Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @82.41 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 21/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 918.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  © ∙ Music Room
| | | |-+  Sony walkman: 3rd time's the charm

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sony walkman: 3rd time's the charm  (Read 174 times)
DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I FOUND A PONEH

⛺︎ My Room
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Bred :320% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: July 02, 2024 @820.10 »

So a couple days ago my new and serviced Sony Walkman arrived in the mail from a seller up in Ohio, and this is the 3rd walkman that I've owned so far, the 2nd one was a recording walkman that was like a mix of a Sony Walkman and TCP recorder, and I broke that when i tried to adjust the speed with a full size screwdriver, and the 1st one was a 2000s era walkman which arrived in the mail and got its belt snapped when i put my "The Power" cassingle in there which runs slow cuz it needs lube.
Lemme tell y'all a lil more about this thing. It's a WM-FX141, and it's a really basic walkman. It has AVLS (Auto Volume Limiting System), it has AM and FM, it has a high/low switch, it has an "anti-rolling" mechanism which im not sure what it's supposed to do? I think it stops the spools from rolling around. Overall it's the most walkmany walkman i've ever walkmaned. It's not my recording walkman, nor is it a Walkman Professional, nor is it some crazy cool walkman with a dual tape mech or hifi capabilities or any of that biz, it's literally just a Walkman. But man ever if $40 + $8 is overkill for something like this, I feel like it's worth it cuz it has new belts and everything, so it's not gonna have those speed issues or anything, and it sounds good and I feel comfortable actually listening to my tapes cuz it doesnt feel like it might implode at any second. I actually made a mixtape in anticipation of this walkman arriving, and it has a bunch of 2000s rave hits, but the only problem was I recorded it by plugging my 8 track to cassette adapter into my hifi, plugging my cassette to MP3 adapter in there, plugging it into the CD player, and recording it that way, and BOYYY it is so jank. The sound is louder in one ear because of oxidization, and theres this loud hum every time it goes quiet, so I got a scosche branded FM transmitter for 12 dollars so now I can record my mixtapes with pretty much perfect quality.
If y'all have any cool walkmen or portable tape or CD players to show off, y'all're welcome to post em here. Also show of y'alls mixtapes of whatever junk y'all listen to.

* 20240702_141240 (Medium).jpg (106.64 kB, 1024x768 - viewed 14 times.)

* 20240702_141505 (Medium).jpg (120.77 kB, 1024x768 - viewed 12 times.)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Theme Poll - Do you like the forum theme?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 18
Views: 6614
Last post August 31, 2024 @266.71
by greyskieshappymind
MelonLand Vivaldi Theme ♡

Started by MelooonBoard ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects

Replies: 6
Views: 2131
Last post March 05, 2023 @376.64
by doubleincision
A game that you have played a million times?

Started by KikoBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 57
Views: 4826
Last post December 25, 2023 @106.72
by alexela64

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi