Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 04 Oct 2026 - @297.28
Forum Activity: Four Stars ~ Boop! The forum will close in 703.beats! Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :cry: Are u having fun? Guild Events: 14: animals
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Da Web Revival
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  What do you use to code websites?


« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Print Embed
Author Topic: What do you use to code websites?  (Read 46504 times)
plantovision
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


born to ":3" forced to ":)"
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: plantovision
Itch.io: My Games

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #30 on: Winter, 06 Jan 2023 @892 » Toggle Font Embed

I just used Visual Studio code with the Neocities CLI and Servez to test it on a web client. Not sure if it's better than much else as I haven't had need to try it, but it does seem to be more efficient than on the Neocities editor.

Logged

Quote
born to be silly, forced to be stupid
https://plantovision.neocities.org/Buttons/Button.pnghttps://plantovision.neocities.org/Buttons/EvergreenButton.pnghttps://plantovision.neocities.org/Buttons/ButtonAnti.png
Cele
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Great Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #31 on: Winter, 06 Jan 2023 @901 » Toggle Font Embed

Browser in Neocities

Logged

https://64.media.tumblr.com/f339750d47b841f86b411f210c89bc48/a3f9ac693d24060d-e8/s400x600/2fce684b29380077b902465628201ec7b63f98ff.png
http://www.tiptopglobe.com/userbar/7fa851235decd83fb1f04728a2473956.png
http://www.tiptopglobe.com/userbar/f082aecc2519321c0a13c39f701907bf.png
https://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/gothorita.gif
tarraxahum
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


Xx_O_o_xX
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: tarraxahum
Matrix: Chat!
iMood: tarraxahum

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #32 on: Winter, 06 Jan 2023 @931 » Toggle Font Embed

If it's a new page then I use Brackets to work the code (a lot of minor useful features like the automatic closing tags) and then I just open the local html pages in browser to observe the changes.

And then once I'm satisfied I move the whole folder to Neocities. If pages that are already on the site need tweaking or to be added to, then I just do it in Neocities' editor in browser :grin:

Logged


https://tarraxahum.neocities.org/pofub.png
https://i.postimg.cc/3Nyfy9zP/userbar.png
https://i.postimg.cc/13ZPQNNr/uservodka.png
"Why change the past, when you can own this day?" (c)
Onio
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Café ClubJoined 2022!
« Reply #33 on: Winter, 07 Jan 2023 @042 » Toggle Font Embed

Notepad++, though I do like VS

Logged
NacreousDreams
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


Rockin' at the Dance of Exis
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Eldridge_Jameson

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #34 on: Winter, 07 Jan 2023 @233 » Toggle Font Embed

I used Bluefish, for a time. I like dedicated IDEs. Though... I always hated that it made backup files in the same directory as the file I was editing, but never deleted them. When I get back to editing my site, I'll probably change over to something else.

Logged
sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


the great
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: sigmatic

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Certified chocoboGoose!Joined 2022!
« Reply #35 on: Winter, 07 Jan 2023 @528 » Toggle Font Embed

I use Notepad++ for writing the HTML/CSS/Javascript locally, and then when I'm done I push the entire site to Neocities using this: https://neocities.org/cli

I do it this way because I want to make sure my code actually works before it goes live, although sometimes things tend to break on Neocities when they don't on the local version but that's a bridge I cross when I get there!

Logged

https://i.ibb.co/cQ4jGPp/chainsaw.png           
The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
Memory
Guest

« Reply #36 on: Winter, 08 Jan 2023 @485 » Embed

I mostly use WinSCP's built-in editor to edit my web pages via SFTP/FTP as well as nano/vim when I'm in SSH or in a Linux shell. On Windows I sometimes use Sublime Text to edit my websites and some other projects on my own computer and on localhost webservers.

« Last Edit: Spring, 23 Apr 2023 @763 by Memory » Logged
nymphaeaphoo
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #37 on: Winter, 08 Jan 2023 @734 » Toggle Font Embed

neovim to write it
firefox to view it
git to track, archive and upload it

Logged

https://lophius.xyz/buttons/lophiusxyz.gif - https://lophius.xyz/snowfallgarden/snowfallgardenlophiusxyz.gif
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


So many stars!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
You're a Star!Flinstone VitaminWavy Shoulder-Length Hair with BangsBug!Top HatI got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!
« Reply #38 on: Winter, 08 Jan 2023 @767 » Toggle Font Embed

~This thread has been merged with a duplicate thread ^^ carry on as you were :grin: (My first merge!)

Logged


everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered

Artifact Swap: black n cyan yappin kittayHave a chillpillRed Tulip100 coins<3curious fish
RodFireProductions
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


🍄🖤🐀
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: rodfire8181
iMood: rodfire8181
Itch.io: My Games

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #39 on: Winter, 19 Jan 2023 @119 » Embed

I use Atom for all my coding. Who knows how long it will continue to work though since Github sunsetted Atom back in December. Really disappointing, but I'll continue to use it until I can't.

Logged

https://shroom.ink/images/buttons/Shroom.Ink.gif — we art, web dev, and game dev — https://shroom.ink/images/buttons/DeadInsideArtist.Art.gif
dirtnap
Jr. Member
**
View Profile

⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #40 on: Summer, 01 Jun 2023 @834 » Embed

most of my page editing is done directly in-browser. i find it quicker and eaiser than any other approach. the immediate feedback on exactly how everything looks is vital to me.

creating new pages, eh. sometimes i'll open an existing one, remove most of the content, tweak the structure as needed, and start anew. sometimes i'll actually open notepad and throw together a really basic page structure in raw html with placeholder content, then open that in-browser and edit from there.

if i need to do a find/replace or similar, i'll open it in brackets. i have tried vscode but using that for webdev feels excessive somehow, and i find the interface a little overwhelming. i think my aversion to vscode is the reason i've been struggling to learn c# but that's a different matter.

css files, i usually edit in unsigned notepad, again resorting to brackets for find/replace and little else.

Logged

no js no shoes no problem
Skykristal
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


I may be dead but I am here
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: skykristal
iMood: skykristal

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Uni-StarGreat Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #41 on: Summer, 02 Jun 2023 @009 » Toggle Font Embed

In Browser.

I am learning-stupid and I absolutely can not stand complicated programs with a lot of settings, needing to figure things out before I can even start, extra steps or simply being unable to work in a simple way like a simple human being.(I am like this in any creation software, also drawing)

I use codepen to code and display the result at the same time (in new tab, I make code fullscreen in another). I code everything there before I throw the changes into my Neocities page. At the beginning, I coded only using Neocities editor as well as trying out virtual studio code. It was a headache and I didn't even understood half the features which is why I ended up wasting a lot of time. Coding locally was never very comfortable for me. Maybe if I had an actual setup I could easily open and connect to. But that's not the case. And also unneeded. Browser works for me.

Logged

https://skykristal.art/Ocs/_rebecka.pnghttp://internetometer.com/imagesmall/50425.png https://skykristal.art/CoolStuff/_aquarium-icon.png https://skykristal.art/CoolStuff/_tobi-icon.png https://skykristal.art/CoolStuff/_flora-icon.png https://skykristal.art/CoolStuff/_toothy-icon.png
BananaBoots
Jr. Member
**
View Profile WWW


↑ Soooooo normal about him (lying)
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: bananaboots
iMood: bananaboots
Itch.io: My Games

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #42 on: Summer, 06 Jun 2023 @555 » Toggle Font Embed

My go-to software is Visual Studio purely because it's what I learned to program in but, for some reason, I don't use it for my website. Most of the time I just use the one on Neocities itself but recently I've found myself using Atom. I've never really used it before but I'm rather enjoying it, actually!

Logged

Boots (it/he)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1114557706133581837/1114566855382810694/BootsBadgeV2.png
kurohaato
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


Full Steam Ahead! (≧∀≦)ゞ
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: rinrinrin
Matrix: Chat!
iMood: kurohaato

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
BobYellow FishThe World's Cutest Predator BurbyFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #43 on: Summer, 08 Jun 2023 @924 » Toggle Font Embed

Visual Studio Code w/ the liveserver extention. Makes my life so much easier than just doing everything in the neocities editor. :cheerR:

Logged

It ain't much but it's honest work

Artifact Swap: Snail Mail
Pepyogurt
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


Käse, käse, wo ist die käse?
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: pepyo
Matrix: Chat!

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #44 on: Summer, 13 Jun 2023 @609 » Toggle Font Embed

On Neocities, I used to edit my site through the built-in text editor. Then I realized I could use another program to do this, so then I made the switch to Atom (which I had used before, but not for website building which is... odd). After Atom was sunsetted, I moved to VS Codium.

In both cases, I found the experience of using Atom or VS Codium much better for website building. Biggest thing I'm a fan of is the live server capabilities of both programs. You can get the same effect by using CodePen, however I feel more secure knowing that the files I'm writing are right on my computer, and I can tinker with my site while offline!

Logged

https://pip-pepping.neocities.org/images/pipe-button.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe