Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @177.81 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 17/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 823.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Strange alien clown popping thing

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Strange alien clown popping thing  (Read 313 times)
Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Misanthropic
PicMix: BitterGoblin

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice!bugpostingJoined 2024!
« on: July 03, 2024 @833.73 »

I recently acquired a PANIC PETE squisher toy which has elated me to momentary happiness, it's something I've been fascinated with my entire life as I've seen reference to this thing in all kinds of media from old movies to cartoons to video games from as far back as the '80s... yet I'd never seen one irl!

I feel like the most popular version I saw referenced throughout the years was the ARCHIE MCPHEE iteration. Some kind soul was amazing enough to create a website showcasing the entire documented history of this thing, which you can see here: The Jo-Bo Database - it's so much fun to see how this thing evolved over the years from it's first initial concept.   

I was wondering if anyone here ever owned one of these things and if so which variant did you have (and do you still have it?) Have you also seen this thing referenced throughout popular culture? Were you like me and wondered what the heck it was whilst being deeply fascinated with its design?

I love the otherworldly design of each incarnation, it feels like it got progressively more clownified as time went on and I am more than cool with that stylistic choice!

MrsMoe
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2024 @139.98 »

I've never owned any of these things, but this dude looks neat! Sort of looks like a weird clown-based alien species (y'know, like Killer Klowns).

Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice!bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2024 @695.79 »

It's interesting you bring Killer Klowns into the convo because that concept was definitely conjured whenever I'd see this lil dude in media over the years. I have a very focused interest and obsession with the concept of clowns being actual creatures/aliens and all their clowny attributes being part of their species/culture. I love that idea so much that it influences a lot of things I love and draw.

So yeah I totally agree, I love how this thing looks like some sort of otherworldly clown entity.  :ozwomp:  It's exciting to me that you see it that way too!

MrsMoe
Full Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2024 @191.40 »

It's interesting you bring Killer Klowns into the convo because that concept was definitely conjured whenever I'd see this lil dude in media over the years. I have a very focused interest and obsession with the concept of clowns being actual creatures/aliens and all their clowny attributes being part of their species/culture. I love that idea so much that it influences a lot of things I love and draw.

So yeah I totally agree, I love how this thing looks like some sort of otherworldly clown entity.  :ozwomp:  It's exciting to me that you see it that way too!

I'm also really fascinated by the idea of clowns being their own separate species! One of my OCs (Jeckle) was born out of that fascination. He's a shapeshifting lizard-like creature who takes the form of one. I think in general it comes from the supposed "uncanny" effect most people get from clowns. They have makeup emphasizing and exaggerating their emotions but that's what makes them seem so....off to most people. In general, I love creatures that are human-esque but aren't actually quite human (vampires, angels, skeletons, etc).

Nikodile
Jr. Member ⚓︎

loosey goosey

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2024 @797.18 »

A memory has been unlocked because of this thread. I remember seeing these things around sparsely when I was younger but never knew what they were called.

Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2024 @28.15 »

I'm also really fascinated by the idea of clowns being their own separate species! One of my OCs (Jeckle) was born out of that fascination. He's a shapeshifting lizard-like creature who takes the form of one. I think in general it comes from the supposed "uncanny" effect most people get from clowns. They have makeup emphasizing and exaggerating their emotions but that's what makes them seem so....off to most people. In general, I love creatures that are human-esque but aren't actually quite human (vampires, angels, skeletons, etc).

Yes absolutely I feel the same way!

Do you have any pics of Jeckle you'd care to share here? I'm interested to see other people's clowny critters!

A memory has been unlocked because of this thread. I remember seeing these things around sparsely when I was younger but never knew what they were called.

Hehe yes, this was totally it for me when I was younger, I'd see these referenced on TV and in movies and I'd never know what they were. I got the jist that they were some sort of stress relief toy but never understood what they were - I just knew that their otherworldly design appealed to me greatly!

MrsMoe
Full Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2024 @136.70 »

Yes absolutely I feel the same way!

Do you have any pics of Jeckle you'd care to share here? I'm interested to see other people's clowny critters!

I've already shared this art on a different thread about our OCs, but I guess it doesn't hurt to share them twice. I must stress that this is my sister's art and not my own and that this design is a little outdated (he has a much more uncanny valley type design in my head now)

Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2024 @829.87 »

Oh I love the design! Your sister did a great job bringing them to life! (I apologise for making you repost, I've not checked the OCs thread for a little bit, though I am planning on sharing some of my own OCs in it as soon as I get the time/motivation!!)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Things you've overheard?

Started by DoctorScreechBoard ⚚ ∙ Life on Earth!

Replies: 14
Views: 2680
Last post August 29, 2024 @503.82
by candycanearter07
Tiny things, a topic for tiny things

Started by MelooonBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 18
Views: 4098
Last post August 23, 2023 @886.10
by Memory
Weird/peculiar things you do when drawing

Started by DarmodejBoard ✎ ∙ Art Crafting

Replies: 15
Views: 3151
Last post September 09, 2023 @764.76
by bingus_baby

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi