Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 21, 2024 - @534.44 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 38/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!
| | | |-+  (Live) spreadsheets in HTML??

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: (Live) spreadsheets in HTML??  (Read 76 times)
BlazingCobaltX
Full Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: blazingcobaltx

View Profile WWW

Suck At Something September - Did It!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: September 11, 2024 @882.84 »

Hello, let me explain my usercase.

I have two spreadsheets that are currently homeless. One of these is a personal archive of things I've watched/read/etc, which I used to edit on the fly all the time. The other is a public directory of videos for a fandom, which I now update once in a blue moon. In the vein of "degoogling" I have removed these from Google Drive, but the online editing and hosting of these sheets was incredibly convenient for someone like me who isn't at their PC most of the time.

While I was looking for a new place to host these, I thought it would be convenient to give both of them a spot on my website, but in two different ways. For the personal archive, I'd like to display live updates to the spreadsheet on my site. Ideally, I write all my reviews in that one sheet. For the fandom archive, I am just looking for a new place to host it and then embed; live editing is likely not something I will need.

...Dunno if that was really clear. I understand that finding an all-in-one solution that isn't GDrive is a bit hard. So there are two main questions:
1) What do you guys recommend for alternative online hosting of spreadsheets (with or without live editing)?
2) What are the best ways to display (the content of) a spreadhseet on a website, where the spreadsheet and its contents can be edited afrer upload?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2024 @884.29 by BlazingCobaltX » Logged

brisray
Sr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

RocketmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2024 @919.88 »

For me the answer was Google Sheets and the Google Charts API.

I found the charts and tables are very customizable and can import data from a variety of sources, including Google Sheets. The charts on the web page are updated as soon as the spreadsheet is updated and the page refreshed.
TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2024 @883.82 »

If you're not something that's needing to be updated all the time, Google Sheets also has an "Export to HTML" feature that I've used. The HTML it produces isn't pretty, but it works for one-off things like the podcast sheet I was publishing.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

HTML Journal and the Neon Kiosk (Easy RSS feeds for site news)

Started by m15oBoard ♺ ∙ Web Crafting Materials

Replies: 12
Views: 3414
Last post April 24, 2023 @816.79
by shevek
HELP: Trying to create a sidebar in HTML

Started by wrinkledlionBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 3
Views: 1491
Last post June 29, 2022 @80.53
by Memory
QUEST CSS | html RPG game

Started by dantescanlineBoard ⚽︎ ∙ Arcade

Replies: 7
Views: 1296
Last post September 17, 2022 @350.43
by dantescanline

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi