Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 28, 2024 - @461.12 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 35/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions
| | |-+  When I visit the forum I...

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Poll
Question: When I visit the forum I...
Often see something I'm interested in discussing and like to reply.
Like to look at new posts, but don't always feel like replying.
Only visit to check-up on topics Im particularly interested in.
Often don't find anything Im interested in.
Feel confused by the categories and forum layout.
Have some other expirence?

Author Topic: When I visit the forum I...  (Read 1846 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« on: May 18, 2022 @486.79 »

This is a general health check on the forum to make sure its going in the best direction for everyone and to try and spot anything I should be working on to improve it :4u:

Feel free to vote twice if 2 options suit you, it does not matter how long youve been on the forum you should still have your say! Also please comment below if you'd like to say more about your experience using the forum!

Random questions! (Optional if you waanna say)
  • When was the last time you made a post / started a topic?
  • Did people reply to you and were you happy with those replies?
  • What inspired you to post or what stopped you from making a post recently?
  • Have you learned anything on the forum and/or do you find useful/good info here?
  • What's the main thing you visit the forum to see/d:ha:say?

OK thats all! Thanks for reading and stay chillin :eyes: :innocent: :happy:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Dojidave
Jr. Member ⚓︎

huh?

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2022 @628.29 »

What inspired you to post or what stopped you from making a post recently?

I mostly make posts whenever I find something cool or interesting that I hope others also find cool and interesting.

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2022 @986.59 »

Thanks to everyone who voted here and took the time to write their experiences (Ice and Doji :4u:smile:

Looking at the results, it seems like people mostly like to read the forum, but they are less interested in having active conversations on here; that makes sense since I think most people do their discussions on other platforms like Discord?

So my plan for the future will be to make the forum more of a message board; where people can post news and cool things they find, and we'll cut back on topics that need active debate. I think that's in keeping with what Iv seen over the last few months so this is good feedback!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2022 @492.74 »

I like the forum as it is, it's just that I rarely see topics I'm interested in. ^^"

I've been trying to find ways to escape Discord, and this forum is a good refuge!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022 @501.01 by Cobra! » Logged

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
xX_irkeneonz_Xx
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2022 @612.82 »

I kind of just open each category that has a new post notification and see if there's anything interesting, I like to mark messages as read and it just kind of works out :v

When was the last time you made a post / started a topic?
I try to do it every time I come in, which I think was a few days to a week ago. I haven't made a topic mostly since I don't know what to bring up, so I just vibe.

Did people reply to you and were you happy with those replies?
I don't always get replies and I don't think I did, but I don't usually feel negative when I get a reply here and the environment feels chill enough that I don't feel worried.

What inspired you to post or what stopped you from making a post recently?
This is making me want to make a thread pfft, but sometimes I do get intimidated since I feel like most people here really know technology and the internet and I'm still really a baby to the whole thing, but we all start somewhere so I try not to feel embarrassed if I need to ask questions or want to encourage my curiosity.

Have you learned anything on the forum and/or do you find useful/good info here?
I can't think of anything off the top of my head but I know there are usually a lot of interesting posts here, I don't think I've learned anything but it's always cool to see more of the old net revival/internet reclamation.

What's the main thing you visit the forum to see/d:ha:say?
I really just come in to see what's new :4u:

pleb-hates-the-modern-web
Casual Poster

is this thing on?

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2022 @931.94 »

• What inspired you to post or what stopped you from making a post recently?

oftentimes what stops me from making posts, or even replying to others, is that i never think that what i have to add is... relevant? i think i'm still adjusting to more casual internet interactions after not being on forums or the like for years, and the incendiary nature of modern social media platforms has instilled in me a habit of non-engagement; either nothing seems important enough to say or i'm uncertain how it will be received.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Forum feature requests and Ideas

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 243
Views: 20422
Last post March 05, 2024 @666.35
by grubbyfox
xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Replies: 0
Views: 5320
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Replies: 2
Views: 3293
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi