Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 26, 2024 - @22.31 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 31/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  Hypnospace Outlaw

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Hypnospace Outlaw  (Read 4254 times)
Inkerlink
Full Member ⚓︎

Hey, nice to meet you!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Cool Dude AwardJoined 2023!
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2023 @885.72 »

I love hypnospace outlaw!! it's such a fun game, and I think it definitely made me interested in making my own site :)

gumshoe gooper  :chef:

How dare you post illegal content on this site!!!
Spoiler
Note to mods, this is a joke / in-game reference, just to be clear
[close]
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023 @896.66 by Inkerlink » Logged

It was in a way the world at the very beginning – the elements alone, and starlight.
-The Ionian Mission, Patrick O'Brian

Zusk
Casual Poster

StatusCafe: zusk

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2023 @487.43 »

Hypnospace Outlaw is what got me into yesterweb, admittedly.  :4u:  :4u:  :4u:  :4u:  :4u:  :4u:  :4u: 

It made me become obsessed with exploring old web sites on the internet archive, which made me eventually stumble onto Neocities! :transport:
Having the old web breathe again like this felt like an opportunity I couldn't pass up. I didn't want to miss this chance.

Zusk
Casual Poster

StatusCafe: zusk

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2023 @489.16 »

They just announced a sequel to Hypnospace a couple hours ago! aaaaaaaa!! :ozwomp:

Click the pic! Takes place 3 years after Hypnospace, and I see some familiar names in the screenshots... I'm super excited!

Dreamsettler is going to be my favorite game of the year when it comes out, hands down.
HunnyBon
Casual Poster ⚓︎

*squints at the captcha* it's communicating!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2023 @844.58 »

I played this with my buddies a while ago, and then a year or two afterward a new friend got to play it for us! :grin:

The game is so spectacular, the objectives incentivize you to explore at your leisure, and it really REALLY is good at teaching you detective strategies. I loved the ending of it, but I highly suggest people play to see it for themselves.

Favorite guy of all time:

🌙
13BECC
Casual Poster

clowny clown cat :o)

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: 13BECC

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2023 @263.92 »

hypnospace is legitimately my favorite game of all time
the way everything comes together is just perfect

it's the end of the world!

shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2023 @905.32 »

Thanks to the thread, I just started playing it and I am blown away so far. I will probably take a reaaallly long time exploring all these pages, but I love that there's no time pressure so far and there's a cute screen saver. :transport:

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
NetherFalcon
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Goddess of Stupidity

iMood: NetherFalcon
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2023 @748.75 »

They just announced a sequel to Hypnospace a couple hours ago! aaaaaaaa!! :ozwomp:

Click the pic! Takes place 3 years after Hypnospace, and I see some familiar names in the screenshots... I'm super excited!

i'm EXCITED for that sequel to release, i've always wanted to see a follow up of the game. i kinda wonder when it will be released tho tbh

Triplets born, the throne awaits...
shwintykat
Casual Poster ⚓︎

see her how she sparkles

View Profile WWW

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2023 @121.81 »

When I first saw the sequel announcement, I honestly thought "oh no, somebody is ripping them off..."

I'm so excited, I cant stand it!!! I adored the 90s aesthetic of the first game, but the directions they can go with the 2000s are just !!! Aaaaa!!!!

wangobangy
Casual Poster ⚓︎

vampires, please give me a chance

StatusCafe: wangobangy

View Profile WWW

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2023 @799.54 »

Hypnospace Outlaw is my favourite indie game ever. I am so excited for the sequel I just can't stand waiting.

The spin-off game Slayers X: Terminal Aftermath: Vengance of the Slayer is coming out later this year. I'm not sure if I will play it because I'm not huge on these types of games, but maybe it will be worth checking out.

But Hypnospace is totally what got me into old web. I always recommend this game to my friends.

KittyTheKat
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Any/All and Agender

iMood: KittyTheKat

View Profile WWW

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2023 @782.75 »

I've played through the game multiple times just to see all the content! I absolutely love it!!!

Also I get the Pizza song and the 'Granny Cream' song stuck in my head all the time. They're so silly but so catchy to me.

"Hell is other people. But that’s only that side of the coin. The other side, which no one seems to mention, is also “Heaven is each other.” … Hell is separateness, uncommunicability, self-centeredness, lust for power, for riches, for fame. Heaven, on the other hand, is very simple—and very hard: caring about your fellow beings." -Jean-Paul Sartre
Scrib01
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Cutest Psychedelic Egg!

iMood: Scrib01
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Infinite Egg TortureJoined 2023!
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2023 @894.95 »

Has anyone else played it? It's so good! Not only is it fun to explore webpages within a fictional Internet, it's also got a good story and great characters.

I feel a lot of people on here would enjoy it since it's really a huge love letter to ye olde web :grin: It's really cool how you get to know the characters by their webpages. It's also what inspired me to make a website!

Attachment is the desktop I have in the game. You can put stickers all over it to make it yours, it's cute.

I feel a lot of us are here because of that game! Its at least partially the case for me. That and I'm researching to make my own game kinda like Hypnospace.
I have a lot to thank Hypnospace for, it really is a great game. Can't wait for DreamSettler!  :pc:

"Still know nothin' 'bout me!"

wetnoodle
Jr. Member ⚓︎

a silly lil goose

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2023 @13.89 »

Love Hypnospace Outlaw!! Also a definite inspiration for my site :ozwomp:

virtue
Full Member ⚓︎

XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2023 @182.21 »

I bought it recently and would like to enjoy it more but the professor helper virus and wobbling screen is too disorienting for me to the extent that I haven't opened the game since beating that assignment. Is there any fast way to get that shit to stop?

I <3 RANDOM MESSAGES!!!
wangobangy
Casual Poster ⚓︎

vampires, please give me a chance

StatusCafe: wangobangy

View Profile WWW

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2023 @790.66 »

I bought it recently and would like to enjoy it more but the professor helper virus and wobbling screen is too disorienting for me to the extent that I haven't opened the game since beating that assignment. Is there any fast way to get that shit to stop?

Yeah. You have to use some of your hypnocoins to get the antivirus. You can just get the cheapest option if I am remembering correctly.

Nikodile
Casual Poster ⚓︎

loosey goosey

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2024 @35.87 »

It's one of my favorite indie games! I think it was my gateway to the web revival movement. I was shocked to see a whole community still wanting to bring the internet back the way it was. Very awesome stuff.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (1)

Desktop Simulators (games like Hypnospace Outlaw)

Started by 13BECCBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 21
Views: 974
Last post July 18, 2023 @798.23
by shevek

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi