Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @76.84 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 21/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 924.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ✎ ∙ Art Crafting
| | |-+  darning/mending

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: darning/mending  (Read 237 times)
glitterpigeon
Full Member ⚓︎

And there's a blue like where the urban angels go

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: glitterpigeon

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: June 14, 2024 @379.56 »

ive been darning socks soo much. ive done like 20/30 socks now? im obsessed with it, sometimes I barely want to do anything else do you guys like to darn/mend things? do you have pictures of any cool mending you have done? i love objects, I feel the need to honour their lives, you know? objects sort of feel like creatures to me.

pigeons will save the world!!!
Dibs
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Save the cheerleader, save the world!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!Joined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2024 @509.46 »

I've gotta learn how to darn. Recently I've been wearing out all of my shoes and socks at the back of my ankle for some reason, so getting my (still not that old!) socks back up and running would make me feel less bad about whatever the hell gait problems are causing it.

Clear Skies!
TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2024 @672.26 »

Oh hey, I just recently made a blog post about this! Mending Day

I love mending items, both the act itself and getting more wear out of my things. Usually I don't catch the socks until they're too far gone, but I'm forever patching pants and favorite shirts. When they're too ratty to patch anymore, they get recycled into patches for new clothes.

Clothing is so cheap these days that they're not meant to last nearly as long and it drives me bonkers. I try to get better pieces when I can, but being able to fix them is helpful either way.

There's also https://www.reddit.com/r/Visiblemending/ where likeminded folks go to post pics and ask for tips.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi