This zone is sleeping right now! ZzzZZzzz

Better not disturb it! ~You go to the petrol station and buy a slushy instead, everything is cool!~

This area will open again in 000.beats!

(Learn about Swatch Time)

Some other zones are awake :^]


Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 05 Oct 2026 - @819.13
Forum Activity: Two Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: There's a great big indie web tomorrow! :smile: Guild Events: weekly zine jam 15: dreams
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Da Web Revival
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  webcrafting flow?


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: webcrafting flow?  (Read 1063 times)
cairo
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWWArt


talking to cyber spirits!
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Keeping The Fun Alive !Joined 2024!
« on: Autumn, 20 Oct 2024 @025 » Embed

https://i.ibb.co/sWjzhzR/kabutops-fossil.png

How does creative webcrafting fit into the other parts of your life, and do you use web design at your day job? It feels so satisfying and therapeutic to really lose yourself in making a personal web-based art project. Experimenting with different ideas and aesthetics.. I'm curious everyone's process for finding that flow and keeping it fun.

Logged

https://i.ibb.co/56kFq6r/alt.gif

Artifact Swap: sunset catsunset cat
nihil0
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


どうもありがと Mr. Roboto
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: exnihil0
iMood: exnihl

Artifacts:
Joined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: Autumn, 20 Oct 2024 @128 » Embed

I treat it similar to my other hobbies really, it's what I do on my downtime from my dayjob (which unfortunately doesn't include web design :sad: )

That's mainly what keeps it fun for me, I don't do daily updates aside from statuses, maybe a tweak here or there but otherwise I tend to dedicate at least a few hours when get into my web flow. It keeps it fresh, lets me fall guiltlessly fall into stack overflow rabbit holes, and ensures that I don't burn out on a hobby that has burnt me out before!

Logged

https://exnihl.neocities.org/siteassets/weinerfire.gif
invader_gvim
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


Don't scream for help. Fight together!
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Sent On Earth By The Almighty TallestJoined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: Autumn, 20 Oct 2024 @179 » Toggle Font Embed

https://i.ibb.co/sWjzhzR/kabutops-fossil.png

How does creative webcrafting fit into the other parts of your life, and do you use web design at your day job? It feels so satisfying and therapeutic to really lose yourself in making a personal web-based art project. Experimenting with different ideas and aesthetics.. I'm curious everyone's process for finding that flow and keeping it fun.


I sort of just throw things on a page with the hopes of having a library of interesting links and download links. I sort of treat my website like a myspace page. I also use it as a way to upload art that my friends and I make. My interest in lynx and text based browsers means that I keep the formatting very simple. So I sort of just write what needs added and type "neo push" into my terminal using bashcities to change my neocities page.

Logged

BlazingCobaltX
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: blazingcobaltx
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: Autumn, 20 Oct 2024 @513 » Embed

Working on my website is something I do during my job, like when I'm in meetings that could've been an email. :skull: I mean, I am looking at a screen for 8 hours a day anyways, might as well mix a hobby in there (playing games isn't really an option). As I prefer to not be at a computer at all during my days off, this means my productivity is oddly dependent on my day-to-day workload.

As for what I do, it can vary from making little tweaks to entirely new webpages with custom CSS. Sometimes the pressure of having a lot to do makes me work harder on the website. Don't really have an explanation for that one.

Logged

https://blazingcobaltx.neocities.org/images/arceus.png
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe