Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @42.71 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 23/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 958.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: Love is not possession  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  Motivation!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Motivation!  (Read 287 times)
Rol
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Silly Miltank

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: June 07, 2024 @755.50 »

For the past 4 years I've been into the web revival, I've worked on my website in this certain way.

I'd get motivated to work on my website, and for the next few weeks I'd be designing and making the homepage and everything non-stop, and I'd add a few cool things to it and whatnot if I'm really feeling good. - But then that manic, ambitious motivation would eventually fizzle out! And for a couple months I'd just give up. Then I come back, I see what I made before, I'm not satisfied with it, so I scrap it and make a new design!

I know it's okay to take breaks and work on my site whenever I want, but I am not satisfied with this cycle. It doesn't line up of how I want to handle my site. I want to be more consistent with it. I want it to slowly evolve, with me casually finding myself writing and adding things to it whenever I have something interesting in mind.

I feel like many others here might have similar experiences, and I'm wondering how it is for you, and how you handle it, and if you have any advice for me here.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2024 @757.52 by Rowan » Logged

Quote from: melooon
you: Hello fridge, I would like the milk please :cheesy:
fridge: Ooo u look so pretty, lemmy order more onions from Amazon
you: wait no! :drat:
fridge: i love you so much i ordered onions!

Junebug
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Vanitas Vanitatum Omnia Vanitas

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Vanitas no Carte fanJoined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2024 @879.92 »

If I were in your shoes, I would interpret that behavior as a combination of not being willing to commit to design choices and a sign saying I need to turn web development into a habit.

I know very well the awful ups and downs of fickle motivation. In building my own website, the task seems so enormous sometimes, all the things I need to tweak and edit to make the site better. Sometimes I'm on a spree editing my CSS stylesheet fixing all the dumb proportion issues I see or making reality some more interesting, more ambitious layout. Other times I never do anything for months, and I hate myself for that because it's not for any good reason. I'm simply procrastinating. All I know is that the only thing that guarantees regularity in my life is if whatever I'm doing is an actual habit. Where I do have a rule for myself that I must do SOMETHING at a certain time of day, hell or high water. Or else, I'll easily excuse myself into being a useless potato who doesn't bother creating anything. And I feel regretful when that happens. :ozwomp:

I think what would help is if you committed to some kind of design for your site so you don't end up scrapping it when you get dissatisfied. That way you're forced to improve what's already there. It's true what they say, starting is always the hardest part. So I think not restarting so much will help you keep working, because then there'd be some kind of continuity to look back on.

My preferred programming language is AutoHotKey.

"What you thought was a given was in reality a product of miracles."

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (1)

Keeping motivation to code?

Started by dotmidiBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 6
Views: 796
Last post February 06, 2023 @772.11
by Commodorn

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi