creating rooms. I remember Sims movies being hyped in the early days of Youtube, probably for it being quite easy to use.
Nice light-and-shadow effects. Those room textures would make some decent backgrounds for RPGs for example. Better than... eh... taking photos of locations that would fit as a background scene.

Once, I made a comic out of screenshots of Super Smash Bros 1. The Pause button opened a camera menu with little freedom of movement, but nevertheless it kept some embarrasing moments for the characters still in the picture.

Logged
TheFrugalGamer
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
See A Bug Summer 2025 ParticipantGreat Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: Spring, 25 May 2024 @671 » Toggle Font Embed

I loved that Super Smash Brothers feature! I used to collect silly screenshots of the characters in ridiculous poses, and I even turned some of them into 100x100 profile icons somehow. I can't remember if I did it via emulation, or just photographing the screen, but it was fun.

I had originally planned to use these screenshots as images in some kind of Twine game. I may still do that, but I don't have any story in mind yet. I think it'd be fun to draw characters on top of them or maybe make a point-and-click game based on them. Not sure atm, but it was fun trying things out!

Logged


Artifact Swap: Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Pink TulipEmerald OreAquamarine
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe