This zone is sleeping right now! ZzzZZzzz

Better not disturb it! ~You go to the petrol station and buy a slushy instead, everything is cool!~

This area will open again in 000.beats!

(Learn about Swatch Time)

Some other zones are awake :^]


Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 05 Oct 2026 - @819.29
Forum Activity: Two Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy: Guild Events: weekly zine jam 15: dreams
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Da Web Revival
| |-+  ☕︎ ∙ Everyone Site (edit this page)
| | |-+  Everyone 3D! - help me prove a concept


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Everyone 3D! - help me prove a concept  (Read 4975 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


So many stars!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
You're a Star!Flinstone VitaminWavy Shoulder-Length Hair with BangsBug!Top HatI got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!
« on: Winter, 24 Dec 2024 @567 » Toggle Font Embed

EvErYoNe 3D

Hello! I have finished adding in native X3D support to the everyone site, meaning you can now include X3D code on any page and it should render!

For those of you who don't know, X3D is a modern version of VRML used for 3D websites in the 90s, I have a messy tutorial to help you get started on my blog.

I think there is SO MUCH cool stuff that could be done with this; from 3D webpages, to community built game worlds, to whole multiplayer experiences. However to get started I just want to know if the core idea of asking people to build things using X3D on the everyone site even works.

So I need your help! Please add and modify 3D pages on the site! Make stuff, break stuff, push it as far as you can ~ then report back here and let me know about your experience.

Here is the first page you can use as a reference: https://everyone.melonland.net/3d

You can directly upload your 3D models to to everyone site by creating X3D pages, such as: https://forum.melonland.net/pad.php?p=fish.x3d - to make these, just build your 3D model in blender, export it as an X3D file, then open that file in a text editor to get the code. - Remember to keep your models super low poly!

Good luck!  :ozwomp:

Logged


everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered

Artifact Swap: black n cyan yappin kittayHave a chillpillRed Tulip100 coins<3curious fish
bingus_baby
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


Baby of the bingus...
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Great Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: Winter, 24 Dec 2024 @831 » Embed

"421 Misdirected Request"
For the fish page :(

But I'll look and see if I have any 3D models ready to go! I'll be too busy to make something new, but I got have something in the backlog! Does it support image textures?

Logged

https://t4m4g0tch1.neocities.org/graphics/catsquish.gif
candycanearter07
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


i like slimes
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: candycanearter
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!it's tbhchansey!Goomy, I Choose You!uh oh! a pigeon got in!Artsy Candy Cane
« Reply #2 on: Winter, 24 Dec 2024 @918 » Toggle Font Embed

EvErYoNe 3D
You can directly upload your 3D models to to everyone site by creating X3D pages, such as: https://forum.melonland.net/pad.php?p=fish.x3d - to make these, just build your 3D model in blender, export it as an X3D file, then open that file in a text editor to get the code. - Remember to keep your models super low poly!

Good luck!  :ozwomp:

Everyone pad consistently crashes when I copy-paste the file in.

Logged

new to oldnet be nice
https://status.cafe/users/candycanearter/badge.png https://abslimeware.neocities.org/assets/images/blinkers/penguins.gif

https://abslimeware.neocities.org/assets/images/blinkers/slimebounce.gif https://card.exophase.com/2/0/268504.png?1727352149

https://i.imgur.com/S1cx8ZZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/7ntZZGM.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/xKIpW2A.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/YMPbu9R.png

Artifact Swap: buzzystickerSootBlob Creature
e-
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWWArt


the payphone faerie
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: Winter, 24 Dec 2024 @971 » Toggle Font Embed

After 10 minuets of futsing I've made...A mess! Not quite as simple as copypaste it would seem. replaced the start and end of the code per the example. Everything disappears if I use NavigationInfo and Background DEF. no materials. Model translated wrong. These I'm sure are things one could fix by learning all the stuff but ennhh me is sleepy :sleep:

Logged
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


So many stars!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
You're a Star!Flinstone VitaminWavy Shoulder-Length Hair with BangsBug!Top HatI got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!
« Reply #4 on: Winter, 25 Dec 2024 @076 » Toggle Font Embed

421 Misdirected Request"
This ones is actually unrelated, its a wider bug with SSL on all MelonLand sites that Im still trying to figure out :ziped:

Does it support image textures?
Yep, you have to hot link them in, but they should work!

Everyone pad consistently crashes when I copy-paste the file in.
The pad only supports smallish pastes (iv been tracking this bug for a while but I'm not sure it can be fixed); you have to keep your model super low poly or hotlink it in externally ^^

I've made...A mess!
Wow its kinda cool though - the issue with Background isn't just you, I found this issue when I tried it setting things up and Im not sure why its there, but if no one figures it out, I'll look into it!! As for everything else, ooph Iv no idea what happened on those chords!



So far things seems pretty rough, but its good info, and Im glad to see people are into trying it out! :cheerR:

Logged


everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered

Artifact Swap: black n cyan yappin kittayHave a chillpillRed Tulip100 coins<3curious fish
ribose
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


⚘ ⚘ ⚘ ⚘ ⚘
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: ribose
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Learning to swim!Fio the HamsterAmmoniteSee A Bug Summer 2025 ParticipantFirst 1000 Members!
« Reply #5 on: Summer, 06 Jul 2025 @949 » Toggle Font Embed

i added fish.x3d to my room! it was pretty easy to get the scene and model added to the page, but honestly i'm having a hard time wrapping my head around quaternion format for the rotations! lots of playing with the numbers and refreshing, but i still haven't gotten the fish positioned in quite the way that i want.

does anyone know of a good resource for understanding quaternions? i'm finding a lot of mathematical proofs, but i'd love to read/watch something with more of a visual art angle.

Logged

https://ribose.neocities.org/88x31.png

Artifact Swap: Taking my fish for a walkBunnylittle ufoWhite-Breasted NuthatchArnoldAnother WizardRing-Billed GullCommon RavenAmerican WoodcockAmerican RobinAmerican GoldfinchSprout LeafCache the SquirrelHungry Mousegoth gfMellohi10k:)Sonic the HedgehogKnuckles the Echidna
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


So many stars!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
You're a Star!Flinstone VitaminWavy Shoulder-Length Hair with BangsBug!Top HatI got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!
« Reply #6 on: Summer, 07 Jul 2025 @963 » Toggle Font Embed

honestly i'm having a hard time wrapping my head around quaternion format for the rotations!
This is a big issue I have too, normally when Im doing rotations in X3D I just write random numbers until it looks ok-ish :drat: From what I gather quaternions are essentially rotation in 4-dimensional space and they exist to prevent the mathematical equivalent of gears crashing. You kinda have to be a huge maths brain to understand them at a glance and I don't think I'll ever be that.

This would be a good situation to come up with some sort of tool or script that simplifies rotations somehow! Off the top of my head we could add a lil custom script that lets you write values in xyz, then converts them to quats when the page loads - thats the quickest and easiest fix.

Thoughhhh really I think it would be amazing if we had a very simple visual editor that let you drag objects around in 3D (even if it was crude), and would then let you copy their position data!

Logged


everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered

Artifact Swap: black n cyan yappin kittayHave a chillpillRed Tulip100 coins<3curious fish
ribose
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


⚘ ⚘ ⚘ ⚘ ⚘
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: ribose
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Learning to swim!Fio the HamsterAmmoniteSee A Bug Summer 2025 ParticipantFirst 1000 Members!
« Reply #7 on: Summer, 07 Jul 2025 @976 » Toggle Font Embed

there's this 3D rotation converter that i found in my search for fish-rotation help, but the number of inputs and outputs really threw me off. sticking with just xyz -> quats would make it waaay more approachable, and it would be cool if the everyone site could help with that conversion!

a visual editor would be fantastic :mark: :omg:

Logged

https://ribose.neocities.org/88x31.png

Artifact Swap: Taking my fish for a walkBunnylittle ufoWhite-Breasted NuthatchArnoldAnother WizardRing-Billed GullCommon RavenAmerican WoodcockAmerican RobinAmerican GoldfinchSprout LeafCache the SquirrelHungry Mousegoth gfMellohi10k:)Sonic the HedgehogKnuckles the Echidna
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe