Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @99.54 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 19/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 901.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Post Greetings Here!
| | | |-+  Heyoo, people of the internet-

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Heyoo, people of the internet-  (Read 321 times)
NinAcTi0N
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Goofy birb online, that's about it :p

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« on: July 07, 2024 @660.12 »

Hello there, fellow netizens and neocitizens! I'm NinAcTi0N, but I can be called Nina for short. I'm just a goofy webmaster who's been on Neocities for 2 years, and I have been longing for a nice place where I could enjoy my web design hobby and my passion for art!  :defrag:

This is my website if you're interested in checking out what I got so far (I'm still overhauling certain pages, like my about and my gallery, but you can browse it just fine) - https://ninacti0n.neocities.org

You can find other links in it too! Mainly to art things.

It's slowly growing to be your standard website with some quirky interactive bits and bobs, even with a bit of lore and silly characters to meet (apart from my sona lol).

I've currently been building some other things for it, but behind the scenes :ok: Stuff that's meant to be fun! It's been a really fun journey so far, apart from the burnout, but I'm having some great ideas as I let stuff marinate in my brain juice xD

Well, that's it for now! I see you peeps around!  :mail:

tetrisk
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2024 @679.34 »

Oh hey! Welcome!  :ozwomp:

Here, take a melon as a welcome gift:  :melon:
NinAcTi0N
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2024 @734.86 »

Oh hey! Welcome!  :ozwomp:

Here, take a melon as a welcome gift:  :melon:

Shucks, I only saw that now x'] Heyoo!! Also thanks for the melon- *CHOMP*  :melon:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2024 @844.91 by NinAcTi0N » Logged

Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Misanthropic
PicMix: BitterGoblin

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice!bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2024 @739.33 »

I am honestly inlove with your site, I can't get enough of it. I love your OC/persona too! You mentioned you love angular shapes visually, I assume that goes for character designs also? I think you'd love Zooble (if you don't know of them already)

They're from one of my fave things - The Amazing Digital Circus!

NinAcTi0N
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2024 @755.28 »

I am honestly inlove with your site, I can't get enough of it. I love your OC/persona too! You mentioned you love angular shapes visually, I assume that goes for character designs also? I think you'd love Zooble (if you don't know of them already)

They're from one of my fave things - The Amazing Digital Circus!

Awww, this is super sweet of you, thank you so much!! Nin is a funky persona, that's for sure ^^ She's a kite creature known as a kiteflem, living at the Papercut Islands!

And heck ye! Angular character designs are my bread and butter honestly. I just enjoy looking at all that sharpness and funky vibes! I also enjoy Digital Circus myself- Zooble has such a funky design, together with Caine, Pomni and the rest of the gang. I'm excited for more of the show too!

« Last Edit: July 07, 2024 @845.12 by NinAcTi0N » Logged

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2024 @759.46 »

Hellooooo; I know your site well from Neocities :grin: Yours is one of the key sites of what I'd consider the 4th generation of neocities! ~ e.g. people who make extremely high quality cohesive designs centered around original artworks :ozwomp:

I'm super impressed by your work; I hope u enjoy the forum :ha:

P.S. Id love to hear more about how you do ur pixel art! Its high-res yet pixely, I feel like that would take ages if you paint it per-pixel??  :omg:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Misanthropic
PicMix: BitterGoblin

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice!bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2024 @762.37 »

Awww, this is super sweet of you, thank you so much!! Nin is a funky persona, that's for sure ^^ She's a kite creature known as a kiteflem, living at the Papercut Islands!

And heck ye! Angular character designs are my bread and butter honestly. I just enjoy looking at all that sharpness and funky vibes! I also enjoy Digital Circus myself- Zooble has such a funky design, together with Caine, Pomni and the rest of the gang. I'm excited for more of the show too!

I love the idea of the kiteflem and their world! Very cool! You inspire me to want to share my OCs and their worlds but I've always felt weird about sharing my characters (and I have a lot of them living in my head)  :mark:

Aaaah you do know of Digital Circus!! That is so cool! I am SUPER excited to see what happens next... Zooble is my favorite character, I just love their abstract existence and their overall aesthetic! 

NinAcTi0N
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2024 @778.97 »

Hellooooo; I know your site well from Neocities :grin: Yours is one of the key sites of what I'd consider the 4th generation of neocities! ~ e.g. people who make extremely high quality cohesive designs centered around original artworks :ozwomp:

I'm super impressed by your work; I hope u enjoy the forum :ha:

P.S. Id love to hear more about how you do ur pixel art! Its high-res yet pixely, I feel like that would take ages if you paint it per-pixel??  :omg:

I… ohh, I can barely state how flattered I am right now… AAAAA THANK YOU SO MUCH!!  :mark:

Your compliments legit made my WHOLE day!! I would’ve never expected my work to represent part of a generation within the Neocities scope, it’s… something so crazy for me to think about!  :ozwomp:

I was just trying to make a fun place for me on the web, and that more people could find fun too :’] A place for all my projects, experiments and characters to shine, and I can barely believe 2 years have passed already!

I also joined this forum with the excitement to share a bit of what I’ve been cooking, and enjoy the process of crafting a web corner. It’s sure to be a great vibe ^^

Oh! And lastly- I might make a post where I show a bit on how I do my pixelated stuff! It’ll be fun to explain some of it-  :grin:

zawieja
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Call me Ren!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Epic Cat AwardFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2024 @879.88 »

Welcome to the forum! Good to have you around  :transport:

I've already mentioned it on neocities once before, but your website is suuuper inspiring, just as is your art - your use of shapes and colors is spectacular. I'm also eager to know how you make your pixelated art! It reminds me of some of old point and click games a lot.

─── °∘❉∘° ───

─── °∘❉∘° ───
NinAcTi0N
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2024 @972.62 »

Welcome to the forum! Good to have you around  :transport:

I've already mentioned it on neocities once before, but your website is suuuper inspiring, just as is your art - your use of shapes and colors is spectacular. I'm also eager to know how you make your pixelated art! It reminds me of some of old point and click games a lot.

Ayy, thank you!! It still means a whole lot you think so  :4u: I'm still experimenting a lot with my own aesthetic, so it's wild people are liking it so far x]

I remember yours too, I remember finding the retro visuals super charming! I still wanna mess with more simplified palettes and have fun in limitation more often, cause that's why I love low-poly modeling so much in the first place haha. Simple things with a challenge!

And lastly, it's nice you're excited for the post about how I pixel! :ok: I hope to have a nice time making it come to fruition, and hopefully my explanations won't be too chaotic :'D

zawieja
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Call me Ren!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2024 @665.97 »

Ayy, thank you!! It still means a whole lot you think so  :4u: I'm still experimenting a lot with my own aesthetic, so it's wild people are liking it so far x]

I remember yours too, I remember finding the retro visuals super charming! I still wanna mess with more simplified palettes and have fun in limitation more often, cause that's why I love low-poly modeling so much in the first place haha. Simple things with a challenge!

And lastly, it's nice you're excited for the post about how I pixel! :ok: I hope to have a nice time making it come to fruition, and hopefully my explanations won't be too chaotic :'D

I understand that feeling, I find myself experimenting with my own style a ton, and it's always nice to see people enjoy the changes.

Yay, I've been remembered! :D Setting up limitations for myself definitely helped me on my artistic journey! It's like your brain gets wired to work differently and create whole new ways of making art along the way. I hope it will provide to be helpful for you to do so too in some way.

Low-poly modeling is awesome! For example I love looking at animal models people can make with just simple shapes and yet you immediately know what it is  :omg:  I wanted to try it myself, but I have a hard time modeling regular things as it is. Maybe it's just me, but it feels like with 2D art, you need to have to have a good knowledge of the fundamentals first to simplify properly. Then again, low poly comes from an era when 3D was just very limited in general, so maybe just the right inspiration is needed.

─── °∘❉∘° ───

─── °∘❉∘° ───
NinAcTi0N
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2024 @683.53 »

I understand that feeling, I find myself experimenting with my own style a ton, and it's always nice to see people enjoy the changes.

Yay, I've been remembered! :D Setting up limitations for myself definitely helped me on my artistic journey! It's like your brain gets wired to work differently and create whole new ways of making art along the way. I hope it will provide to be helpful for you to do so too in some way.

Low-poly modeling is awesome! For example I love looking at animal models people can make with just simple shapes and yet you immediately know what it is  :omg:  I wanted to try it myself, but I have a hard time modeling regular things as it is. Maybe it's just me, but it feels like with 2D art, you need to have to have a good knowledge of the fundamentals first to simplify properly. Then again, low poly comes from an era when 3D was just very limited in general, so maybe just the right inspiration is needed.

Heheh, yes you were! There's something I really like about the simplicity of Nokia-esque visuals, they remind me of my childhood with simpler phones. I'm hoping for the best that my art flourishes through the challenges I encounter lol!

And honestly, same here- I LOVE how people can reduce the poly count to a crazy amount and still have a recognizable model. I've been messing with it for 2 years-ish, I think... just making little compositions and experiments with it, having fun ^^

I feel the tip I could give you is that, to simplify something, like an animal or object, you gotta see it through cubes, cylinders, spheres or planes. Or look at it like some sort of papercraft! It was very complicated for me to grasp that at first, but it's one of those things that becomes second nature, specially when problem-solving gets tied to it.

I might post some of my 3D models here too  :ok:

Paprika
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time

⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!the one and only paprika!Giver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2024 @857.31 »

Oh wow ! I know you from NeoCities too ! Incredible stuff you make ! Suoer fan of your color palette and design, I wish I had 1% of your creativity ! Welcome to the Forum !
zawieja
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Call me Ren!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2024 @505.91 »

Heheh, yes you were! There's something I really like about the simplicity of Nokia-esque visuals, they remind me of my childhood with simpler phones. I'm hoping for the best that my art flourishes through the challenges I encounter lol!

And honestly, same here- I LOVE how people can reduce the poly count to a crazy amount and still have a recognizable model. I've been messing with it for 2 years-ish, I think... just making little compositions and experiments with it, having fun ^^

I feel the tip I could give you is that, to simplify something, like an animal or object, you gotta see it through cubes, cylinders, spheres or planes. Or look at it like some sort of papercraft! It was very complicated for me to grasp that at first, but it's one of those things that becomes second nature, specially when problem-solving gets tied to it.

I might post some of my 3D models here too  :ok:

Yep yep, I still love old phones - and simpler phones in general  :transport: I still use my old nokia sometimes when I want to have some rest from the smartphone era.

Weirdly enough i can simplify something in 2D, but 3D is a whole another level! It is probably something that you have to train your eye for. But comparing it to a papercraft is a very interesting take, I will see where that takes me.

And you should definitely share, I'm sure a lot of people will be interested to see it  :ha:

─── °∘❉∘° ───

─── °∘❉∘° ───
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi