Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @166.40 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 17/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 834.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :eyes: ~ Inconvenience is counterculture ~ :eyes:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  Worst video game you've ever played?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Worst video game you've ever played?  (Read 1093 times)
Zombiethederg
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Just surfin. Dont mind me!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Purple Butterfly - to match your purple avatar!Joined 2024!
« on: June 14, 2024 @743.51 »

Whats a game you all were excited to try, only to find it was actually really, really bad / not to your liking?

For me, it was a lil game called Terracards, which was all about building farms on small islands using cards, and spending coins to spawn crops and make products.. Ive played it for a bit, but the whole production chain + crops thing was just far too much.. cards dont exactly have text that tell you how each crop works. Some need water, fuel, other crops, some crops get debuffed if another is nearby. Its a whole mess, and I wanted to like it! But I had a hard time doing so.

PfP art by Bunbubbletea on Fiverr
Icey!
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Any/All

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pro Bug Finder!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2024 @822.49 »

Perhaps some very obscure Scratch project made by some 9 year old about a decade ago? :seal:

Although that would not be a very fair thing to judge, you need to make mistakes first in order to learn how to make something better. Not exactly sure where I am going with this, but I think maybe instead of pointing out the worst of what you played, maybe we can learn how it could be done better and create something inspired from that?

The game you listed had a pretty interesting concept but just had a poor execution of it's ideas. Perhaps someone developer could learn from the game's mistakes and create something actually decent?

:ozwomp: my beloved

Scootarooni
Jr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: scootarooni
iMood: scootarooni

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2024 @870.41 »

Fantasy Life for the 3DS. I remember watching a streamer I liked at the time play it on release and it looked interesting, so I bought it for myself! Aaaaaand I hated it :sad: It's been ages since I touched it, so I can't recall exactly what made me quit, but I think it was just very boring. (my apologies to any fantasy life fans ; w ; )

Dibs
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Save the cheerleader, save the world!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!Joined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2024 @977.00 »

Fantasy Life for the 3DS. I remember watching a streamer I liked at the time play it on release and it looked interesting, so I bought it for myself! Aaaaaand I hated it :sad: It's been ages since I touched it, so I can't recall exactly what made me quit, but I think it was just very boring. (my apologies to any fantasy life fans ; w ; )

I love Fantasy Life, but the experience is very dependent on what profession you choose. Personally I enjoy the artisan careers and haven't tried anything like the chef or fisher... I remember some of the combat ones being a little dull because so much of the traversal across the maps require combat anyway, it makes everything a bit samey. It's not the most wild and in-depth game out there since it is ultimately made to fit on the 3DS and I imagine a lot of space is given to supporting so many professions, but I had a great time with it. I can very much understand getting bored with it though!

Worst game I've ever played? Bolt for the DS; it's a tie-in for the Disney film and the ads for this version of the game are what got me to watch the film in cinemas when I was like... five. I loved the film and scratched the disc to hell, but I never got the game until... this year! I found it in CEX for £3 so I thought, what the hell, and bought it. It is atrocious. Very cheap, very crunchy. The music is bad 'cause they can't use John Powell's incredible score. Everything combined can barely be classed as entertainment. Still, I enjoy having it on my little bookshelf for the world to see.

Clear Skies!
starbreaker
Sr. Member ⚓︎

What good is Heaven if we dare not storm it?

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2024 @397.52 »

It's still Clive Barker's Jericho. Though Genshin Impact is close.

garystu
Jr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2024 @412.85 »

Classics of Bad: Superman 64, Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing, Plumbers Don't Wear Ties, ET, Custer's Revenge, Action 52, Takashi's Challenge. I sought out these games because of their infamy, and yeah, its deserved.

Big Rigs is funny bad enough to be kinda worth trying, although I'm sure there's 1000000 asset flips doing its shtick now.

Plumbers Don't Wear Ties is free on Youtube, if you're bored and want to watch some really bad slideshows, the annotation system it used broke but somebody provided the choice links in the video description.

Takashi's Challenge is a really interesting game. It's very bad, but there's a lot of context surrounding it. I wonder why nobody ever made a funny Youtube video about it, somebody should get on that.
Spoiler
I am ignoring a certain elephant in the room, as a bit
Spoiler
the bit is that there is an extremely popular Youtube video about Takashi's Challenge but its made by some racist loser
Spoiler
but if you're hungry for Takashi's Challenge #Content, the Game Center CX episode is good
[close]
[close]
[close]

Anyway, just trust the reviewers on the rest.

Biggest Disappointment: Luigi's Mansion. I don't think its like Objectively Bad TM, but it was a lot more mediocre than I was expecting. It fell below my expectations of a flagship Nintendo title at the time.

Fun but buggy: The Sims 2 DS. I don't understand people who talk about this one like its a classic or a gem, its only mediocre and filled with obvious bugs and glitches. They're kind of fun and funny though, but I still think the game is bad.

Objectively Bad TM: The Powerpuff Girls - Battle Him. Shitty licensed game with slippery controls and confusing maps.

I've never played a bad game after I left my tween years apparently - Must have been when I got an internet connection lol. Life's too short to suffer through bad games. I reached the age where if it sucked I could hit the bricks and play something else, and I had the technology to play a lot of games for free.

Controversial and buggy but idk I liked it: Pokemon Violet. Yeah. I LIKED it. I'm not defending it from the criticisms, and agree with a lot of them, but it was fun idk. It's also got a lot of good things in it. I'm just glad Pokemon is taking some breathing room.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2024 @637.44 by garystu » Logged

gazafunds.com | Daily click for Palestine

xoxoxoxoxoxo
Signature Graphic ^^^ Credits
[close]
xoxoxoxoxoxo

dote

donut police officer but aaaactualy a weasel

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2024 @625.71 »

100% Angry Squirrel which I got for free as a gift. Its basically a platformer collector asset flip where you play as a squirrel and have to collect nuts to open the door to the nut house :ohdear:

Zombiethederg
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Just surfin. Dont mind me!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Purple Butterfly - to match your purple avatar!Joined 2024!
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2024 @757.84 »

It's still Clive Barker's Jericho. Though Genshin Impact is close.

God, I remember watching a video essay on Clive Barkers Jericho... I think there were some neat ideas there, but the execution was... WHOOF, to say the least

PfP art by Bunbubbletea on Fiverr
glitterpigeon
Full Member ⚓︎

And there's a blue like where the urban angels go

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: glitterpigeon

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2024 @925.22 »

the silver tree! i was really obsessed with fallen london/failbetter games a while back and found out that they had made another game, set in the same universe, that almost no one talked about??? this is because the game is awful. it's really bad. so many things about it are miserable to play. they basically saw the success of fallen london and went "let's take all the good parts of this game and make a game that is just the bad parts! this will go well!" it is extremely grindy. the game is like 90% grinding. it is incredibly tedious. there is not very much actual content there. the writing is pretty good, Ill give it that, and some of the paywalled bonus content (which is now free to play btw) is kind of fun? but it's very hard to appreciate it with everything else going on. the game is also on this browser game hosting platform that failbetter seems to have invested a lot into thinking it was going to be this big thing, that failed pretty quickly? but I'm forgetting. a lot of what the deal with that was.

pigeons will save the world!!!
Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Misanthropic
PicMix: BitterGoblin

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice!bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2024 @760.86 »

There are a few examples, but the one that immediately comes to mind is Spore - Will Wright promised far too much that was simply not delivered. It had so much potential but just... never amounted to much of a game.

Diablo 3 also I suppose.

soapfriendo
Jr. Member ⚓︎

soap, it/they

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: soapfriendo

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2024 @64.25 »

bandori, it's one of those mobile rhythm games with gambling and anime girls and that along with discord's mudae bot are what got me to hate artificial scarcity so much

BlazingCobaltX
Full Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: blazingcobaltx

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2024 @728.00 »

AER: Memories of Old is janky as hell on the Switch and is generally very unclear about what you should be doing in case you get lost. A game like that is somehow originally priced €20, insane.
Capybara
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Large rodent

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: capybara

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2024 @795.34 »

I rented Superman 64 from Blockbuster as a kid. Enough said. I didn't have internet access or read gaming magazines with reviews, so I had to find out how bad it was the hard way. I associate the game with Slim Jims, because I was eating them while trying to maneuver Superman flying around into nothing... Painfully unfun and an overpriced doorstop.

zawieja
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Call me Ren!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Epic Cat AwardFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2024 @839.65 »

technically i don't try to make myself suffer with playing games i don't like anything about, but i will list two in particular since they took some of my free time:

1. danganronpa
It's... very hard for me to understand why people like this game  :ohdear: it keeps being recommended to me as I apparently like similar games in this genre, and I tried to get through first two parts, waiting for some sort of revelation "wow! that's why people like this game!" but it never came. There must be some reason why it has such a huge fanbase - it just wasn't made for me I suppose.

2. persona 2
after a lot of postponing it i finally got through it by watching a playthrough - and it was really really awesome in terms of story and characters! i loved it! but as a game, uhh, nope. i played some retro rpgs and none of them were painful to play on so many levels. which is a shame.

─── °∘❉∘° ───

─── °∘❉∘° ───
Uneuclid
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2024 @211.26 »

in terms of maybe the most disappointing game ive played, probably lego star wars the skywalker saga. the game just didnt live up to the hype and just had a lot of weird issues and design choices and content not present (such as character customization) that was present in older titles. the lack of post release content is also disappointing cuz all we got was on kinda major update and some meh character packs

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

MelonEngine - Mini Three.js Game Engine

Started by MelooonBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 1
Views: 2180
Last post February 22, 2022 @261.66
by ellievoyyd
Ozwomp's Voyage in Cyberspace - Video Project

Started by MelooonBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 3
Views: 2218
Last post December 06, 2021 @791.33
by Melooon
°˖ ✧-:game assets:・゚✧

Started by cinniBoard ✎ ∙ Art Crafting

Replies: 6
Views: 2221
Last post August 10, 2024 @53.38
by bugholder's epiphany

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi