Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @91.16 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 20/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 909.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :skull: Websites are like whispers in the night  :skull:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  How did you decide on a forum signature?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: How did you decide on a forum signature?  (Read 1163 times)
swamptrogg
Casual Poster ⚓︎

aeugh?

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: June 13, 2024 @785.53 »

Just like the title says, how did you decide on your forum signature, and where did you get it? If you made it yourself, what went into creating it and what does it mean for you?

I was inspired by some gaia online forum signatures. I remember seeing someone using I think Frederick's crit quote and animation as their sig, and I think the Fire Emblem Awakening crit animations are really cool! Gangrel is my favorite, so I was able to get a screen recording of him critting, and then I also ripped the map sprites and animated his idle stance from the sprite sheet  :smile:

I'm curious to hear where other people made or found their signatures- I've seen game quotes, wiki userboxes, blinkies, and custom gif sigs, and I'd love to let people showcase them here! :seal:

CaffeinatedElf
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Lover of caffeine

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2024 @824.88 »

I made my signature with a button from this buttom maker found here and then just a few words describing my title of Lord of chaos/Baron of death, and places you can find me with a link to my website (under construction).

Lord of chaos, Baron of death (sometimes)
Located behind your local coffee shop's dumpster or energy drink bottling plant run off
Sometimes also found here
Dibs
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Save the cheerleader, save the world!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2024 @858.44 »

I found the buttons on my signature from god knows where -- given the demographic of the indie web, it shouldn't be surprising that 17776 and Hypnospace fans are everywhere here, so they were not a difficult find -- I know many other people of the forums have at least one of them somewhere.

The little twinkles I made myself to use as a hover-cursor on the space-themed section of my website (WIP) but they look cute and are small so I decided to whack them in to fit the 'Clear Skies!', which is the 'good luck!' of the astronomy world. A lecturer put this on a slide once and I thought it was very cool, so I wanted to put it in my signature.

Clear Skies!
dirtnap

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2024 @881.26 »

sorry no gifs or anything. my "no js no shoes no problem" was sort of an accident.

i use noscript, set to whitelist. this seems like the place to define myself as existing in a frontend-scriptless web, so originally my sig was just going to say "no javascript" and then that phrase automatically completed itself. it flowed naturally.

while i don't define myself through not wearing shoes (to me it's ordinary), i've found most people define me through it.

so, it worked out quite well.

ripping the sprites yourself rather than finding them online is a degree dedication i appreciate.

no js no shoes no problem
Absentmind
Full Member ⚓︎

Hanging out, havin' a punt

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Smashing Pumpkins Live June 2024 !First 1000 Members!Café ClubJoined 2022!
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2024 @917.23 »

Mine is my Runescape stats, I used to use this signature back in the day on RuneScape related forums!

Sorry for my rude username  :evil:

DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I FOUND A PONEH

⛺︎ My Room
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Bred :320% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2024 @934.32 »

I saw that people were using these cool reflective user bars and i was like "thats pretty cool", so i found a bunch of userbars i liked and stuck em in my sig so now its very awesome

Memory
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2024 @965.35 »

No signature.

In my opinon, the stuff people have in their signature belongs on their profile pages. It's additional information about them, that has nothing to do with the thread at all. For me, readability is better without signatures, and fortuneatly there is an option in this board settings to hide them. And the pages load faster as well, sigh!
starbreaker
Sr. Member ⚓︎

What good is Heaven if we dare not storm it?

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2024 @80.91 »

I'm curious to hear where other people made or found their signatures- I've seen game quotes, wiki userboxes, blinkies, and custom gif sigs, and I'd love to let people showcase them here! :seal:

I recently changed mine because I had realized that the link to my site's button was broken, so I took the opportunity to add a hopeful refrain from an old song called "Phenomenon" by UK prog metal band THRESHOLD, from their 2002 album Critical Mass.

glitterpigeon
Full Member ⚓︎

And there's a blue like where the urban angels go

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: glitterpigeon

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2024 @292.41 »

blinkies i like, somewhat related to pigeons sometimes, + pigeons will save the world which is from the song peace & love by cluppo!

also there's skitty in there now because that's who I got in pokemon mystery dungeon!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2024 @677.30 by glitterpigeon » Logged

pigeons will save the world!!!
georgemoody
Jr. Member ⚓︎

To Tux or not to Tux, that is the question

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: georgemoody
iMood: georgemoody
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

moodyFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2024 @791.76 »

it's what i put in any bio that i find, i'm not one to shy away from the truth

I have no idea what I’m doing.
arcus
Jr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: arcus

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2024 @453.43 »

I used to make banners for my forum signatures back in the late 2000s, mainly using Touhou fanart (which I had no idea you weren't supposed to do without permission.) It was a stepping stone into learning Photoshop and digital art.

I never understood how people made ones with fractals in them. I thought those looked the coolest.

Since this forum is going for a nostalgic theme, I figured it would be fun excuse to make a banner after all these years, finally using fractals.

I used Apophysis to generate the fractals, a free to use render for the dots of light, and Krita for everything else. The art is Lobotomy Corp Remnant Faust from Limbus Company. I'm going to make a new banner eventually, since I do not like Project Moon's management.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2024 @456.12 by arcus » Logged

MrsMoe
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2024 @133.39 »

I literally just searched up some old school deviantart stamps and blinkies for things I like on tumblr lol. I've always been a fan of blogs dedicated to webcore and nostalgiacore, so those have been really helpful with finding ancient internet creations.

PurpleHello98
Full Member ⚓︎

'Cause I'm your girl, hold me baby <3

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: purplehello98

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2024 @701.85 »

I looked through a bunch of userbars I had downloaded, and decided to use the one I felt was most pertinent to myself! I also put in a button for some favourite things---my site, my favourite k-pop group and, of course, Neocities. To round it off, I noticed a lot of people have quotes in their siggies, so I chose a quote from one of my favourite books, North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell. I may change it eventually, though, as I feel like I could've chosen a better quote, but it's been long enough since I read the novel that I don't remember many quotes.

"...And we are not angels, to be comforted by seeing the means for which everything is sent."
-Elizabeth Gaskell, Wives and Daughters

Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Misanthropic
PicMix: BitterGoblin

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice!bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2024 @793.66 »

I just wanted a bunch of lil gifs that expressed my interests in a vague and quick way! That was basically my thought process, then I found a bunch of gifs pertaining to certain things I love!

arsenicCatnip

Big Big Worm is Wriggling With Glee!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2024 @827.33 »

One of my favourite songs by Tiny Tim :-]]

Sipping strawberry tea...beaming love into me...eternally........
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Forum feature requests and Ideas

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 279
Views: 28045
Last post September 07, 2024 @123.48
by larvapuppy
xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Replies: 0
Views: 6383
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Replies: 2
Views: 3903
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi