Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 25, 2024 - @273.14 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 40/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  I have a slight obsession with weird/novelty snacks/sweets/drinks.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I have a slight obsession with weird/novelty snacks/sweets/drinks.  (Read 1507 times)
CooperationIsKey
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Something Clever

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: CooperationIsKey
iMood: CooperationIsKey

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« on: July 02, 2022 @959.32 »

I love trying weird/novelty/limited/unusual flavors/versions of snacks, sweets and drinks. Like the weird Oreo flavors that are always coming out, for instance.

My current poison are the new Mountain Dew Baja Blast flavors. I scored more Baja Blast (original) today because I love it anyway, plus the pineapple and mango varieties. Then I also got a Code Red because I've never had one, and whatever "Volt" is that I've never even heard of.

So I have like four new Mountain Dew flavors to try, lol.

Anyone else somewhat obsessed with trying sometimes elusive varieties of stuff like this?

Kitchen Staff
Casual Poster ⚓︎

He/they/glitch

iMood: KitchenStaff

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2022 @882.63 »

I always like trying new/weird flavors of stuff, but I don't usually get the chance because those weird flavors aren't always available in stores, but I did try yogurt flavored Ramune once a few years ago and I really liked it and would drink it again if I had the chance.

cinni
Full Member ⚓︎

believe in your dreams <3

StatusCafe: cinni

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2022 @139.25 »

i am not a big soda drinker so i probably won't be trying these myself but i would love to know how you rank them!! ^.^

as far as novelty/weird snacks.. uhhmm i do like a lot! though i guess some people wouldn't call it that xD i really really love birch beer!!! its similar to root beer but not as molassey and more minty? anyways im ALWAYS on the search for it in supermarkets and hardly do i ever find any. (i think its a regional thing). i've tried coffee soda once at a local pizzeria here and it wasn't bad?

another snack that is RARE for me but i love are these takoyaki chips! they are vegetarian so i can eat them and imagine what takoyaki tastes like lol but they were almost always out of stock at the japanese supermarket i went to (and they closed recently ;;_;; )

i've also been drinking trader joe's jalapeno lemonade recently? (i'll eat spicy anything lol) though imo i cant taste any spice hahaha

syx (dead)
Casual Poster

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2022 @358.39 »

I'm not sure if these are only in my state since I've never traveled, but Mexicans in the Western US know about these La Michocana Mangohelada cups :loved: . By the name, they're served in Michocanas. Michocanas are basically Mexican Ice Cream Shops. One popular one in my state is Paleteria La Michoacana. If you've never had these, OOOO!!! they're so good if you love sweet and spicy! Chamoy is sweet chili. The container looks different from the ones in my State.

POOP" width="500" height="50
CooperationIsKey
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Something Clever

StatusCafe: CooperationIsKey
iMood: CooperationIsKey

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2022 @823.17 »

I did get to try more 'weird' flavors when I lived in California, I think because that's more of a test market than where I live now (Florida). I'm not sure but that's my guess.

Yogurt flavored Ramune? That's one I've never heard of. I adore Ramune though; the green melon one is my fave. Can never find it here, though (another reason I miss California, lol; it was everywhere there).

Well I've tried the pineapple "Baja Gold" and it's extremely pineappley; I feel like it would benefit from something else, like maybe some coconut to help balance it out. It's not bad, just a bit too strong imo. The Voltage one is raspberry with ginger and it's not bad at all. Has a little bit of a bite due to the ginger, which is nice, though maybe I just like ginger, lol.

I have never had Birch Beer, but that reminds me that I think I still have one somewhere in the back of the refrigerator! I wonder if it's still good. The chips sound interesting too! I love Japanese and other Asian snacks, they're really fun. Bummer about your Japanese market closing though! I wish I knew one around here.

Jalapeno lemonade are two words I never thought I'd see together. I'd definitely try it if I had a Trader Joe's near me, though!

Interesting! I've only had spicy with sweet once (unless you count those Red Hot candies you get at Valentine's), and it was a chocolate cake with ice cream I had at Disney. It was... interesting, but not really my thing. I'd certainly be down to try again though sometime! I have no idea if that's found often in Florida but I'll have to keep my eyes open for it. :cheesy:

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2022 @643.24 »

This is a super interesting hobby!

I'm in Germany, and I am sure we have many novelty drinks and snacks over here that you can't really get your hands on in other places, so if anyone wants me to go on a little hunt to a store and get something unique, I'm offering to send that to you! :smile:
k4jtek
Casual Poster

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2022 @792.64 »

I really like weird food too, though where I live you won't find much of it in stores. However, I really enjoyed ChaiKola and ChaiMate soda, not sure if they're available anywhere outside Poland. They're actually just tea drinks, but are really close to normal "chemical" sodas, being very tasty and still affordable.
Cy83rPr1mm13
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2022 @574.33 »

So jazzed to see my two favorite sodas mentioned.

Then I also got a Code Red because I've never had one, and whatever "Volt" is that I've never even heard of.

I try not to drink Mountain Dew that much anymore but when I do I always get Voltage. It's delicious. I'm glad you enjoyed it; it's been my favorite Mountain Dew flavor since I was a teen.

i really really love birch beer!!! (...) (i think its a regional thing).

And birch beer!! It is sadly super regional :-( I've only ever seen it in Ohio. I don't want to go back to Ohio but I would for birch beer and Vernors ginger soda:

I don't get a lot of novelty drinks (I'm very into my preferred beverages) but I'm a big fan of Calpico. It's made from milk and it's weirdly refreshing. So far I've had a chance to try the original, strawberry, and white peach. I think the white peach is the best.

Misanthropic Monster™
Full Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

iMood: Misanthropic

View Profile WWW

bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2024 @915.01 »

I love trying weird/novelty/limited/unusual flavors/versions of snacks, sweets and drinks. Like the weird Oreo flavors that are always coming out, for instance.

My current poison are the new Mountain Dew Baja Blast flavors. I scored more Baja Blast (original) today because I love it anyway, plus the pineapple and mango varieties. Then I also got a Code Red because I've never had one, and whatever "Volt" is that I've never even heard of.

So I have like four new Mountain Dew flavors to try, lol.

Anyone else somewhat obsessed with trying sometimes elusive varieties of stuff like this?

I love obscure flavors too! I especially love seasonal Halloween flavors!

Honestly I am so mesmerized by what I assume is your watch strap, it's so glorious my Glob!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

what game do u want to play but havent yet?

Started by 2010Board ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 53
Views: 5700
Last post October 07, 2023 @975.13
by Scootarooni
What are your homepage must haves?

Started by dotmidiBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 7
Views: 985
Last post January 23, 2023 @995.29
by princemaggots
Why haven't YOU tried out the other forum themes?

Started by GuestBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 17
Views: 1293
Last post March 22, 2023 @931.04
by Tiffany

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi