Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 18, 2024 - @303.63 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 26/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :skull: Websites are like whispers in the night  :skull:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  What was your first Online gaming experience?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: What was your first Online gaming experience?  (Read 885 times)
halcybutton
Jr. Member ⚓︎

i may be cringe but i am free

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: halcybutton
iMood: halcybutton
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2024 @961.27 »

non-educational/not forced to by the school i went to, i would say probably some farming type game on facebook a looong time ago, or maybe moshi monsters? i played moshi monsters and moviestarplanet a lot when i was a kid. the farming game i also played quite a bit but i stopped using facebook (and really havent bothered going back since i first stopped using it)

HALCYON 
it/he/ey - EST
Nikodile
Jr. Member ⚓︎

loosey goosey

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2024 @157.42 »

I can't remember if it was Warcraft 3 or Runescape, but both were pretty big core memories.

The amount of hours I spent playing Vampirism/Tower Defense custom games in WC3 are probably better left unknown. Such fun game genres stemmed from WC3 though. Surprised DOTA/MOBAs got popular and not Vampirism or Island Defense.

Runescape doesn't need much of an introduction, I haven't played it as much as I did WC3 though. Very fond memory of some random person helping me get rainbow boots though.

Audball
Jr. Member ⚓︎

WOE BE TO THOSE WHO SEE!!!

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: audball

View Profile WWW

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2024 @637.03 »

The amount of hours I spent playing Vampirism/Tower Defense custom games in WC3 are probably better left unknown. Such fun game genres stemmed from WC3 though. Surprised DOTA/MOBAs got popular and not Vampirism or Island Defense.

Oh my goodness, during middle school I played SO MUCH Vampirism Speed. I still to this day have only played like 30 minutes of the actual game of Warcraft III. I spent all my time with Vamp Speed, Run Kitty Run, Star Wars Footies, Tree Tag, and also some RPG that was made on it believe it or not lol. I think the abbreviation for it was CoT? I cannot for the life of me remember what it stood for though.

I still listen to the nightcore version of Everytime We Touch because of Run Kitty Run. :grin:

"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt." ~Kurt Vonnegut Jr., Slaughterhouse Five
Nikodile
Jr. Member ⚓︎

loosey goosey

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2024 @648.58 »

also some RPG that was made on it believe it or not lol. I think the abbreviation for it was CoT? I cannot for the life of me remember what it stood for though.

Oh man, I remember a few RPGs in WC3 haha. The one that comes to mind was a mafia-based one I believe. You can buy a bunch of things like property and vehicles and slowly rank up within the mafia up to literally being a god for some reason.

thiscat

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2024 @620.29 »

I remember it was from a website called friv I played a lot og games like fire boy and water girl and papa jones
I played a lot in papa jones it was the game where you make pizzas to customers

may the cat be with you
testtubesterone
Casual Poster ⚓︎

B:0P

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: testtubesterone
iMood: testtubesterone

View Profile WWW

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2024 @116.00 »

the earliest online game i can recall playing is wizards101 :wizard: i remember playing it on the computer we had in the basement, on the carpet floor next to an old tv and exercise equipment. i have many fond memories of playing it with my brother!! aside from that, some other web-based games like animal jam, moviestarplanet, and webkinz

we must love one another! forever!
aspen ✦ he/zie/they/it ✦ androgyne lesbian
Audball
Jr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2024 @671.31 »

the earliest online game i can recall playing is wizards101 :wizard:

That was one I saw tons of people play around me but I never did. Also all the commercials! It was VERY popular in my middle school, you'd see tons of kids playing it in the library. :grin:

"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt." ~Kurt Vonnegut Jr., Slaughterhouse Five
MrsMoe
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2024 @925.56 »

I pretty much played any and all of the iconic kid friendly MMO games you could think of (Club Penguin, Toontown, Wizard 101, Neopets, etc), but I remember the first one I played distinctly being Webkinz. I even remember going to a cousin's house when I was about 6 or so and watching her play it on an old school computer. I looked at her desk, saw a beagle plush that was identical to the pet on her monitor, and said "hey that looks like the dog in the game!!!"

When she told me it WAS the dog in the game, it blew my little tiny baby mind. I didn't know such things were possible  :ozwomp:

malice
Jr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
PicMix: lacrymosa

View Profile WWW

Perfect Weather For Some Tea And Making ArtFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2024 @984.35 »

I was maybe 3 or 4 when I stumbled upon sites like PBS Kids, Playhouse Disney, and Noggin and I played the heck outta those little flash games. I distinctly remember a Sesame Street game where you make and decorate your own bowl of oatmeal with Bert, but unfortunately it seems to be lost :sad:. I did find other old games on Flashpoint at least! So many memories...

any/all + ev/eva ae/aer

Audball
Jr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2024 @144.00 »

I did actually find the flash game you're speaking of malice! It's on flashpoint actually but it doesn't actually load into the oatmeal art game you're talking about. :ohdear: It's called Play With Me Sesame! One of the games built into Play With Me Sesame is the oatmeal art game with Bert! It just gets stuck on a loading screen forever.

(Image taken from a random google search.)

malice
Jr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
PicMix: lacrymosa

View Profile WWW

Perfect Weather For Some Tea And Making ArtFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2024 @158.02 »

@Audball NO WAY! This is still a great find, thank you so much!

any/all + ev/eva ae/aer

boyrotting
Casual Poster

literally kel omori

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: merry-bad-end

View Profile WWW

Literally Kel OmoriJoined 2024!
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2024 @716.72 »

The first online game I played was some 2010 flash game but I don't really count that. It was some sort of pet / dress up tycoon or whatever. I'd say the first in depth and interesting game I played was the visual novel 'Doki Doki Literature Club'. I really didn't start playing video games until around 2019-ish. Thanks to ddlc though I've now played god how many visual novels and rpgs.

and im asking why lord if this is how i die lord
Junebug
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Vanitas Vanitatum Omnia Vanitas

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Vanitas no Carte fanJoined 2024!
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2024 @68.00 »

World of Warcraft.

I grew up playing the original RTS games, namely Warcraft III and it's expansion pack Frozen Throne. My siblings had played RPGs like Everquest, but for me I was always a spectator at the time. Eventually I played WoW myself, having an orc character and then a tauren character. I was a really big Horde fan at the time thanks to sympathizing with them the most during the RTS games' campaigns. I had a lot of fun I would say, but whatever itch MMORPGs scratch for people to get them hooked for decades didn't happen to me. Eventually I lost interest and never picked it up again.

My preferred programming language is AutoHotKey.

"What you thought was a given was in reality a product of miracles."

zj
Jr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: zeejay
iMood: zeejay

View Profile WWW

water walterFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2024 @721.86 »

The Blockheads, a sandbox game for smartphones! Cirka 2013. It was so fun, I miss it

Technically I played LAN minecraft in 2012, but I don't think that really counts.

Edit: I didn't realise flash games would count, I assumed this meant playing with other people online :drat: I played a bunch of flash games on spelo.se and spela.se
« Last Edit: September 27, 2024 @728.54 by zj » Logged

why dontcha have a peek at my site :eyes:
(23 years old)
this is Kurt ↓
gif of a ""tamaNOTchi". Click to feed!
click to feed him :3
milo
Casual Poster ⚓︎

whoa!!

⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2024 @30.83 »

When I was around 11 or 12 I discovered Ragnarok Online right as the open beta for the US servers closed down so they could get ready for the full launch. I was really hooked by the idea of being able to play a game online with other people live and I was so bummed that I missed out on it. I loved the way the cute anime style graphics looked. I used to lament that I couldn't play so I'd download sprite sheets and make my own character and like put them in screenshots of the game lol. I even used to load up the client program and click play knowing full well it would tell me the servers were down just in case maybe, just maybe, they happened to switch them on to test and I could get in hahaha.

Anyway, when they servers did open back up I immediately got on and was hooked. I played so many hours and would go around town just chatting with random people. It made me so happy to "exist" in a fantasy world where I could chat and make friends and then decide to go out and fight monsters.

I still play Ragnarok Online today!! The game is still super popular and there are lots of private servers going. Usually every spring I'll get the itch (since that's the time of year I discovered it) and I'll boot up the client and log in.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Cloud Gaming

Started by Icey!Board ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 13
Views: 3019
Last post March 23, 2023 @484.77
by sig
Your favourite gaming platform of all time (all time!)

Started by MemoryBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 15
Views: 2786
Last post November 16, 2023 @124.12
by mahoroa
Web design is fashion design ?? Your thoughts on self expression online?

Started by MelooonBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 11
Views: 2787
Last post August 31, 2023 @620.49
by technomage

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi