Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @79.56 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 21/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 921.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :skull: Websites are like whispers in the night  :skull:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  © ∙ Music Room
| | | |-+  HiFi Stereos?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: HiFi Stereos?  (Read 337 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« on: June 08, 2024 @705.88 »

Today I received this lump of 1993 delivered to my doorstep by a family member who was otherwise taking it to the dump! It turns on just fine, but the CD drive is skipping and the tape belts have perished, so its actually pretty useless  :tongue: But it adds a very 90s vibe to my room AND it was the stereo we had when I was small (its gone on a long journey and ended up back with me??) - the speakers still rattle because I used to enjoy putting coins in the subwoofer vents.

Anyway, it made me wonder about hifi stereos - do people still have them? Do you have one?

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
sibusen
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Failed graphic designer

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: sibu7

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2024 @973.52 »

I love stereos!!! I bought this Kenwood amplifier from the early 80s but unfortunately it stopped working as it didn't survive a house/country move.

Also got some these cute, very reasonably priced Wharfedale speakers on ebay.

Now just need to learn how to solder so that I can repair that amp. Or just buy a new one...
« Last Edit: June 09, 2024 @975.58 by sibusen » Logged
DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I FOUND A PONEH

⛺︎ My Room
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Bred :320% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2024 @114.70 »

Today I received this lump of 1993 delivered to my doorstep by a family member who was otherwise taking it to the dump! It turns on just fine, but the CD drive is skipping and the tape belts have perished, so its actually pretty useless  :tongue: But it adds a very 90s vibe to my room AND it was the stereo we had when I was small (its gone on a long journey and ended up back with me??) - the speakers still rattle because I used to enjoy putting coins in the subwoofer vents.

Anyway, it made me wonder about hifi stereos - do people still have them? Do you have one?

Yeah i have one, its actually pretty nice. It was also from the dump funnily enough, but my papa found it and brought it back to me on december 2 years back. The first ever tapes i recorded on it was this local radio station on new years. it was on these old chrome tapes that had a bit of mold on them but were mostly fine apart from pretty bad dropouts. They're Shape brand cassettes from maine

Heres what my record player looks like:

I love stereos!!! I bought this Kenwood amplifier from the early 80s but unfortunately it stopped working as it didn't survive a house/country move.

Also got some these cute, very reasonably priced Wharfedale speakers on ebay.

Now just need to learn how to solder so that I can repair that amp. Or just buy a new one...

Wait a minute your room reminds me of a certain someone...
techmoan?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2024 @116.71 by DiffydaDude » Logged

sibusen
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Failed graphic designer

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: sibu7

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2024 @469.29 »

No, sorry I just found these pics online because my non-functional amp is in a box waiting to be repaired now, so no pictures of my actual room...
nuclearblues
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Heaven is a very large and interesting place

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: nuclearblues
iMood: nuclearblues

View Profile WWW

Cassettes !Joined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2024 @984.57 »

I've been rocking a super eclectic stereo made up of various early-mid 80s budget model components which I like to call "mid-fi". I'd love to upgrade someday but it works excellently for my purposes at present (mostly recording mixtapes and playing my very modest record collection). the highlight is definitely my technics m228x tape deck, which I've done a lot of various repairs on. I also run a 3.5mm jack to RCA cable from my laptop to run music videos off of and record mixtapes from my digital files. I also spend a lot of time cleaning cat hair out of the amplifier because someone has decided that it is the perfect location to take a nap... my cable management is also abysmal but nobody's perfect.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi