Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 01 Oct 2026 - @194.87
Forum Activity: Five Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :skull: Websites are like whispers in the night  :skull: Guild Events: TIME FOR HALLOWEEN CRAFTS!
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Writing
| |-+  ✑ ∙ Books & Stationery
| | |-+  Online Zines: are they a thing?


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Online Zines: are they a thing?  (Read 1102 times)
Eunice
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


Behind every great woman there is a cat.
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Serennau

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
The Wise OneJoined 2024!
« on: Winter, 18 Feb 2025 @907 » Embed

Years, heck, decades ago, I used to make SF fanzines. And then I got into making non-genre zines. But now I don't have any way to print zines. There is no photocopying shop in my town, and the one printers closed down. My husband used to photocopy my zines for me when he worked in London. But he works from home now.

So I thought, why not switch to online zines? I know there are SF fanzines on the 'net, but I don't know if there are any non-genre zines. I thought I'd lay them out as usual, then scan them and upload them. Does anyone else do this, or know of any like that?

Logged
TheFrugalGamer
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
See A Bug Summer 2025 ParticipantGreat Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: Winter, 19 Feb 2025 @834 » Toggle Font Embed

Yes, people do this alot! There's a tool on Itch.io called the Electric Zine Maker that lets you make zines on your PC, and a ton of people on that site use the HTML5 Zine extension thing to put them online. They cover a huge variety of topics and definitely aren't just limited to fanzines. I've even done a few myself, but you can find the ones on itch.io here:

https://itch.io/games/tag-zine

There are others on the small web too, scattered here and there. Not all of them are HTML5 flippable things like the ones above, and many are scanned physical zines like the ones you're making. If you do any more, I'd love to see them!

Logged


Artifact Swap: Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Pink TulipEmerald OreAquamarine
Eunice
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


Behind every great woman there is a cat.
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Serennau

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
The Wise OneJoined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: Winter, 19 Feb 2025 @878 » Embed

Thank you so much, I'll give that a go. I loved making zines and have been itching to do it again, but for the lack of photocopying.

Logged
patchworkghoul
Newbie
*
View Profile WWWArt


I'm here from the internet
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #3 on: Winter, 22 Feb 2025 @766 » Toggle Font Embed

I am also dropping this link here! this shows you how to style your site with CSS so if somebody prints the page, it prints in a mini format so they can cut and fold it

https://zine-machine.glitch.me/

I haven't tried it yet because I keep forgetting about it until I see questions like this and then I remember that it exists 🫠 but if you make something I would love to see or help you test it!

Logged

Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe