Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 08 Oct 2026 - @27.47
Forum Activity: Three Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: It's the silly things you'll remember :trash: Guild Events: weekly zine jam 15: dreams
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Earth & Interests
| |-+  © ∙ Music
| | |-+  rate the song above you!


« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print Embed
Author Topic: rate the song above you!  (Read 4017 times)
soop
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


mmmm... soup
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: soop

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Soul SoupJoined 2023!
« on: Autumn, 24 Oct 2024 @167 » Toggle Font Embed

i remember making a board like this before but it seems to be gone??
this was one of my favorite old forum games! just post a link to a song, and the person who comments after gives it a rating (just bold one of the choices provided), then posts their own song!
please be polite and respectful to everyone! :D

ill start off!


我愛你 - Cody・Lee(李)

AMAZING | really good | good | not my thing

Logged

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/01/d1/41/01d1418ce594c386e3515dea83673111.gif
imnotjahan
Casual Poster
*
View Profile WWW


Digital angel
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: ImNotJahan
Itch.io: My Games

Artifacts:
Possibly Jahan, Perhaps. No One Knows.Joined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: Autumn, 25 Oct 2024 @109 » Toggle Font Embed

Thought that song was

AMAZING[!] | really good | good | not my thing

My contribution


SOFALOVE - Javi Vera

AMAZING | really good | good | not my thing

Logged

https://jahanrashidi.com/banner/smile_.png
Only to live, to live and live! Life, whatever it may be!
MrsMoe
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Deviantart Llama!Great Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: Autumn, 27 Oct 2024 @217 » Embed

Thought that song was

amazing| REALLY GOOD | good | not my thing

I'm not sure if it's something I'll actively seek out again, but the vibe is definitely immaculate

My contribution:


Logged

https://blinkies.cafe/b/display/0113-autism.gifhttps://blinkies.cafe/b/display/0021-vampirefangs.gifhttps://blinkies.cafe/b/display/0182-halloweencathouse.gifhttps://i.postimg.cc/02L6smjc/ezgif-7-ebef155de1.gifhttps://64.media.tumblr.com/e53076104c8d22ed3d272d62cc8fccfa/88280e3f54890c11-c1/s250x400/aa5c1239ea59888acaa71ad26271790a794ccc5d.gifvhttps://blinkies.cafe/b/display/0138-greenglow.gif
https://i.ibb.co/Lzg2SZj/tumblr-5afbadec7c65089061ba8cfa48b57bc8-469c61aa-100.webphttps://tinyurl.com/yn2v726zhttps://tinyurl.com/39tjbzfmhttps://tinyurl.com/32x3t38jhttps://tinyurl.com/2ybkhmh5https://tinyurl.com/2ue7d945https://tinyurl.com/493hsx5phttps://tinyurl.com/ye28hzrphttps://64.media.tumblr.com/92ec86321325be8fac199fecef8fd7b0/tumblr_ptpl0x7U4o1y8ua8do1_100.gifv
nsequeira119
Casual Poster
*
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: Winter, 20 Dec 2024 @085 » Toggle Font Embed

Suzanne Vega is one of my all-time favorites! I like her 99.9 F album for its more rock-influenced direction, but I enjoy her basic folk as well.


Logged

Aw HECK yeah!
Thorn
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: Winter, 05 Jan 2025 @188 » Embed

amazing | really good | GOOD | not my thing

The song itself is really nice, but I find the audio mixing in the video really strange and hard to parse at times.

Here's my contribution, Yr Beast by Kermes. I first heard it in my sophomore year of college, after I came out as bisexual but before I really realized I was nonbinary, and I found it really relatable.


Logged

OwO Like a scientist
UwU like a punk
>w< like an anarchist
https://freekittie.neocities.org/Thorns%20Blog%20Button.png
fauxclore
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


Musician, artist, Ursula K. Le Guin addict
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #5 on: Winter, 08 Jan 2025 @512 » Toggle Font Embed

Really liked the video, and the "outsider-art" aspect of the voice and prosody.
The lyrics itself are also relatable, if a little simplistic. I tend to prefer more metaphoric lyrics, but that's just personal taste.
All in all, a good Indie hidden-gem (for me).



This rock-song I haven't heard in years, from a group that doesn't exist anymore, and that references an old portuguese singer that had a song about travelling around the world. It's a pretty normal song, but also strangely nostalgic for me, the style is very "early 2000s portuguese indie rock".

Logged
SKAPASTA
Newbie ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


get it twisted
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #6 on: Winter, 22 Feb 2025 @071 » Toggle Font Embed

not usually the kind of music i listen to but i enjoyed it quite a bit. though i dont understand the lyrics, im quite a fan of the melancholic and somewhat soulful demeanor the composition itself had. will definitely be showing this to a friend or two
(in terms of the music video, its understandable why but i thought it was a little goofy the drummer was playing on a lone snare drum while toms can be heard  :ok: )



now time something entirely different :grin: people who love noisy, energetic, sample-heavy stuff, this is for you

Logged

https://funkydealer.neocities.org/assets/img/decor/blinkies/50ftblinkie.gifhttps://funkydealer.neocities.org/assets/img/decor/blinkies/warioware.gifhttps://funkydealer.neocities.org/assets/img/decor/blinkies/happy-moo-2-u.gifhttps://funkydealer.neocities.org/assets/img/decor/blinkies/quasar.gif
RatWedding
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


Create stuff or be damned to Gamer Hell
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2026!
« Reply #7 on: Spring, 14 Apr 2026 @110 » Embed




now time something entirely different :grin: people who love noisy, energetic, sample-heavy stuff, this is for you

Oh this is exactly up my alley. I feel a very b52s energy from it, though it's likely more just trying to evoke general music of that time period. I love sample heavy stuff, and odd patterns in music.


 To piggy back off of this type of vibe, I'll share this song.


It uses a lot of samples from the wizard of oz specifically.  :wizard:

« Last Edit: Spring, 14 Apr 2026 @114 by RatWedding » Logged

Ratwedding is the place to be when patrolling for mulch :dive: https://ratwedding.boston/Art/88x31ratwedding.gif

Quote
number 22 in ZU. Number 1 in our Hearts. https://ratwedding.boston/Art/Him.png God's Sweetest little cutie. - reverend from interent

credit to wispsflicker on bluesky
https://ratwedding.boston/Art/Rats/ratweddingdiv.png
AY38910
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


Chips in England usually go with fish FYI
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: AY38910

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
I got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!Joined 2025!
« Reply #8 on: Spring, 15 Apr 2026 @827 » Embed

Not bad but definitely not my style, so I'll give it a 6/10.

Anyways, my turn.


Logged

This post contains Totally™ no viruses (trust me bro)

http://www.am-i-dumb.com/images/stamps/7-1.gif
The Dumb Test
John
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


I have no idea what I'm doing.
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
funguyVisited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!John Junior's Easter Egg 01John Junior's Easter Egg 02John Junior's Easter Egg 03
« Reply #9 on: Spring, 15 Apr 2026 @911 » Embed


Anyways, my turn.


amazing | REALLY GOOD | good | not my thing

Energetic and driven, video game vibes, great video—very nice! Though my favourite part were the calmer dungeonsynthier parts towards the end.



I also wanted to mention I enjoyed a lot of the music posted here, especially Suzanne Vega, whom I didn't know before! And I my favourite song by Pogo by far is Data & Picard!



Now for my own contribution I maybe could have gone for something more palatable, but we haven't had any metal yet, this one is one of my all time favourites, and at least it's short. : P



Viande · Igorrr




Logged

Kind regards,
https://johnshomepage.neocities.org/John_Badge.gif

Artifact Swap: To the Moon!Mr. SuitERR_FILE_NOT_FOUNDWHACK!BLTStar Wars YodaGuitarlil wizwhere am i?sewingInkyshroomPearlRed Floppy DiskPencildithersnowy (for winter lovers)Minecraft VeteransunflowerI seek you!Book and Quill
sloth_army1
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


Armed with a predilection for the inapt
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #10 on: Spring, 16 Apr 2026 @968 » Embed

amazing | REALLY GOOD | good | not my thing

Energetic and driven, video game vibes, great video—very nice! Though my favourite part were the calmer dungeonsynthier parts towards the end.



I also wanted to mention I enjoyed a lot of the music posted here, especially Suzanne Vega, whom I didn't know before! And I my favourite song by Pogo by far is Data & Picard!



Now for my own contribution I maybe could have gone for something more palatable, but we haven't had any metal yet, this one is one of my all time favourites, and at least it's short. : P



Viande · Igorrr





amazing | really good | good | not my thing

I really enjoyed this track! I've been meaning to listen to more metal, and I've never heard of this group, so I'll have to check out more of their stuff. I thought the production was great, especially those parts where it gets a bit industrial. It has a great energy and since it's so short it works well as just a quick little burst.

Here's a track I've been listening to a lot recently. My favorite rapper Danny Brown's most recent album made the bold choice of taking inspiration from hyperpop, and this song is my favorite result of that:

Danny Brown - Starburst

Logged

She/Her

Visit my website! (18+): https://slotharmy1.neocities.org/
Bairuzg
Newbie ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
MicrowaveJoined 2025!
« Reply #11 on: Spring, 23 Apr 2026 @251 » Embed

amazing | really good | good | not my thing

I really enjoyed this track! I've been meaning to listen to more metal, and I've never heard of this group, so I'll have to check out more of their stuff. I thought the production was great, especially those parts where it gets a bit industrial. It has a great energy and since it's so short it works well as just a quick little burst.

Here's a track I've been listening to a lot recently. My favorite rapper Danny Brown's most recent album made the bold choice of taking inspiration from hyperpop, and this song is my favorite result of that:

Danny Brown - Starburst


amazing | really good | good | not my thing

Rap is not my thing but im not saying is not good, if you like metal i recommend United Nations :happy:

Now, Im going to share a song from one of my favorite artists of all time  :chef:



Aphex Twin - Zahl am1 live track 1c f760m1 unfinshd



Logged
rnottelovesowls
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


if i don’t respond it’s because i’m eepy
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: rnottelovesowls
iMood: rnottelovesowls
RSS: RSS
OS: Windows 7

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2025!
« Reply #12 on: Spring, 23 Apr 2026 @258 » Toggle Font Embed

amazing | really good | good | not my thing

you can never go wrong with aphex twin. and since we’re on the topic of classic electronic music...


Logged

RNOTTÉ
https://bear-images.sfo2.cdn.digitaloceanspaces.com/rnotte/img_7455.gif
90sGabber
Newbie
*
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« Reply #13 on: Spring, 12 May 2026 @777 » Toggle Font Embed

amazing | really good | good | not my thing

you can never go wrong with aphex twin. and since we’re on the topic of classic electronic music...


amazing | really good | good | not my thing

oooh LTJ is good, havent really listened to a whole lot of his stuff but i need to. i guess ill keep the classic electronic going...


[ The Crystal Method - Busy Child ]

Logged

This message is approved by the LGBTQ+ Community :dot:

Artifact Swap: non-biney
Grillsen
Newbie ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« Reply #14 on: Summer, 26 Jul 2026 @433 » Embed

amazing | really good | good | not my thing

oooh LTJ is good, havent really listened to a whole lot of his stuff but i need to. i guess ill keep the classic electronic going...


[ The Crystal Method - Busy Child ]

Admittedly I am not really big into electronic music, but this is not bad. If it didn't have lyrics than it almost sounds like a track that would play in System Shock.

Here's a chill stoner rock jam.

Fu Manchu - Hanglider

Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe