Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @155.19 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 17/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 845.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: Love is not possession  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  Worst video game you've ever played?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Worst video game you've ever played?  (Read 1092 times)
orchid
Newbie ⚓︎

turn ur mental prison into a maze

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: orchidcnr
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2024 @526.74 »

i've played a lot of shitty games. some highlights i can think of are X-Kaliber 2097 (SNES), Victorious: Taking the Lead (NDS), an unlicensed King James Bible (GB) (it was only bad because of the ridiculous epilepsy risk [yes, epilepsy risk on a bible]), an innumerable amount of shovelware kids games for the Game Boy family, Jaguar Bomber (Watara Supervision), some smurfs game on the ColecoVision, Marlboro Go (Atari Lynx) (yes the cigarettes). i could go on.

...i can't say i actually went into any of those expecting to enjoy them though. i remember going into Resident Evil 0 expecting to really like it, but i could just not get into it. this was also 5 years ago and i'm sure i'd love it now, but that's all i can think of :P

✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧ ✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧
MarcieBee
Casual Poster ⚓︎

{this personal text box intentionally left blank}

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2024 @762.93 »

When I was a kid I was obsessed with RollerCoaster Tycoon. I played 3 platinum and openRCT2 a bunch, followed the release of RCT World, Planet Coaster and Parkitect (I ended up playing Parkitect since it was the only thing my laptop could run lol.) I saw there was a semi-port of RCT3 on the 3DS, and I spent ages looking for it. For whatever reason it was one of the rare games that wasn't available on the eShop, so if I couldn't find a physical copy I wasn't playing it. It took years and years until I finally found a copy at a retro gaming store in my college town. I used some trade in credit to get that and Final Fantasy 7 at the same time (because why not) and when I got home to play it it was... horrible! The controls, the mechanics, coaster building, interface, everything was awful. I returned it quick, even as a token of fulfilled childhood wants it wasn't worth it. As for Final Fantasy 7, it's one of my favorite games of all time, but it's no RCT 3DS.

I still haven't tried ThrillVille, I know thats a similar concept and it got a release on the original DS. I think BullFrog's Theme Park also got a rerelease on the handheld but don't quote me at that.

Don't sweat it, it's just the internet!
greyskieshappymind
Casual Poster ⚓︎

✩₊˚.⋆her⋆⁺₊✧

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Lego Bionicle !Joined 2024!
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2024 @577.34 »

I recently started playing Venetica, an RPG so entrenched in infantilisation that the only reason I'm playing is to see if I can do an "evil" route, but even that is dependent on whether the 0 that is my starting reputation can go negative or if people are just gonna be unenthusiastic to my general presence.

Here's what I've experienced so far: You play as Violet, an orphan, the old woman who took you in is angry that you dare ask about your parents. Assassins are sent after you, the town blames you and two villagers try to kill you. You survive because you're the "daughter of death" and you can resurrect yourself, which doesn't save Violet from being down for the count for whatever the town throws her way. (So far) at least the game doesn't make Violet "the chosen one", rather her existence herself is a threat to the antagonist, but nothing about this world gives Violet a compelling reason to actually be the one who takes him down.

For an example of the incredible writing, the first moral choice moment has you reading a man's last will out to his two grown nephews and choosing between honesty "it goes to the one who wants to build a brothel", or lying that "it goes to the one who wants to build an orphanage for all those orphans". Despite immediately after directly referencing the fact that Violet is the ONLY ONE in the village with no family.

If I had gotten this game any other way than free from GOG I would sob.

"You're limiting the universe to only things humans can understand."
"Well you're limiting the universe by limiting the possibility of human understanding."
"Oh yeah... maybe."
- Over the Garden Wall, episode 9, 06:50-06:59

candycanearter07
Full Member ⚓︎

i like slimes

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: candycanearter
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!Artsy Candy CaneJoined 2024!
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2024 @609.36 »

I did the Back 4 Blood playtest waay back in the day, and hated it. Still got it in my library, and I'm glad I never bought the full game.

Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam was genuinely the worst M&L game bc of it being infected by Sticker Star and I hated it as a kid. Dream Team was way better, but I had it digitally on my small original 3DS, while Paper Jam was on cartridge..

Oh, and Sonic Forces. That was probably worse bc I played it on switch.

new to oldnet be nice

Seraphim
Casual Poster

It's dangerous to go alone! Take this.

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2024 @302.88 »

AER: Memories of Old is janky as hell on the Switch and is generally very unclear about what you should be doing in case you get lost. A game like that is somehow originally priced €20, insane.

You are the first person I have ever seen who has also played AER!! I had a very similar experience. It was just unpleasant to play, and I remember being so sad that the flying felt so bad and unsatisfying.

In addition to that, I really have come to have a less love/mostly hate relationship with Persona 4. I think its gameplay and music are very good, definitely the most enjoyable parts of that game and good entries in the legacy of the persona games. But I have never seen a game so thoroughly not deliver on any of its narrative promises. Pretty much every character has an unsatisfying end in my opinion, reverting to where they were before everything built up throughout the game. Or it didn't commit to the natural conclusion of the its explorations of queer characters in Kanji and Naoto. And everyone I have ever met has loved the story and characters, much to my bafflement.

Digimon Survivors also lives on my list for much of the same reasons. The characters are really hard to sit through, and the gameplay in Survivors got very repetitive very quickly.

:drat:
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

MelonEngine - Mini Three.js Game Engine

Started by MelooonBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 1
Views: 2180
Last post February 22, 2022 @261.66
by ellievoyyd
Ozwomp's Voyage in Cyberspace - Video Project

Started by MelooonBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 3
Views: 2218
Last post December 06, 2021 @791.33
by Melooon
°˖ ✧-:game assets:・゚✧

Started by cinniBoard ✎ ∙ Art Crafting

Replies: 6
Views: 2221
Last post August 10, 2024 @53.38
by bugholder's epiphany

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi