Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 11 Oct 2026 - @708.55
Forum Activity: Four Stars ~ Boop! The forum will close in 292.beats! Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~ Guild Events: TIME FOR HALLOWEEN CRAFTS!
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Moon Park
| |-+  ☑︎ ∙ Greetings & News
| | |-+  ❤︎ ∙ (Archive) Greetings
| | | |-+  Hello all!


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Hello all!  (Read 668 times)
ValyceNegative
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


Your Average Toony Wolf!
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: valycenegative
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Game MachineGrass MailViolet Ribbon of WelcomeJoined 2024!
« on: Winter, 27 Dec 2024 @870 » Embed

Hello there, forumgoers! :dog:
Thank you so much for accepting my application to the MelonLand boards. I'm Valyce Negative, freelance illustrator and die-hard fan of personal websites and creative webmaking!

I spent a lot of my childhood surfing on Neopets and Pokemon fansites in the early to mid 2000s which have shaped my preferences on web layouts and aesthetics. Due to my career choice I had a period in which I unfortunately had to smash my head against social media as proper art sites were dwindling in popularity, but after a while I just gave up trying to understand that world. Social media pages feel like a cage, they're the worst environment one could ever choose for art! So, with resources and knowledgebase finally at hand, I purchased my domain!

https://www.valycenegative.it/ hosts my art, universe and musings since mid 2021. As most personal pages, it is a project in constant evolution and during these months I'm working with my brother (who does programming for a living) on a whole new overhaul, checking what needs to be improved and hopefully adding even more fun, interactive and interesting thingies.

I've been missing the forums format since the late 2000s and I'm happy to see they're making a comeback (just a few months before I joined a newly-opened forums pertaining to another topic that interests me)! Can't wait to meet new friends here!

Off to make my profile page colorful and pretty <3

Logged

https://valycenegative.neocities.org/img/banner_90s.gifhttps://valycenegative.neocities.org/img/vnbanner_16138b.pnghttps://valycenegative.neocities.org/img/banner_taurus.gif
Slix
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
RSS: RSS

Artifacts:
#1 Poliwag Fan !poliwag masterJoined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: Winter, 27 Dec 2024 @894 » Embed

Welcome! I too spent a lot of my childhood on Neopets and Pokemon sites, and it also shaped a lot of how I view the web even still today. I totally get what you're saying about social media feeling like a cage in some ways. Forums making a small comeback recently is super fun though. :)

I checked out your website, it's pretty snazzy! Keep up the good work!

Logged

https://a.poliwager.net/e/Slix.pnghttps://poliwager.net/advertising/images/PureAwesome.gif
ValyceNegative
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


Your Average Toony Wolf!
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: valycenegative
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Game MachineGrass MailViolet Ribbon of WelcomeJoined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: Winter, 27 Dec 2024 @943 » Embed

Thank you! Yeah, it's been quite a relief to see a whole community moving back to personal pages- or even keeping it alive since the beginning! The best thing is that it's not only a movement held by veteran surfers, there's a lot of "new blood" around.

Oooh, you got a Poliwager egg on your signature. Clicky clicky :3

Logged

https://valycenegative.neocities.org/img/banner_90s.gifhttps://valycenegative.neocities.org/img/vnbanner_16138b.pnghttps://valycenegative.neocities.org/img/banner_taurus.gif
Kalka
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time
⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Cube StoneMurbyGreat Posts PacmanGiver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: Winter, 05 Jan 2025 @457 » Toggle Font Embed

Hello and welcome to the Melonland Forum !

Glad to see you've joined us ! Your website is clean and clear, it's very nice. I love your your "90's" and "Notepad" badges ! Pokemon and NeoPets combo seems common within a generation, it's fascinating ! I hope you'll enjoy your time with us !

Have a violet ribbon as a welcome gift ! https://i.postimg.cc/6pjSCsHt/ruban-violet.gif

Logged

http://internetometer.com/image/51289.png
ValyceNegative
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


Your Average Toony Wolf!
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: valycenegative
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Game MachineGrass MailViolet Ribbon of WelcomeJoined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: Winter, 08 Jan 2025 @232 » Embed

Thank you so much for the ribbon badge, @Paprika ! <3
I can't remember where my Notepad badge comes from but the 90s one I did it myself based on this screencap:
https://64.media.tumblr.com/0d0d5c7a3e14b13985f8d584294218ac/tumblr_osa09rzcjc1vtnv5po1_500.gif
Even I am still surprised it translated so well to pixel!
(Of course, all my banners are free for everyone to use- I'd love to see them travel around the web!)

And yeah, it's amazing how many people have become interested in art and nature/biology thanks to Pokemon and web design/coding thanks to Neopet. You'd think they were just kid stuff but instead they inspired many important careers ^^

Logged

https://valycenegative.neocities.org/img/banner_90s.gifhttps://valycenegative.neocities.org/img/vnbanner_16138b.pnghttps://valycenegative.neocities.org/img/banner_taurus.gif
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe