Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 20, 2024 - @561.17 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 41/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  Poll: What browser do you use?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print
Poll
Question: What browser do you use? (Pick 2 Max!)
Firefox   -218 (54.9%)
Chrome   -52 (13.1%)
Safari   -17 (4.3%)
Edge   -11 (2.8%)
Brave   -11 (2.8%)
Vivaldi   -20 (5%)
Opera   -18 (4.5%)
Chromium   -4 (1%)
SeaMonkey   -2 (0.5%)
Pale Moon   -11 (2.8%)
Waterfox   -8 (2%)
Other (Please say!)   -25 (6.3%)
Arc   -0 (0%)
Total Members Voted: 296

Author Topic: Poll: What browser do you use?  (Read 9039 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« on: June 29, 2022 @7.08 »

Pretty self explanatory, what browser do you like to use? Apologies if I missed your browser in the list, I tried to think of everything Iv heard of but there are lots! You can pick 2 if you use multiples regularly.

Why do you like your browser? What addons do you use in it? :pc:

Personally I use a mix of Safari and Firefox, Safari because its fast and uses very little battery, and Firefox because it its got much better addon support.
In Safari I use AdGuard
In Firefox I use uBlock, YouTube Enhancer, SponsorBlock, HTTPS Everywhere, Return Youtube Dislike and a bunch of others!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2022 @59.13 »

I'm inordinately happy that you included Vivaldi in your list. That's my favourite browser these days. I fell in love with it when I saw it could do tab tiling. It's also privacy-centric, so I don't have to feel like I'm selling my soul to Google or Microsoft every time I use the internet.

But I'm actually stuck using Edge right now. My phone is a Surface Duo 2, and Edge is the only browser on Android that has decent support for the dual screen setup without Android 12L. So just to keep everything synchronized between my PC and phone I switched to Edge on all my devices. But 12L is supposedly coming to the Duo 2 sometime this summer, so hopefully I'll be able to switch back to Vivaldi soon.
tenkai_no_perusona
Casual Poster ⚓︎

あたしは暗い旅に出る

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2022 @73.75 »

Firefox. I don't really like it, but it's the only browser that allows me to customize it as much as I want to while still being pretty usable. I wish it had a native hypothes.is extension though.

WiiMiiSwitch

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2022 @79.35 »

I use Iridium, it's a basic chromium browser similar to Ungoogled Chromium. I don't really like Firefox because of Mozilla and it's new design and stuff
xX_irkeneonz_Xx
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2022 @802.16 »

Just Firefox because the containers tab is a semi-needed accessibility option for me and my system and it's easier than the alternatives. I might use Chrome with my Chromecast but that's all I use it for

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2022 @476.70 »

Falkon if I have a KDE environment,
LibreWolf on my laptop,
and Lynx/elinks for when I am in a terminal.
CyberCat2000
Casual Poster

Astral Dragon Mech Pilot

StatusCafe: cybercat2000

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2022 @107.74 »

A mix between Firefox and Vivaldi since these are the two browsers that I can customize to fit my needs! (Well, the former with extensions.) This is true for both desktop and mobile, actually; I'm not sure if there's any mobile browser I can use uBlock Origin on besides the mobile Firefox.

ArtisTheFox
Casual Poster

Hi! I'm Artis, a dark soul with a kind heart

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2022 @748.31 »

Opera is nice. I don't know much about browsers, but since switching to Opera from Chrome, my laptop battery life has almost doubled. It looks cooler, is more customizable, and add-ons are just as easy as on Chrome. JSchlatt's sponsorship of it convinced me.

Version
Casual Poster

Ver. Narrative game and mystery media lover.

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2022 @15.28 »

Pale moon. But I'm considering a switch to another Firefox based browser since pale moon is very slow and lacks support for some more modern css/html features.
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2022 @539.32 »

Pale moon. But I'm considering a switch to another Firefox based browser since pale moon is very slow and lacks support for some more modern css/html features.
Try LibreWolf. =)
Version
Casual Poster

Ver. Narrative game and mystery media lover.

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2022 @804.53 »

Try LibreWolf. =)

Thanks for the suggestion! It seems really good on the privacy front, and now my browser doesn't nearly crash every time I try to load a video.
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2022 @898.17 »

Thanks for the suggestion! It seems really good on the privacy front, and now my browser doesn't nearly crash every time I try to load a video.

Keep in mind though that because of the commitment to stick to only ethical software that respects your freedom, some website features will not work. For example, the 3D on melonland.net won't work. For some people (like me), that kind of commitment is a feature, but others will most likely want ALL of the internet to work out of the box.
worldwidewar
Casual Poster ⚓︎

🖕💩 👽👎💩🖕 👽💯➡️💩

iMood: worldwidewar

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2022 @819.22 »

Firefox is my main web browser, while I use w3m for somewhat rare occasions. I use w3m for loading slow websites like Wikia, since it won't load any of the JavaScript or media packed into that site. It's also the only web browser I have that can be used from TTY, since there are some days where I like to just do everything from tmux instead of starting X.
I also have Lagrange, but I almost forgot I had that before writing this post due to how little I use it.
Edit: I forgot to mention that I'll sometimes view my own stuff in w3m to make sure that nothing is too broken for lower end web browsers.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2022 @894.33 by worldwidewar » Logged

\   ^__^
         \  (oo)\_______
            (__)\       )\/\
                ||--WWW |
                ||     ||
MeowChirp
Casual Poster

iMood: HydraTriangle

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2022 @38.95 »

FireFox I think will always be my main browser at least for a while. I've tried almost every other browser on the list but nothing really compares to how stable FireFox is while also having some privacy. Vivaldi however is my second favorite, it's a little bit harder on my computer (or was in the past) compared to FireFox which is why I don't use it, but I love how customizable it is and it just works really well. I especially love the tab tiling feature, it's something I miss with FireFox but I get by with just standard Window tiling.
jONALD
Casual Poster

XMPP: Chat!

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2022 @291.05 »

For me, it is the Yandex browser. As someone who is learning Russian for fun, it made everything hard mode. I barely put in the effort to keep up with such a thing and I'm just used to it at this point.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

POLL: How many personal sites have you built?

Started by xandraBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 30
Views: 4344
Last post January 11, 2024 @150.49
by xXWebMasterXx_Gina
Theme Poll - Do you like the forum theme?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 13
Views: 4959
Last post August 12, 2023 @742.86
by vvinrg
old MSPaint in browser

Started by DarmodejBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 4
Views: 1619
Last post April 02, 2022 @344.05
by ramenwaitress

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi