Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @82.97 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 21/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 918.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ✎ ∙ Art Crafting
| | |-+  Blender is difficult and I am small

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Blender is difficult and I am small  (Read 150 times)
MargoMuted
Newbie ⚓︎

Hello, delicious friend

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: MargoMuted

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« on: July 16, 2024 @67.67 »

Hello delicious friends...

Recently, I have been dipping my toes into 3D modelling through the wonderful power of Blender. It has been great fun but have found myself at a total roadblock in my recent projects as I lack the knowledge to continue unaided but also my issues seem too specific to find guidance with basic searches.

This is not Blender's fault, but instead my own hubris has lead to my downfall.

So, naturally, I have come to scream into the melon shaped abyss.

Are there any other newbies who can point me in the direction of more comprehensive guides that aren't just donut tutorials and marble downloads? Are there masters of the cube that can provide more insight?

I can provide more information on my more immediate difficulties but figured my first goal should be to cast the line so-to-say.

What beautiful bones you have
ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Here be dragons

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2024 @76.75 »

Are you aware of their own tutorial list on Youtube?
It contains a rather broad range of tutorials, including, but not limited to, donut tutorials:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=%23b3d+tutorial&sp=EgIIBQ%253D%253D

I eventually decided that I feel more comfortable with 2D, but tried around many few years ago. Back then, I learned a lot of things by experimenting and trying around - imagine rooms and scenes, and try to create them as good as you can.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2024 @78.17 by ThunderPerfectWitchcraft » Logged

zawieja
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Call me Ren!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Epic Cat AwardFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2024 @473.15 »

Blender is difficult, I agree and symphatise :ohdear: For some reason for example glass textures wouldn't work for me at all and I couldn't find the solution for hours. Now I don't remember what I did to fix it and I'm worried to work with glass ever again in case it doesn't work again xD

What works for me is trying to find tutorials specific for something I just want to create and see at the moment and treat them as a sort of base for a bigger project. I just find myself very unmotivated by the generic donut tutorials and whatnot. If something doesn't work, then I'm just kinda annoyed and don't look for the solution, since I don't really want to see the final result all that much.

The key is finding tutorials where someone explains what they are doing step by step in detail, which isn't always the easiest to find. A lot of people tend to do crazy fast tutorials, they assume you know what to click or how something works...

For example when I started out I really wanted a simple cartoon character with cartoon shading. This tutorial was very easy to follow for the most part and taught me a lot along the way. Then I didn't quite liked the final look, so I found some other tutorial for cartoon shaders, then for a simple cartoon grass, then how to put in a sky box... Final result - I messed up a ton of things!! but I had a solid base that allowed me to experiment and I still learned a lot along the way.

I think it's good to just straight up ask other people for guidance when you are stuck with something, too  :ha: I bothered my older brother constantly since he knows 3D much better than me.

─── °∘❉∘° ───

─── °∘❉∘° ───
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

making a game character in blender

Started by cinniBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 7
Views: 2574
Last post June 08, 2022 @501.32
by Memory
Name one small change that would ruin the retro web for you

Started by MemoryBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 22
Views: 2460
Last post September 24, 2023 @942.72
by Kallistero
Kero Blender Timelapse

Started by Grafo VolaveruntBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 5
Views: 1108
Last post October 09, 2022 @78.72
by heavenONLINE

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi