Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 25, 2024 - @829.25 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 43/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions
| | |-+  -- Official Announcements! --

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: -- Official Announcements! --  (Read 4150 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« on: May 18, 2022 @446.06 »

ANNOUNCEMENTS

This topic is to accompany the news headlines above, forum changes and edits will be announced here from now on so we have a history of edits!

Replies are disabled but feel free to start a new topic if you want to discuss or debate anything announced here! :cheesy:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2022 @448.69 »

A new rule has been added: "Topics relating to internet drama and chans; or topics that create forum drama may be removed!"

In particular this related to anything on the internet causing drama, and also anything originating from the various chan sites that exist. Typically this kind of stuff is not pleasant or helpful to anyone, so I don't think it is good to have on here :ohdear:

Creating forum drama is a big more vague, but it basicly means don't create drama :omg:k: (We can figure that out on a case by case basis?)

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2022 @769.44 »

The Karma system has been removed! We also have new boards for clubs, writing, web life and a general board for the workshop :grin:

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2022 @450.52 »

A few minor updates to the forum rules!

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2022 @544.27 »

The MelonLand discord server has been discontinued, mainly because I don't go on Discord much these days and there are so many other discord groups for people; Id like to keep the focus here on slow long form communication :4u:

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2022 @612.56 »

Some re-orginisation has taken place - many posts moved between Life on the Web and General Interests - if your post is lost, check both! - I wanted to make Life on Web more dedicated to general discussions, and Interests more focused on specifics subjects.
Also Manga is now a part of the Writers Corner and manga topics should be moved there!

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2023 @84.87 »

:ozwomp: MAJOR RULES UPDATE :ozwomp:

Hi, its been over a year since I first wrote the forum rules and guidelines - we've gown a LOT since then, so I felt it was necessary to do a large revamp of them to make sure this space can remain the nice space it is going forward - Iv also had a few people asking me to make the rules easier to find, so they are now on a dedicated wiki page!

Please take a moment to re-familiarise yourself here: https://wiki.melonland.net/guidelines

For most of you there wont be any recognisable difference, however please pay attention anyway - the biggest change is how I'll be moderating links on the forum and in the surf-club - sites linked on the forum and in the surf-club must share the main principals we use on this forum - this was always an unspoken rule, but its now in writing! Please take a moment to think if your site is suitable and if your unsure send me a pm and we can discuss!

:unite:

Id also like to remind everyone to read the new guide explaining how to make moderation requests! https://forum.melonland.net/index.php?topic=839.0

Uggh, moderation is the worst part of my job here, so I hope this is the last we will have to deal with this for a while :ohdear: Once your done dealing with all these rules, please make yourself a cup of tea and do something nice, thats what Im gonna do now :melon:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2023 @878.30 by Melooon » Logged

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2023 @795.29 »

:ha: New FONTS :ha:

Welcome to some new fonts on the forum!

Wingdings
Pixel Basiic
Pixel Heart
Pixel Romance
Chicago
Cherrybomb

BlOx
Mrs Monster
Trash Hand
Flavors
Baby Doll
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023 @801.25 by Melooon » Logged

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2023 @116.64 »

Alert!

The forum E-Mail System is now functional! If you start reciving random emails from the forum let me know.. its never worked before so I have no idea what it might dooo!!!! (You can reset passwords, but it might also send you birthday greetings? I have no idea!)

:omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2023 @820.64 »

Hi all!

The forum now has a new category organisation system that I hope will be helpful for people! MANY topics have been moved to new sections - so please make sure to use the search system if you cant find your topic!

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2023 @116.09 »

There is a new secret hidden somewhere on the forum :wink:

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2023 @85.25 »

:ha: Forum Update BONANZA :ha:

For those of you just tuning in; this week has turned into an UPDATE BONANZA! Many new things have been added and many bugs have been fixed - some of you, I'm sure were following along, but if you're just joining us; here is a rundown of whats changed!

Please make sure to clear your cache because a lot has changed!

New Features:

• Brand new post editor - much easier and nicer to use than the old one! You can still use BBCode though!
  • Improved Quotes - you can now select text to quote (Im still working on this a bit)
  • Brand new Private Messaging system - Its actually nice to use now!
  • Liquid Crystal Cafe - this is our new shoutbox!
  • Drafts! - you can now save your posts as drafts and edit them later!
  • Webgardens can now render on the forum!

Fixes:
  • Profile Look & Layout bug is fixed
  • Cinni theme emotes/smilies now render better
  • Cinni theme has other small fixes
  • You can now see what thread your replying too.
  • Fixed some missing images and icons
  • Quick Reply now works in the MelonLand theme!! (its at the bottom)
  • All members now redirect back to topics when they post a reply.

Let me know if you have any issues, bug or just don't like something Iv changed :tongue: Enjoy!!

« Last Edit: February 05, 2023 @87.19 by Melooon » Logged

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2023 @985.95 »

Forum Profiles! :omg:

This is just a quick newsflash to let everyone know that Profiles have been upgraded on the forum - You'll find they look diffrent and have some new sections!! You can now add your own About Me and Interests sections; along with custom CSS on your profile (but its kinda buggy atm)

To get started with your new profile just click the "Ultimate Profile" tab under your regular "Forum profile" tab!

Also the Buddies System has been redone! I had to reset buddies while doing this so if you've lost a buddy dont worry! They dont hate you, you just need to re-add them :ozwomp:

ALSO in unrelated news - Vimeo embeds are working again!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023 @987.52 by Melooon » Logged

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2023 @157.94 »

:4u: GIFTS :4u:

Hello!

Today we are testing a new GIFTS system (aka Awards but nicer) - this lets you upload gifts to peoples profiles! Gifts can be anything you like as long as they are 32x32 images (or smaller)!
To give gifts you must be a Full Member (100+ posts) - Then click on someones profile and pick (View Gifts) - you can then upload a gift!!

Please do not abuse the gift system! If you do the gifts may go away :ohdear: Also if you find bugs lemmy know - and let me know how you find the system in general! Gifs will appear on on your forum posts too! If you don't want a gift (or just want space for others) you can delete it!

Please remember that gifts are just for fun!!

But how should I use gifts?? - Thats up to you, but I think it would be fun to give them as rewards for posting on particular topics, maybe you make a topic about bees, so you can give everyone who replies a bee gift!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2023 @161.19 by Melooon » Logged

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2023 @237.71 »

BBCodes and Guides

Hi all just to let you know the forum should now default to BBCodes again; sorry I got a bit excited by all the new features :tongue: Iv also added a new BBCode guide you can access here (its also linked on the new post page)! You can switch to WYSIWYG mode by clicking the lil file icon at the end of the editors icon set (like you could before!)

We are also at the end of this big update wave, so there prob wont be any more major new features or changes; still fixing bugs though!

Over the next few days I'll be improving and updating the usage guide! :4u:

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

The Official Nicolas Comics Site

Started by nsequeira119Board ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 1
Views: 960
Last post July 10, 2022 @454.24
by Melooon
Personal Announcements

Started by MelooonBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 221
Views: 13292
Last post April 21, 2024 @852.66
by thesolitarygamer
The MelonLand official unofficial good times playlist! [#1]

Started by Deckade (Tolo)Board © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 3
Views: 655
Last post December 15, 2022 @260.20
by Guest

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi