Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 21, 2024 - @455.20 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 37/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!
| | | |-+  site too spagetti to fix, scared

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: site too spagetti to fix, scared  (Read 129 times)
candycanearter07
Full Member ⚓︎

i like slimes

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: candycanearter
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Suck At Something September - Did It!uh oh! a pigeon got in!Artsy Candy CaneJoined 2024!
« on: August 30, 2024 @935.22 »

Hi,

So I feel like my site is getting too bloated and disorgainized and it is stressing me out a ton especially compared to some of yall's super slick sites and like i kinda want to restart again but IDK if I can really make an appealing layout that has everything I want and I feel kinda stuck and IDK if i even should restart because like its really overwhelming and stuff and I feel like I should be working on new stuff instead of tearing down my entire layout and everything and idk..

any advice ?

help
« Last Edit: August 31, 2024 @999.49 by candycanearter07 » Logged

new to oldnet be nice

brisray
Sr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

RocketmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2024 @731.63 »

The great thing about web pages is that although we all think they should be around for a long time, there's nothing stopping you experimenting - layout, themes, colours, content - absolutely everything.

There's a couple of questions to ask yourself, what do you like and don't like about your site? What do you want it to look like and behave? Once you've got those more or less settled, then you can start adapting a template or creating your own.

Once you've got your shiny new template, if you want to create new pages before changing your existing pages, then you can do that. If you want to update some of your existing pages, then you can do that. Just do what you feel you want to. There's no set method, no timetable you have to keep to.

A lot depends on what sort of menu you use. In my original pages, the menus were hard coded on every page. There's so many of them, I don't update those unless the page gets updated. The other 3 designs I use, depend on two different menu systems. It's a pain, but new and updated pages get added to both of them.

Sometimes I seem to have so much to do, not just the websites, that I spend more time thinking about what I have to do than simply choosing just one thing and at least making a start on it. It might be that's where you are at.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Best way to have a 2 column site?

Started by ObspogonBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 3
Views: 2301
Last post February 13, 2023 @208.53
by fLaMEd
How do you prefer to keep your site organized (or not)

Started by NightdriftBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 30
Views: 8405
Last post August 02, 2024 @153.99
by candycanearter07
POLL: How many personal sites have you built?

Started by xandraBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 33
Views: 5869
Last post August 14, 2024 @142.36
by WK_0

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi